• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
84rsWOr.png

Welp.

It's almost like having people work injured is FUCKING STUPID AND INCREDIBLY DANGEROUS or something

House shows are fun and cool for people to go to

Damn shame about the whole "there's 600 of them a year and even the lowliest of jobbers still work to death almost 140 times because of it" thing

Kaladin

Who remembers the CM Punk Pocket Universe?

For some reason that period of booking just strikes me as odd. Punk had his own little storylines that didn't seem affected by or to have any effect on the rest of the WWE stories when they should have been.

Has there been any kind of isolation booking like that since?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
That guy in the crowd just copped a feel off of Shinsuke Nakamura.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I like how the Payback ad copy is all pictures of the Wyatt family but none of the actual members will be on the show

Hopefully Bray can still do stuff on shows without competing for however long it takes. Then when it's time to get back in the ring, it will be for a hyped up title match against Roman Reigns where Bray should obviously go over, but in his downtime Hulk Hogan will have returned to the WWE Universe. He'll pull Vince aside backstage and say "I don't know dude it doesn't look like he's been hitting the gym. He's not even tan." and all dreams of super-over-babyface Bray will be gone as he takes his rightful place as the new leader of the Dungeon of Doom to resurrect the battle against Hulkamania.

Hopefully Bray can still do stuff on shows without competing for however long it takes. Then when it's time to get back in the ring, it will be for a hyped up title match against Roman Reigns where Bray should obviously go over, but in his downtime Hulk Hogan will have returned to the WWE Universe. He'll pull Vince aside backstage and say "I don't know dude it doesn't look like he's been hitting the gym. He's not even tan." and all dreams of super-over-babyface Bray will be gone as he takes his rightful place as the new leader of the Dungeon of Doom to resurrect the battle against Hulkamania.
Hogan's gonna try and do to Bray like he did Taker?

Well actually your scenario is more like what he did to Bret, where he felt he wasn't the guy and he shouldn't drop the title to him lol.

Who remembers the CM Punk Pocket Universe?

For some reason that period of booking just strikes me as odd. Punk had his own little storylines that didn't seem affected by or to have any effect on the rest of the WWE stories when they should have been.

Has there been any kind of isolation booking like that since?

Examples of this? I'm drawing blanks

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
For those interested, the Coach is the special guest on this week's Cheap Heat podcast. Kind of weird with Shoemaker being absent.

I'm really happy for the guy though. Has to feel pretty special when Bill Simmons asks you to join his team.

440px-WWE_Payback_%282016%29_poster.jpeg

Oh God... Were they really going to start treating the Wyatts well?

He was supposed to be the next guy fed to Reigns after Styles in Roman's Eternal Reign

I don't mind mentioning that because it's clearly not happening for a while now, if at all. Unless you thought Styles was winning, which lol

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Punk verse dates back to when he was champion but not main eventing, though it started really getting pointed out after Heyman left him.

KingBroly

Banned
I guess they'll have to feed Owens to Reigns now. Then Zayn. Then Rollins. Then Cena. Then Brock. And then Brock again. And maybe Taker.

DMczaf

What class do a lot of them usually fly? My understanding is that they pay for all of this out of their own pocket?

Meltzer says WWE pays for the flight, but the wrestlers pay everything else.

However in NXT, they pay for everything because they don't make as much.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Meltzer says WWE pays for the flight, but the wrestlers pay everything else.

However in NXT, they pay for everything because they don't make as much.

Domestically, yes.

Ah ok. So the WWE foots the bill for international flights then. Hopefully they get them decent seats. I shudder to think of what someone like Braun Strowman goes through on a 12+ hour flight let alone the people who have to sit next to him.

Top Bottom