• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

daemissary

I just realized that they didn't do the Drifter/Crews match at Takeover. Not that I'm complaining but that's kinda weird, right?

I just realized that they didn't do the Drifter/Crews match at Takeover. Not that I'm complaining but that's kinda weird, right?

Nah. Last Takeover they had like 10 matches scheduled and maybe 5 or 6 actually happened on the special, the rest were taped to air on filler NXT shows I think. Same happened here, the poster listed NXT for 9, and that's when the show started. Takeover didn't start until 10, I think they had one other match than Crews'.

Shane gonna use those mechanical arms in the set to put up a second HIAC. On top of the first.

Still won't top

Triple%2BCage%2B1.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Datakaveli, what are you watching?

Kaiju Big Battle
So Data, how was Kaiju?

So-so until the main event. The main event is a wonderful mess in all the right ways.

Dr Cube cut a promo building up Ibushi and everyone expected Ibushi, Dr Cube goes ,'3x IWGP Junior Heavyweight Champion, IWGP Intercontinental champoion, KOTA IBUSHI' and he points to the entrance and the fans all get up and then he immediately goes, '...WONT BE HERE TONIGHT HAHAHA APRIL FOOLS'

then one of the minions
reveals to be Ibushi to a huge reaction. And then it's like 8 minutes of Ibushi literally chasing Dr Cube around the arena and for some reason, it's the most entertaining 8 minutes I've ever seen in comedy wrestling. Then Ibushi wrestles a stuffed inanimate version of one of the Kaiju, Yoshiko style and fucking Masada randomly shows up next to Ibushi for no reason whatsoever other than I guess he was there?

Gurrry

Wow. I just got home around 1:30.. watched the entire Takeover. Its about 3:30 am now.

Nakamura vs Zayn was the greatest match of all time.

I might be marking out a bit, but I know for certain its the greatest match ive ever seen personally. What a fucking incredible performance.

And his theme... also the greatest of all time.

broz0rs

That Zayn vs Nakamura match not only lived up to the hype, but blew past anything that I could have ever imagined.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
After what happened last night, I'm calling it. Bayley shows up on Raw next Monday, Leva Bates comes to NXT full time to be Joshi Goldberg's latest victim.

Adree

You guys ever watch Banshee? The fights on that show are often so well choreographed that they might as well be wrasslin' matches. It's too bad the show is ending this season, they could do a crossover with Lucha Underground.

UberTag

It's like Zayn on NXT is a different person compared to him being just some random guy on Raw.
You could make that argument for just about anyone on NXT.
If they have talent, they mean something on that roster.
Whereas everyone on the main roster is chopped liver unless they're Cena or Reigns.
And if they're NOT chopped liver, Stephanie has to emasculate them publically and slap them until they ARE chopped liver.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Corbin's strikes are definitely starting to look better. There was a couple strikes in that match I'd dare say looked Scott Hall-esque

Teeth

You could make that argument for just about anyone on NXT.
If they have talent, they mean something on that roster.
Whereas everyone on the main roster is chopped liver unless they're Cena or Reigns.
And if they're NOT chopped liver, Stephanie has to emasculate them publically and slap them until they ARE chopped liver.

They are doing a lot better with KO than I expected. Although a lot of that has to do with his natural ability to punctuate the wrestling with good personality and mic work.

The common thread amongst squandered NXT talent is that: if you can't talk at a high level, you're midcard at best (Cesaro, Neville, Kalisto) or DOA (Breeze). They don't know how to or don't care to even try to structure a program to hide weaknesses on the mic.

It's why Bray and Owens are setup at the higher end of the card. It's why Big E just recently is.

Which is why I think Enzo and Cass are going to do way better than Sami, Bailey, Asuka, Emma pt2, Crews, etc.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
And it's a late topic, but I can appreciate the risk LU took with the booking of Matanza vs Pentagon. Taking one of their most popular stars and having him mercilessly destroyed by their new guy. There's a difference in that match I hadn't heard in LU before. There's this weird quietness for parts of the match. Like people in the crowd are having to parse what's happening to the fan favorite.

Which is only going to make it a bigger deal when Pentagon comes back as Super Shin Pentagon.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The only thing I thought was weird was the ending to the Asuka match. I guess it felt anti-climactic.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
They are doing a lot better with KO than I expected. Although a lot of that has to do with his natural ability to punctuate the wrestling with good personality and mic work.

The common thread amongst squandered NXT talent is that: if you can't talk at a high level, you're midcard at best (Cesaro, Neville, Kalisto) or DOA (Breeze). They don't know how to or don't care to even try to structure a program to hide weaknesses on the mic.

It's why Bray and Owens are setup at the higher end of the card. It's why Big E just recently is.

Which is why I think Enzo and Cass are going to do way better than Sami, Bailey, Asuka, Emma pt2, Crews, etc.

The reason why KO is at the high end of the card is because KO constantly sells merch and shills the merch.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Vince respects that (apparently legit)

Absolutely. Despite what he'd have you believe, I guarantee it's why Punk got all the big feuds he got and wasn't fired for his 'attitude.'

It's why I have to roll my eyes when people act like standing up to Vince is going to get them fired. Like that has ever happened.

FyreWulff

Absolutely. Despite what he'd have you believe, I guarantee it's why Punk got all the big feuds he got and wasn't fired for his 'attitude.'

It's why I have to roll my eyes when people act like standing up to Vince is going to get them fired. Like that has ever happened.

I still remember Kofi basically had to fight Vince to keep his job.

A bizarro fucking world where NOT engaging in fisticuffs with your boss means you lose your job.

Kornflayx

I kinda understand Vince in doing that. Who wants someone as a top star who just rolls over when he's challenged on something? Of course Vince wants someone who stands his ground

Vince is a bully, and the moment he smells weakness, he zeroes in on it.

Vince willing to sacrifice his son
I'm going to enjoy every moment of it too and I'm going to make sure to ask all of the crybaby geeks are they going to cry some more because Shane is doing what they said WWE won't allow. I'm sick of all this moaning and whining, save that shit for your therapist. This is a motherfucking wrestling thread where only Alphas can survive. If I start detecting beta in your blood, then you gots to go. Now say something stupid Paul!

The drop is Sting coming in

Agree 100%, basically everyone leaving WWE says that don't they? If you don't have balls and show it you will just end up as midcard meat. Demand that brass ring.

As someone who doesn't really watch much other wrestling besides matches here and there and have to listen to "you people" overhype every new hot indie darling(Styles, Devitt. Owens, Sami, Dean, Bryan, etc etc etc etc) None of them debuted and then instantly lived up to and surpassed that hype like Nakamura has, didn't know much about him but goddamn from what I saw tonight that man is a complete 100% star.

If Vince and his goons find some way to ruin him on the main roster.......... they did it to Punk and Nexus......all I can do is hope

Rutti

Just saw Nakamura vs Zayn and it was worth every penny of my newly renewed network subscription. I guess now I have to watch the WM tomorrow...

Clegg

Nakamura/Zayn may not even be the best match this weekend.

Haven't seen it yet but ZSJ/Ospreay has gotten glowing reviews.

Just watched the Nakamura entrance and it was really damn good. I worry how well it will do on the larger stage because they're all about lighting it up brighter than the sun

As someone who doesn't really watch much other wrestling besides matches here and there and have to listen to "you people" overhype every new hot indie darling(Styles, Devitt. Owens, Sami, Dean, Bryan, etc etc etc etc) None of them debuted and then instantly lived up to and surpassed that hype like Nakamura has, didn't know much about him but goddamn from what I saw tonight that man is a complete 100% star.

That's because he's been legitimately one of the best wrestlers in the world for years now and WWE changed very, very little of his act - that was Nakamura exactly as you would have seen him in New Japan. Of the guys you listed, Bryan was forced to change the most, AJ changed very little and everyone else was somewhere in between.

Top Bottom