• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

Forkball

3hHsjL7.jpg

Zach

Oh, and speaking of fun old movez: I counted at least three biiig crossbodies, all of which I enjoyed immensely.

imBask

Banned
Oh, and speaking of fun old movez: I counted at least three biiig crossbodies, all of which I enjoyed immensely.

Jordan also did 2 different suplexes in a row, I was so confused that I sent an email to Vince to complain about the product being "too hard to understand"

Man God

Non-Canon Member
But I was theeerrre, maaannn.

I get it! What I'm saying is the more the merrier.

They've also slowly started backing away from everyone doing the suicide dive in NXT which the WWE is cursed with. More baseball slides and other maneuvers.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Revival vs Alpha was the best match on the card by far to me

It was very Steiners vs Enforcers which are two of my favorite tag teams of all time so I might be biased

Zach

They've also slowly started backing away from everyone doing the suicide dive in NXT which the WWE is cursed with. More baseball slides and other maneuvers.

I see, I see.

It was very Steiners vs Enforcers which are two of my favorite tag teams of all time so I might be biased

My man.

Oh, I don't agree, though. Nakamura/Zayn was the best. Just incredible.

Fox318

Problem is guys do that spot like every fucking show.

It should be used only at big events like takeover.

Bryan was doing that shit like every fucking show.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

Yep.

They should totally have Arn manage the Revival when they bring them up, though Angle would be better than Scott for AA.

RBH

I like Dash and Dawson a lot in the ring, but their "Revival" team name and their entrance music need to go.
camby.png

imBask

Banned
I stopped watching wrestling since the last WWE PPV, maybe even the one before that. Tonight NXT made me realize that I wasn't burned out of wrestling, i'm just burned out of the WWE main roster.

it's fucking trash, and it's even more apparent when you stop watching for a little while

Zach

I stopped watching wrestling since the last WWE PPV, maybe even the one before that. Tonight NXT made me realize that I wasn't burned out of wrestling, i'm just burned out of the WWE main roster.

it's fucking trash, and it's even more apparent when you stop watching for a little while
I'm kind of excited to watch the spectacle of WrassleMania on my couch, but I have absolutely no urge to stay in town and attend. NXT was plenty for us.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I like the Revivals theme.

The only two NXT themes I've never liked were...both of wub dub themes. The first one being an assault on the ears.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Some people gif and explode for stiff kicks or ridiculous spots or blood or piledrivers on chairs or glass or whatever

but my 'flip my shit' moment was Dash throwing the towel over Dawson's feet on the ropes

MxNMioW.gif

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Oh... oh, Man God...

The heart wants what the heart wants.

Asuka has the best entrance in NXT, then Bayley, then Shinsooke Nakamoora, then Samoa Joe, then, well, it would be Sammy Zayn but since he's gone its probably Emma.

If Joe is really gone as well, which I'm not convinced of, then the next person in the top five is probably...hmm, the Vaudevillians?

Adree

I feel bad for Dash and Dawson because that gimmick would die on the main roster. They are excellent though, even with a major botch during the match.

UberTag

Your eyes have been opened and you now see what the enlightened ones see.
Now go seek out some Lucha Underground.

MC Safety

Asuka is great.

I'm so glad she won. And I have to say I took a perverse amount of pleasure seeing her choke out Bayley and then walk out of the ring without shaking hands.

Takeover is very well done.

While the Nakamura/Zayn match was obviously nuts, I really dug the main event.

It's a shame the refs kept messing with the flow to wipe the blood (despite it leading to nice chants), when that match started and Joe was first bleeding the vibe was insane. Super intense, all the barrier shit owned.

You could tell Joe was trying to feed off of the bleeding to go full monster but they ruined it. #ForTheKids

The problem with Nakamura/Zayn is

It's 2:49 am here and I should theoretically be asleep right now but nope not after watching that

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So am I the only one who thinks AJ is going to carry Jericho through an amazing match tomorrow?

Like it's pretty known that I'm not a fan of Jericho, but he can typically keep up. And AJ is still one of the top 5 in the world, period. I like to think that with time, AJ will turn that into a MOTYC. With time.

So am I the only one who thinks AJ is going to carry Jericho through an amazing match tomorrow?

Like it's pretty known that I'm not a fan of Jericho, but he can typically keep up. And AJ is still one of the top 5 in the world, period. I like to think that with time, AJ will turn that into a MOTYC. With time.

Seeing you so jaded months ago about a 4th Tana/Okada match happening, and seeing you so hype now about a 4th Styles/Jericho match happening, is jarring as fuck

There's a small glimmer of hope, but really, it's just not gonna happen friend.

Accept it now, on this very day.

KissVibes

Banned

They won't get enough time to do shit. Six minute match at most.

Meltzer on his radio show tonight said that Ibushi being shown on NXT is an indicator that he has an agreement with WWE/NXT, and he noted it includes "more than" just a spot in the Global Cruiserweight Series like most assumed. He also noted that if Ricochet and Matt Sydal drop the IWGP Jr. Tag Titles next week, then that is a sign that Ricochet will also be a part of the GCS.

Teeth

That AA and Revival match looked like everyone was constantly a half step behind where they wanted to be. It was incredibly rushed and, honestly, kinda sloppy, not even counting that monster botch. Guys looked like they were running around constantly trying to get into position and just barely making it and kinda slopping a bit through the moves.

I like me some AA but that match was all over the place.

The Zayn Nakamura match was the perfect showcase of how a super hot crowd can take a good match and make it amazing. Very intense to watch, even if a lot of the strikes were a little sloppy.

Austin Aeries is the most nothing wrestler I've seen in a long time. What does he do besides drop kicks and elbows? Anything?

The two title matches were good. Shame about the blood stuttering that last match's flow. Would have been great if they let it go and let Joe play off the monster blood.

Top Bottom