• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

So apparently Stephanie was seen pissed in the crowd at 1. Joe bleeding 2. Him pushing away the ref.

That's a bad thing having heat like that coming to the main roster.

MoosiferX

That's Evolve 58 and NXT Takeover in the books. Now on to Kaiju Big Battel!

Takeover was really, really good. I'm happy that Nakamura is basically the exact same wrestler. I thought the "Kinshasa" (spelling?) kick was a little weak compared to the Boma Ye's we've seen him deliver -- something just looked off about it. I'm hoping that it was just a weird angle/sell, but other than that and his new theme which I'm not quite as into as some of you guys, that was 100% Nakamura! I love it.

CfArVIMVAAEwmkH.jpg

Kai en tai 2.0 on the main roster

Fox318

So apparently Stephanie was seen pissed in the crowd at 1. Joe bleeding 2. Him pushing away the ref.

That's a bad thing having heat like that coming to the main roster.
Honestly she's the one person not to piss off.

But what the fuck was joe supposed to do?

Also this isn't the main roster and she probably doesn't have much to do with the day to day nxt operation compared to what she really does.

Brand outreach and putting herself over.

imBask

Banned
it's a network exclusive PPV, it's midnight EST, and it's not the main roster

let
him
bleed.

No need to blade to have a good match, but they completely fucked up the pacing by trying to cover up

imBask

Banned
Never worth the risk over someone's health.

oh please he was fine and you know it, it's just a small cut in an unfortunate spot

i'm really not for super violence or chairshots or dumb shit like that. But they pretty much ruined the main event by trying to stop the bleeding 3 or 4 times, at some point just let them go

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I thought the constant interruptions really got the crowd into it.

Would have been especially nice if they'd gone for a double turn, but whatever. I liked the match a lot.

Fox318

If it was life threatening then they should have just stopped the fucking match.

I don't understand how this is so hard.

Either let him work though it or have the ref call it.

imBask

Banned
Or there's not enough room.

NOT ENOUGH ROOM ON A 3H RAW?

jFQx19D.gif

let's go through the list of bullshit they could cut to make room for Samoa Joe and AJ Styles... or no let's go the other way, let's go through the list of things they should KEEP on the show

-Maybe Dean Ambrose
-

Fox318

I think that's why they kept interrupting: to assess the situation. They couldn't control the blood and that's a problem.
What they tried to do was clean up the blood for presentation purposes.

It had nothing to do with health.
Same for when they cleaned up nakamura.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Also Joey Samoey would be great in a super stable of Samoan heels despite not being a direct part of the family, uce.

oh please he was fine and you know it, it's just a small cut in an unfortunate spot

i'm really not for super violence or chairshots or dumb shit like that. But they pretty much ruined the main event by trying to stop the bleeding 3 or 4 times, at some point just let them go

Ah yes, because nothing says "we've changed, please watch us and save our dying ratings and hurting company" more like watching hepatitis be exchanged on your biggest weekend to draw in new viewers

imBask

Banned
Ah yes, because nothing says "we've changed, please watch us and save our dying ratings and hurting company" more like watching hepatitis be exchanged on your biggest weekend to draw in new viewers

big difference between a natural, small cut during an intense "FIGHT" and the shitshow that was 00's Ric Flair/Rock killing Foley with a chair over and over again

NOT ENOUGH ROOM ON A 3H RAW?

jFQx19D.gif

let's go through the list of bullshit they could cut to make room for Samoa Joe and AJ Styles... or no let's go the other way, let's go through the list of things they should KEEP on the show

-Maybe Dean Ambrose
-
They're not going to do him any favours with the way they're doing these shows. Logically there's enough room but they only care about having the authority and Roman on camera for about an hour a night.

Cagey

Banned
Random musings.

Shinsuke Nakamura walks into the company with two names and casually has the best non-Lesnar WWE performance in years. Holy shit.

And his theme deserves 10 Summon Ifrit flame emojis.

Alpha and Revival are both awesome at their respective roles. It's old school tag team wrestling. Clearly defined roles and supremely executed. Awesome.

Dont think either one of Asuka or Bayley are good. Like, at all. When the main roster "ruins" Abby from Broad City I'll shed no tears.

easy there, daniel bryan

I wonder what's next for Corbin. Will he be so fed up with losing to Indy darlings that he goes to an EVOLVE show and wreak havoc? Thats all I can imagine

Top Bottom