• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

CfBuDHAWIAA6nW3.jpg

Motherfuckers breaking kayfabe. Suspend them.

This guy was throwing a temper tantrum at Walemania because they wouldn't let him into a VIP section. He also acted like a douche towards a bunch of people that tried to talk to him.

Last night?

Dood is straight up a clown. Didn't he bitch as well because he wasn't recognized by the WWE as a superfan or something like that?

^^^^
Lmfao

Mickey James and Trish feud is one of the darkest storylines ever. That's some creepy shit and they did the build up so good.

Jr. Told King that Mickey is too old for him. She's in her early 20. Bah gawd.

The ending to the Mickey and Trish match is weird without that brief gesture. The cut to the crowd is weird.

Welp time for Shawn to make Vince his bitch. Well, again.

Wrong, my brother Mizark about to get them Demon paws.

I was in Izzy's section and after Bayley lost, she was crying almost as bad as smarks will after Reigns wins on Sunday and her parents took her out. My girlfriend had a ton of Bayley stuff on and high fived Izzy as her parents brought her back a few minutes later, and Izzy wound up sitting next to her. So, since I saw some people hoping Izzy would cry, it happened.

Zach

I was in Izzy's section and after Bayley lost, she was crying almost as bad as smarks will after Reigns wins on Sunday and her parents took her out. My girlfriend had a ton of Bayley stuff on and high fived Izzy as her parents brought her back a few minutes later, and Izzy wound up sitting next to her. So, since I saw some people hoping Izzy would cry, it happened.
It was a work, brother.

The worst part of NXT was a guy behind me who shouted "DON'T CATCH HIM" literally every time someone went for a dive.

Oh, and he tried to get a "Bayley eats dick" chant started to no success.

XShagrath

Just finished watching Takeover. Good show overall.

This is the first time I've seen an Asuka match in WWE. I couldn't concentrate with how bad the commenatators were butchering her name.

The worst part of NXT was a guy behind me who shouted "DON'T CATCH HIM" literally every time someone went for a dive.

I'm surprised he wasn't confronted by security. Were you in the front arena or in the middle section?

Carnby

Who is Izzy?

Zach

I don't know if it was the same guy (I know we were both in the Izzy section) but there was a guy by himself that was trying to start all kinds of dumb chants and was generally out of sync with the successful chants. Pretty weird.

Kurita

I'm not sure why Balor has some sort of demon gimmick, and the chainsaw was embarrassing.
I mean the make-up looks cool but no need to act like a freak, it's just bad.

I don't know if it was the same guy (I know we were both in the Izzy section) but there was a guy by himself that was trying to start all kinds of dumb chants and was generally out of sync with the successful chants. Pretty weird.

I guarantee that's the same guy. He was trying to chant so much stupid stuff the entire show and I wanted to turn around and tell him to shut up so badly.

Zach

I guarantee that's the same guy. He was trying to chant so much stupid stuff the entire show and I wanted to turn around and tell him to shut up so badly.
Most of the folks around us were surprisingly decent, though. We saw a lot of funny stuff while waiting in line, though. Folks are loony. Pretty ridiculous and fun. Great experience!

Striker

What made that hardcore match is the fact that Edge was able to take the pain from Foley as well. No one else has dared to go the lengths that Foley has by getting beat with the senseless stuff he lets them beat him with. That match was perfect.

Rofl this segment with Booker basically at a freak show is hilarious.
Last truly great heel WWE has had.

Last truly great heel WWE has had.
Watch the video pkg and notice how Miz emulates the hell out of Edge but does it very good. Edge, gone too soon. This Mania has been one of lost memories to me and realizing how the times truly have changed as I say this is the one before the drastic overhaul. But Edge and Foley showed their asses off sadly this was the match that really really hurt him more than we knew.

I don't know if they showed her on TV but Stephanie McMahon was in the 2nd row, hard camera side and was marking out hard during the Zayn-Nakamura match. She leapt to her feet a few times.

Caderfix

I like Corbin. Dude has heel and unstoppable written all over him.

He's got something most don't have at all, he actually looks like a bad ass. And does his "asshole" persona very well.

When I look at Braun Strowman I see a guy that looks like a big geek on steroids, when I look at Corbin I see a guy who looks ready to wreck things. Just by looking at his face you can see that the character thinks he owns the place, is not afraid of anyone and is 100% disrespectful.

He's got a lot to offer, and I hope he does well when he goes to the main roster. He is a top heel.

Shawn stole the show with that Ladder drop. That's how you do it. Vince took a very great ass beating.
I even loved the shout out to Tupac from Vince.

Mahonay

Banned
I don't know if they showed her on TV but Stephanie McMahon was in the 2nd row, hard camera side and was marking out hard during the Zayn-Nakamura match. She leapt to her feet a few times.
Yeah they showed her right before Bayley vs Asuka.

She seems to genuinely love NXT. Makes her husband happy too so win/win.

Mahonay

Banned
I like Corbin. Dude has heel and unstoppable written all over him.

He's got something most don't have at all, he actually looks like a bad ass. And does his "asshole" persona very well.

When I look at Braun Strowman I see a guy that looks like a big geek on steroids, when I look at Corbin I see a guy who looks ready to wreck things. Just by looking at his face you can see that the character thinks he owns the place, is not afraid of anyone and is 100% disrespectful.

He's got a lot to offer, and I hope he does well when he goes to the main roster. He is a top heel.
Yep. Corbin has that intangible thing about him that makes a natural old school heel. It's been great to see him kind of find his way in NXT.

Braun doesn't have that in him in the slightest. Braun should have 1) Spent at least one more year in development since he is awful in the ring, and 2) Been brought in as a big doofy lovable face. He's a massive dude, but holy shit is he ever not the least bit intimidating with that cheery motherfucking Samwell Tarly face of his.

Mahonay

Banned
If Bayley doesn't go to the main roster, I'm REALLY excited about a Bayley vs Asuka rematch story
They set up a rematch story with how they ended the match, so she's definitely not moving up yet. At least not full time.

Zayn's match was more of a send off to the main roster,

Caderfix

Yep. Corbin has that intangible thing about him that makes a natural old school heel.

I couldn't agree more.

Braun should have 1) Spent at least one more year in development since he is awful in the ring, and 2) Been brought in as a big doofy lovable face. He's a massive dude, but holy shit is he ever not the least bit intimidating with that cheery motherfucking Samwell Tarly face of his.

Yes, specially the highlighted part. He can be a lovable mid-card babyface or a back up goon/security guy at best, but I don't think I'll ever buy him as an actual threat.

Cena got them boos as soon as they put that camera on him lol. They treating Triple H like he's a boxer lol.

For jr to say that Traditional wrestling fans in this arena will be siding with Triple H is very strange. And even acknowledged that this crowd seems to Favour Triple H. They knew that this crowd had gone insane because they're cheering Hunter over Cena. Weird for them to go to those lengths to still try to cover up Cena's shortcomings.

Top Bottom