• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

Verendus

Banned
Looking at the Payback card, and I see that we already have a new IC title holder. Well, that jobber reign didn't last long. On a brighter note, Cesaro is back. Oh my.

I can ignore that he's stuck with The Miz.

People shooting on the Snowglobe clique in here and DM is nowhere to be found. I think that says it all about who the true leader of the clique really is.

Kurita

Looking at the Payback card, and I see that we already have a new IC title holder. Well, that jobber reign didn't last long. On a brighter note, Cesaro is back. Oh my.

I can ignore that he's stuck with The Miz.

The Miz + Maryse and Cesaro will provide good shit, trust me

If you smell fa la la la what the sock is cooking

Baw gawd a fucking beer truck.

Something I find interesting about cornette. My man doesn't even watch anything right now yet everyone still wants to have him speak on the products lol.

imBask

Banned
It's this cool e-club I started. You're a key member.

tumblr_m2n9ei4JBX1rt73joo2_500.gif

I miss this thread sometimes, I wish wrestling wasn't fucking trash

we need a discord chat about things that are good, like, anything else

klonere

Banned
236%20-%20Raw%20autoplay_gif%20gif%20headset%20stone_cold_steve_austin%20wwf.gif

YOU'LL NEVER DATE BECKY LYNCH BECAUSE SHE'S WITH A MANLET

Hold on buddy I had to watch some of the misery of the season with my Dad who shelled out some ridiculous amount of money for streaming NHL solely to see the Canadiens lose. He was born in Canada and lived in Montreal for a long while!

I actually don't know what was worse, seeing him watch his team lose constantly while destroying his sleep schedule or watching Seth Rollins lose while destroying my sleep schedule.

imBask

Banned
Hold on buddy I had to watch some of the misery of the season with my Dad who shelled out some ridiculous amount of money for streaming NHL solely to see the Canadiens lose. He was born in Canada and lived in Montreal for a long while!

I actually don't know what was worse, seeing him watch his team lose constantly while destroying his sleep schedule or watching Seth Rollins lose while destroying my sleep schedule.

Horrible season on multiple levels, there's too much pain to talk about it in depth

much like wrestling

klonere

Banned
Horrible season on multiple levels, there's too much pain to talk about it in depth

much like wrestling

Worst thing is we both followed along without watching at the start of the season when things were real good, noted they started losing a lot, forgot about it, watched the Winter Classic and that's when we subbed to NHL streaming.

Mistakes were made on many levels.

Striker

Man Matt Hardy has usually bored me to tears.

Probably only fun thing he did was feud with MVP.

Sure there was Edge/Hardy...but Edge was the whole highlight.
Edge made everything better.

He had a better theme song
I kind of enjoyed Mattitude. Although Big Poppa Pump threw him around on his debut. Shannon Moore acting as a sacrificial lamb in his Rumble eliminations was great, too.

Barrage

Edge made everything better.

I kind of enjoyed Mattitude. Although Big Poppa Pump threw him around on his debut. Shannon Moore acting as a sacrificial lamb in his Rumble eliminations was great, too.

Version 2.0 with the Matt Facts and all that shit was great.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
This NXT crowd is dead silent, unless they're trying to start stupid chants

It's a random event in the middle of a convention center where they're doing wrestler autographs among other shit.

klonere

Banned
Takeover was unbelievable but I have zero motivation to watch a bunch of filler Axxess NXT shows.

Reminds me of when I was 13 and watched Naruto. Or something like that.

Zach

This NXT crowd is dead silent, unless they're trying to start stupid chants

I mostly don't mind the wacky chant-centric crowds of modern-day wrassle. But when I went to NXT Dallas, I did notice some lulls with weird energy, where people seemed to not know what to do. Like, they felt awkward with the quiet, looking to each other to be entertained.

The best case scenario would be a crowd that reacts to the action in the ring, that would bust out a fun chant if it made sense and felt right. I think some folks are just sitting on their hands waiting for a cue to begin a chant, which is strange.

There was one guy in particular -- totally anecdotal stuff here -- but there was this one guy who was in front of us, who was clearly by himself and would occasionally try to force a chant. He was obnoxious and occasionally distracting, but I felt bad for him. It was like he just wanted to belong, to feel togetherness.

Anyway, that's my crowd aside for the day.

BREAKING: Global Cruiserweight Series qualifiers confirmed for @ThisIs_Progress Wrestling event
Matches are

Zack Sabre Jr. vs Flash Morgan Webster
Jack Gallagher vs “Bruiserweight” Pete Dunne

ZSJ has suspiciously been removed from the previous list of "confirmed" participants he was on before, which is now:
-Rich Swann
-Johnny Gargano
-Tommaso Ciampa
-Noam Dar
-Akira Tozawa
-Ho Ho Lun
-Lince Dorado

I really hope Pete gets in over Jack, you've already got Zack Sabre for "Technical Brit", and Pete is doing really well lately.

I mostly don't mind the wacky chant-centric crowds of modern-day wrassle. But when I went to NXT Dallas, I did notice some lulls with weird energy, where people seemed to not know what to do. Like, they felt awkward with the quiet, looking to each other to be entertained.

The best case scenario would be a crowd that reacts to the action in the ring, that would bust out a fun chant if it made sense and felt right. I think some folks are just sitting on their hands waiting for a cue to begin a chant, which is strange.

There was one guy in particular -- totally anecdotal stuff here -- but there was this one guy who was in front of us, who was clearly by himself and would occasionally try to force a chant. He was obnoxious and occasionally distracting, but I felt bad for him. It was like he just wanted to belong, to feel togetherness.

Anyway, that's my crowd aside for the day.

You just described perfectly what I hate about chanting.

Toki767

I just read Bray was injured.

And then I watched the video of the injury.

The same exact way Harper got injured.

Also against Reigns.

So unsafe.

Kaladin

BREAKING: Global Cruiserweight Series qualifiers confirmed for @ThisIs_Progress Wrestling event
Matches are

Zack Sabre Jr. vs Flash Morgan Webster
Jack Gallagher vs “Bruiserweight” Pete Dunne

ZSJ has suspiciously been removed from the previous list of "confirmed" participants he was on before, which is now:
-Rich Swann
-Johnny Gargano
-Tommaso Ciampa
-Noam Dar
-Akira Tozawa
-Ho Ho Lun
-Lince Dorado

I really hope Pete gets in over Jack, you've already got Zack Sabre for "Technical Brit", and Pete is doing really well lately.

ZSJ is pretty much a lock, they just removed him from the official participants because they wanted to respect the promotion's qualifying matches.

Zach

You just described perfectly what I hate about chanting.

But is it worth going all in on being anti-chant?

Chants can be a lot of fun. Like that wonderful "FIGHT FOREVER" chant that I took part in. It felt right. Everyone was having a great time because of these two dudes faux-battling it out before our very eyes. We suspended disbelief and were in that moment. My hand was touching your hand, daddeh.

But the chant was born from genuine excitement. That's why it -- and others like it -- should get an unreserved pass.

ZSJ is pretty much a lock, they just removed him from the official participants because they wanted to respect the promotion's qualifying matches.

Yeah, that's the assumption I made. Odd decision though to bother putting him in a qualifier (I assume WWE are booking those)

Kaladin

Yeah, that's the assumption I made. Odd decision though to bother putting him in a qualifier (I assume WWE are booking those)

Progress probably wanted to make a big match out of ZSJ's qualifier and it may serve as his farewell to the promotion if this is a vehicle to sign him to NXT.

miserable

friends, i had a dream last night with Scott Steiner. he was selling fruits from a fruit stand. he was wearing glasses and had an apron on. i shook his hand, he smiled and told me to buy some fruit or gtfo. his fruit wasn't that great but i was afraid to refuse him. in the end i bought some grapes and left

Takeover was unbelievable but I have zero motivation to watch a bunch of filler Axxess NXT shows.

Reminds me of when I was 13 and watched Naruto. Or something like that.

Hmmm, when you put it like that reaching a Takeover is like the payoff point where a never ending shonen anime would actually break out the fancy animation for a big ruck after spending two months treading water.

Progress probably wanted to make a big match out of ZSJ's qualifier and it may serve as his farewell to the promotion if this is a vehicle to sign him to NXT.

Maybe? He's still supposed to be facing Ciampa at their big show in September. I agree it makes a bigger impact though.

Zach

friends, i had a dream last night with Scott Steiner. he was selling fruits from a fruit stand. he was wearing glasses and had an apron on. i shook his hand, he smiled and told me to buy some fruit or gtfo. his fruit wasn't that great but i was afraid to refuse him. in the end i bought some grapes and left

Do you eat grapes often?

Top Bottom