• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

Menome

I just read Bray was injured.

And then I watched the video of the injury.

The same exact way Harper got injured.

Also against Reigns.

So unsafe.

Roman shooting on the Wyatts for being more over than him this week on RAW.

And every week beforehand.

friends, i had a dream last night with Scott Steiner. he was selling fruits from a fruit stand. he was wearing glasses and had an apron on. i shook his hand, he smiled and told me to buy some fruit or gtfo. his fruit wasn't that great but i was afraid to refuse him. in the end i bought some grapes and left

A wise choice, the grapes that is, can't go wrong with some tasty grapes.

Twist is there's roids in his fruit.

jmdajr

VIVALtf.png

Understandable

We've still got Rev Pro to announce a match, so we're then up to

- Rich Swann
- Johnny Gargano
- Tommaso Ciampa
- Noam Dar
- Akira Tozawa
- Ho Ho Lun
- Lince Dorado
- Zack Sabre Jr or Flash Morgan Webster lol
- Pete Dunne or Jack Gallagher
- Drew Gulak or Tracy Williams
- Fred Yehi or TJ Perkins
- Rev Pro qualifier
- Almost certainly Kota Ibushi

Gives us 12 for certain, 13 with Ibushi. The tournament is set for thirty two fucking people, who else is getting a spot?

I just read Bray was injured.

And then I watched the video of the injury.

The same exact way Harper got injured.

Also against Reigns.

So unsafe.

They're so stunned by the beauty and amazingness of Roman the King Who Reigns that their quads and/or ACLs shatter with one step toward him

They're the Anti-Nash, essentially

Kornflayx

You know what gives me goosebumps every time? Mankind morphing into Cactus Jack to face HHH at the Rumble 2000. The change of tone in his voice, HHH's scared face, the Chicago crowd and his immediate change of brutality in his wrestling style.

"You look into my eyes and realize, I'm gonna tear you apart in New York City"

So good

tJJPJmi.gif

Zach

You know what gives me goosebumps every time? Mankind morphing into Cactus Jack to face HHH at the Rumble 2000. The change of tone in his voice, HHH's scared face, the Chicago crowd and his immediate change of brutality in his wrestling style.

"You look into my eyes and realize, I'm gonna tear you apart in New York City"

So good

tJJPJmi.gif

That looks great. Because of Mick Foley. Triple H adds nothing. Nothing!

Kaladin

I'm not a fan. Look at that hair.

I wish it was simply ignorance. Unfortunately I've seen plenty of the guy. And he's consistently the definition of mediocrity.

I'll admit, Lord H isn't in my fave five, but he makes the Big 10 easily.

Lord H has done a lot of good shit over the years friend, and killing Mick Foley is one of the highlights.

Zach

you'll change your tune when you review royal rumble 2000 mother fucker, friend.

We'll see! I don't mind changing my mind. But as it stands, I've seen way too much of Triple H for the entertainment value he offers. If I saw him as much as, oh, Alex Wright, I'd probably like him more.

(Maybe as much as Alex Wright.)

Oh Zachary, I think I need to beat some sense into your head

FMYxIZl.gif

Seems strangely erotic.

I really hope Pete gets in over Jack, you've already got Zack Sabre for "Technical Brit", and Pete is doing really well lately.

Agreed, Pete definitely deserves recognition for the year he's having, however I would kinda like to see Jack win just so it could lead to ZSJ vs Gallagher - they're both technical wizards, but Zack's more about the holds and Jack's more about the escapes. Pretty sure it'd be an amazing match, which I why I was surprised to find that it's only happened once in 2011 on a show that never made DVD.

Someone book that shit already!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Austin Aries is everything bad about indie wrestling since 2004. It is mind blowing that the WWE wants him on their roster.

Especially with his toxic behavior.

UberTag

We'll see! I don't mind changing my mind. But as it stands, I've seen way too much of Triple H for the entertainment value he offers. If I saw him as much as, oh, Alex Wright, I'd probably like him more.
I'm the last person here you would ever call a Triple H fan but I will happily go on record that Royal Rumble 2000 match vs. Cactus Jack was something special. I think it might be my favorite street fight stip match of all-time. Makes Brock vs. Ambrose at Mania look like the pile of puke that it was.

So guys I've been away for a bit because I've been burned out on wrestling but goddammit I miss this community.

Any good matches lately?

NXT Dallas was fun. The past two RAWs - anything involving AJ Styles, KO, Sami Zayn, or Cesaro.

But most of all, Miz's Hollywood gimmick is finally getting the push it deserves.

Strax

"Fox finishes fourth on ABC-claimed Thursday

Fox’s “American Grit” had no teeth on Thursday, when the military style competition series quietly premiered. Its home broadcast network finished fourth among the Big 4 channels.
The Shondaland-packed ABC won the night with a strong two-hour “Grey’s Anatomy” and weak “The Catch.” The competition wasn’t close in the key 18-49 demographic, but the race was tighter among total viewers."

LINK

Zach

Austin Aries is everything bad about indie wrestling since 2004. It is mind blowing that the WWE wants him on their roster.

Especially with his toxic behavior.

Go on.

I'm the last person here you would ever call a Triple H fan but I will happily go on record that Royal Rumble 2000 match vs. Cactus Jack was something special. I think it might be my favorite street fight stip match of all-time. Makes Brock vs. Ambrose at Mania look like the pile of puke that it was.

I look forward to it. Someone tell WWE to finish uploading Nitros on the Network.

So guys I've been away for a bit because I've been burned out on wrestling but goddammit I miss this community.

Any good matches lately?

Watch NXT Dallas. Especially Nakamura/Zayn.

But is it worth going all in on being anti-chant?

Chants can be a lot of fun. Like that wonderful "FIGHT FOREVER" chant that I took part in. It felt right. Everyone was having a great time because of these two dudes faux-battling it out before our very eyes. We suspended disbelief and were in that moment. My hand was touching your hand, daddeh.

But the chant was born from genuine excitement. That's why it -- and others like it -- should get an unreserved pass.

That's different than what was going on the following Monday on RAW which was people chanting just to fucking chant. We don't need a WHAT chant every promo or a HOLY SHIT or THIS IS AWESOME 3x a night. Save that for moments that actually matter. It's worse now, but this was also going on during the ECW run in the 00s. People chanting ECW after every table or chair shot. At some point the thing you chant multiple times a night loses value.

Watch NXT Dallas. Especially Nakamura/Zayn.

The tag match from this was one of the best tag matches I've seen in some time. Just so much classic tag elements going on. I think this match is flying under the radar as people were so hyped on Nakamura/Zayn and Bayley/Asuka

Top Bottom