• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

so this happened:

CgIJmWQWEAA14h8.jpg
Two random people fought in a bingo hall?
One is a beloved NXT star and the other is Apollo Crews, the love child of Ahmed Johnson and Bobby Lashley.
You mean the love child of Neville and Lashley

Now Mr. Fantastic are you ready for......

c5.gif

Any guesses how beat up Joe is from his indy days? What about Asuka? I assume Nak will be dust in a year and a half. Hope they get main roster pay before that.

In Martin, he's fighting Thomas Hearnes and Martin had his leg as if it were an Ankle lock. They mentioned his actions resembled Antonio Inoki more than boxing moves lol.

Any guesses how beat up Joe is from his indy days? What about Asuka? I assume Nak will be dust in a year and a half. Hope they get main roster pay before that.

Asuka's probably got a while around, Joe I could see doing a few more years. Anybody thinking Shinsuke's still around in 2019/20 is just as crazy (*ahem* sorry, I think the ISEC-friendly term is "optimistic") as they were when Bryan first vacated a belt and they swore it was nothing, just a setback in a career that would continue to be lengthy

For reference, the month Shinsuke just spent off, getting ready for this, was the first time he's had a month off since 2009, and he's already working a tougher schedule than he has since 2012 in terms of matches per week. Plus the whole "has had a fucked-up back since 2013" part. Just saying this is going to take a lot more than one month and Bryan's magic pixie dust and shaman doctors to fix

Kuroyume

Banned
How long are they planning to keep Nakamura down? Just doesn't look right seeing him fight on front of 50 people. Feels like he's being wasted. And Joe has to move up already too. Although, even with the injuries the main roster is stacked with good solo wrestlers at this point.

So in other words Tom, Nakamura isn't.... Ready..... For.......... The....

sable-grind-stephanie-o.gif

giphy.gif

booooooo

I just think that, when you bring in guys who are already carrying a bunch of baggage (Styles and Nakamura), and at a time when you're already getting a lot of injuries as is, maybeeeeee ease up on those two specifically at least. Styles has already had an injury scare and has barely been there for 3 full months, and Nakamura's already had like 10 matches and hasn't even been there 1 full month. Either ease up, or don't act shocked when you suddenly don't have those two anymore come 2018 or '19.

booooooo

I just think that, when you bring in guys who are already carrying a bunch of baggage (Styles and Nakamura), and at a time when you're already getting a lot of injuries as is, maybeeeeee ease up on those two specifically at least. Styles has already had an injury scare and has barely been there for 3 full months, and Nakamura's already had like 10 matches and hasn't even been there 1 full month. Either ease up, or don't act shocked when you suddenly don't have those two anymore come 2018 or '19.
I'm wondering if they're trying to get Nakamura up to speed with their style and that's why he's had so many matches already(even though he looked great against Generico) . Crazy thing is, people are buying those nxt tickets just to see him now. Crazy how it is. But Vince doesn't care about preserving his talent, they are money makers.

Speaking of Bryan, I assume they're sending the roster to take the same test he did in New York, right?
If they see signs more than likely but I wouldn't be surprised if they start doing scans more often with the death if that mma guy.

I should probably go get my central processing unit scanned to make sure I don't need an upgrade. And make sure my circuits aren't loose. It's never bad to be on the safe side guys. Sadly pro wrestlers will be wearing this in the future

farooqasad.jpg

It's going to be mighty interesting to see if that ever comes back around.

Hopefully we never get a case as extreme as Bryan's again where even friends are saying "you have to get this, we really don't think you're as alright as you say"

I want to see people care about their bodies and get the tests, and I could absolutely see it happening more in MMA or even football, but WWE...Vince and HHH, aren't going to recommend everyone get the test, because in even the best case, a still-significant portion will not like, or be able to (physically or emotionally) continue doing what they love because of, what they hear.

3 hour Raws and PPVs already need hella padding as is, the next logical step at that point would be HHH going back to minimum 20 minute promos

So, I wonder will they show a graphic for Balls on Monday. I mean he was one of the most active originals on WWECW. Did they mention it on the site?

JC: I couldn’t warm up to The Young Bucks if we were cremated together. Let me say this, I like those young gentleman. They are very young kids and one of these days they’ll learn. They’ll learn that when people try to help them by giving them some suggestions like if you super kick somebody in the face forty-seven times and you don’t beat them that means you are weaker than cat’s piss. That means you could not have the strength to pull a greasy string out of that cat’s ass. Basically, they’re going for entertainment. I don’t want to entertain people… I want to make them mad. I want to start a riot. I want to get somebody to try and shove a knife in my gut. Then they’re going to pay to come see me again next time. If I’m a child and I weight a hundred and seventy pounds and I kick somebody in the face eighty-two times and they don’t even go down, much less get beat, that means that basically I am pretty much the sh*ts. So, you can either use it as a finish boys or you can super kick eight-year-old kids on the playground but I like when people take my profession seriously any try to further it instead of make it silly for eight-year-old kid’s birthdays.
This also goes for you Ziggler, Usos, and KO.

Alberto probably has the best super kick in the wwe. At least he's won with his.

klonere

Banned
It must really fucking rankle Jim that the Young Bucks are a) over like rover in Japan and b) are actually a draw on the indies, the world over.

The list of things that annoy Cornette in wrestling is larger than the list of things that don't. Sucks to be him.

klonere

Banned
btw has no one pointed this out yet? These are all the promotions involved in the GCS right now

Evolve
Progress
Revolution
(Pro)

424%20-%20Raw%20animated_macro%20gif%20r-truth%20the_miz%20wwe.gif

Daaaaaamn, the WWE Japan shows sold out in five minutes - that Shinsuke, Styles, Asuka combo. To put that into perspective, in previous years WWE have been handing out free tickets like candy and still couldn't get the building full, now they're selling out in five minutes.

Jashobeam

Daaaaaamn, the WWE Japan shows sold out in five minutes - that Shinsuke, Styles, Asuka combo. To put that into perspective, in previous years WWE have been handing out free tickets like candy and still couldn't get the building full, now they're selling out in five minutes.

nice, hopefully we get a WWE Network special out of this like Beast in the East.

klonere

Banned
I kinda want Rampage to win the SSS16 and become first 2x PROGRESS champ. Mainly because he powerbombs fools really hard, but also because of his shouty theme song.

"NOW IS THE TIME FOR ME TO RISE TO MY FEET..."

WIPE THE SWEAT FROM MY FACE, THE TEARS FROM MY EYES

Def my favorite entrance in indie wrestling right now. I'd back Rampage as champ, I think he represents what I love about PROGRESS very well.

you're both wrong
6dm7EXO.gif

End would be cool as well as the most frequent non-British wrestler on the shows (probably) and would be the first non-Brit champ right?
yeah yeah El Ligero whatever

Still it'd be in order of preference for me
1. Haskins
2. Rampage
3. End

WIPE THE SWEAT FROM MY FACE, THE TEARS FROM MY EYES

Def my favorite entrance in indie wrestling right now. I'd back Rampage as champ, I think he represents what I love about PROGRESS very well.

End would be cool as well as the most frequent non-British wrestler on the shows (probably) and would be the first non-Brit champ right?
yeah yeah El Ligero whatever

Still it'd be in order of preference for me
1. Haskins
2. Rampage
3. End
End is top of the list for me, though I could go for another Rampage run on top.

this is progressgaf now

RBH

Mick Foley’s son Mickey recently implied during a live stream that Triple H doesn’t like his father. The WWE Hall of Famer posted a message on Facebook to clarify what his son said.

He wrote:

“THIS MAN DOES NOT HATE ME

Despite what you may have heard, I really don’t believe Triple H dislikes me, as my son Mickey kind of implied on his live stream, from which point the story took on a life of its own. Keep in mind, that my son Mickey is on the autism spectrum and while he is a bright and beautiful child, he doesn’t always speak with the same type of filter that most of us naturally have – and as a result, he is much more likely to say exactly what comes into his mind.

Sure, it created something of an awkward position for me – but nothing that is said or done will ever take away from the bond triple H and I share; the bond of great matches as we were moving up in 1997 and 1998, and when we were on top of the card, on top of the cell – and figuratively, on of the world in 2000. Rumors will come and go. But memories like the ones triple H and I created will last a lifetime.
http://411mania.com/wrestling/wwe-n...m-new-edge-and-christian-show-on-monday-more/

bjork

So Mick got pissed at a Cane Dewey sign, but his other kid says something on a steam and he goes "lols autism"

Nice, Mick.

mouserat

Neo Member
Man reading that Bray Wyatt story from JTG makes me even more sorry for him if his injury takes him out for a good amount of time.

https://twitter.com/DeathToAllMarks/status/721105801671262209
I'd like this story a whole lot more if it wasn't written in the absolute worst way possible. Either JTG wrote his book himself, or he hired a sassy 12 year old girl as a ghostwriter but she was too busy bejazzling her phone case to do it properly.
I'm wondering if they're trying to get Nakamura up to speed with their style and that's why he's had so many matches already(even though he looked great against Generico) . Crazy thing is, people are buying those nxt tickets just to see him now. Crazy how it is. But Vince doesn't care about preserving his talent, they are money makers.
If Nakamura wasn't so insanely over he would probably be spending more time off-camera developing his style, but you're right, because he's making money he's getting jammed onto every show. it's going to be a real rude awakening for us in one or two years where all our current WWE favourites are dropping like flies because their beat up bodies can't keep up with the schedule. WWE need to drop their dumb neoliberal ethos; because guys who worked a slow 80s style can work into their 40s and 50s, if anyone else can't aspire do the same then it's their fault for being weak.

I predict guys like Nakamura, Zayn, Owens, Rollins, even physical freaks like Cesaro will burn out really fast, ushering in a new era of slow plodding giants working a choke in the corner for 45 minutes by 2018. New ratings boom.

Mahonay

Banned
Catching up on Smackdown. Ryder wanted an impromptu title rematch with Miz, gets squashed by Baron Corbin instead. It's over little buddy.

I should probably go get my central processing unit scanned to make sure I don't need an upgrade. And make sure my circuits aren't loose. It's never bad to be on the safe side guys. Sadly pro wrestlers will be wearing this in the future

And to think, people got mad at D-Lo for keeping the vest. For shame

Top Bottom