• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

They're fucking trash. They are exactly where they should be, whackest team on the roster.

Nonsense. They are born and bread to rip and shred.

What happened with them and Stardust? That would've been a dope trio. Like seriously, why are they so hated by management? They should not be jobbing to the fucking lucha dragons.

DMczaf

Dear lord these people are racist. Tiger ali asks the crowd maybe he should be driving a taxi cab and they cheer then he asks mayve you think I should work in a 711 and they cheer. Then he says maybe he should talks like Apu from The Simpsons and they cheer.

That's really foul.

You're racist for not doing anything about it

Does this look like garbage to you?

latest

No. It's the look of a throwback tag team that can wreak havoc in a division that is built mostly of scrubs.

Remember their main roster vignettes? Greatness.

Hex

Banned
It baffles me that The Ascension aren't the dominant heel tag team. They must have really done something fucked up to get buried like they did.

I think they went off the page with their early promos throwing so called legends under the bus to build themselves.
Probably rubbed someone the wrong way.
They probably did not accept their in the corner time quietly enough.

Fox318

And yet it made more money than any event in WWE history.
Says a lot about the value fans put on the quality of the product these days and holding the WWE accountable with their wallets, doesn't it?
Big events are going to draw no matter what but the rate at which they draw and the viewers that will follow on Monday change based on if creative is good,

I dont like the The Ascension but they totally didnt get a fair shake on the main roster.

The whole knock off Road Worrior gimmick is as old as the Road Worriers themselves. Its basically the number 2 default present for CAW tag teams right behind "they are brothers". I dont think it was reason for the burial

They could have been a great mid tier tag team. Basically tag team enhancement talent.

That's adorable. :D

And what's with all of this Ascension talk? I like their mudflaps at least. >_>

Konnor copped a 60 day suspension for failing a drug test (along with Adam Rose).

As if they weren't done already.

Maybe Viktor will join the Social Outcasts.

Does this look like garbage to you?

latest

No. It's the look of a throwback tag team that can wreak havoc in a division that is built mostly of scrubs.

Remember their main roster vignettes? Greatness.

Yes, it does look like garbage.

It worked for the Road Warriors/LOD because they looked and sounded badass.

The Ascension looks like Halloween costume shop catalog stock photography.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Everyone knows Social Outcasts do drugs; its a work brothers

Has the countdown to Austin Aries's "future endeavor" started? Can we take bets on who gets cut first: Adam Rose, the Ascension who got popped, or Aries?

These geeks whining to Meltzer about Lucha Underground spoilers are just precious.

Has the countdown to Austin Aries's "future endeavor" started? Can we take bets on who gets cut first: Adam Rose, the Ascension who got popped, or Aries?
Why would he get canned? Because of his attitude? Well he's in a better environment and he was probably frustrated being in dead end shit hole places when he needed more.

Teddy Hart is a guy where you make that bet.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
He's not doing anything on Twitter of relevance as far as I can tell

klonere

Banned
I know we've had this conversation before but the original incarnation of The Ascension was far superior to a washed up version of the already washed up LOD2000.

These geeks whining to Meltzer about Lucha Underground spoilers are just precious.

Remember Joe's initial NXT run? It was the fucking pits. Caught in that really awkward period where KO rocket blasted to the main roster leaving at least two huge programs hanging in NXT, one them being Joe. Then the build up to the Corbin match was pretty uninspiring.

Now you guys have been talking down Aries a lot, with some good reason but hey, maybe he he's a slow burn. Or he could just be Apollo Crews except not outrageously jacked and therefore will be cut instead of called up.

Menome

I would have thought that so long as he doesn't pull a Hogan on Twitter, Aries would be too big to let go?

He's a fairly big name, thus he's a draw for ticket-sales and it's not like WWE don't have a history of keeping guys on for their prestige as opposed to their in-ring performance.

Top Bottom