• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The difference between Joe and Aries is that Aries ain't ever been shit. And his midget status is only highlighted in the WWE.

I would have thought that so long as he doesn't pull a Hogan on Twitter, Aries would be too big to let go?

He's a fairly big name, thus he's a draw for ticket-sales and it's not like WWE don't have a history of keeping guys on for their prestige as opposed to their in-ring performance.

He's really not, though.

Need your help guys!!

There is a Gif of Steve Austin I see on here where he's walking to the ring talking to the camera like the greatest OG of all time, with charisma up the butt.

Year?
POV?

Heel

I would have thought that so long as he doesn't pull a Hogan on Twitter, Aries would be too big to let go?

He's a fairly big name, thus he's a draw for ticket-sales

giphy.gif

RBH

He's a fairly big name, thus he's a draw for ticket-sales and it's not like WWE don't have a history of keeping guys on for their prestige as opposed to their in-ring performance.

c1DCSzp.gif

I still know next to nothing about wrestling outside of WWE after my first year of viewership, but even I'd heard of Aries before NXT signed him. That implied to me that he must be a reasonably big name.

Fair enough.

He was really big in ROH (and even in TNA) a decade ago. His popularity went down noticeably when he bailed EVOLVE and Dragon Gate to go back to TNA, do nothing, and get a joke world title reign that was quickly overshadowed by the Aces & Eights' arrival. He has not been big or even really well-liked for the last few years and it's pretty clear his best days are well behind him. Basically another case of TNA ruining someone's prime, but in the case of this asshole it can't really be said that's a bad thing for fans of the product. Him going to NXT was significant mostly because it was another name abandoning the TNA ship.

Heel

What's the big deal with Austin Aries on Twitter, anyway? All I see is him working up marks. Catching the deavors for that?

Heel

I still know next to nothing about wrestling outside of WWE after my first year of viewership, but even I'd heard of Aries before NXT signed him. That implied to me that he must be a reasonably big name.

Same here, Menome, and I think that's a healthy view. No one on the indies has stroke like that. The people who think Aries is "big" probably think The Young Bucks are "big" headlining middle school gymnasiums.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Nobody would give a shit about Austin Aries is he debuted now rather than 10 years ago. The only reason people did was because he was the most 'CAW with all finishers as basic moves, never selling long term or telling anything in a match except for big spot after big spot'

I mean his finisher was a 450 set up by a brainbuster ffs. Now every indie wrestler does that kind of shit.

Big dave on The Shield in 2014
Q: When you left WWE, the Shield broke up – what did you think about that and their individual efforts?

Ans: It’s similar to my take on the Undertaker. I guess there comes a point where you have to send them their separate ways but – and it’s just my opinion – I don’t think they were ready. I don’t think they’re ready to fly solo. I realise where they’re going and that WWE will push Roman Reigns straight to the top. However for me, Dean Ambrose is by far the most talented in that group and I think eventually if they just give him the spotlight then he’s going to shine. As soon as he touches a mic everyone else can just sit down as he’s magic on it. So It remains to be seen, I think they’re all talented but to me Dean was the star of that group. I think Roman looks like the star of that group but I don’t think he’s nearly as talented as Dean.

Where are you, Professor Beef, you coward?!
I was eating lunch.
Fave Five bands?
I don't know off the top of my head. Just looking at my Last.FM scrobbles though, the only actual bands that have come up are

- Linkin Park
- Paramore
- System of a Down
- Gorillaz
- Lonely Island

(these were spread out among a list of 25+ btw)

I honestly don't listen to a lot of bands nowadays, so I couldn't give you an actual Fave Five. All I know is that Nirvana fucking blows.

Luschient

Mowed the yard, got into a few beers, then decided I was going to finally watch the Edge and Christian Show...only to realize that I hate-cancelled my Network sub after WM.

Sitting here weighing the pros and cons of resubscribing.

Zach

Mowed the yard, got into a few beers, then decided I was going to finally watch the Edge and Christian Show...only to realize that I hate-cancelled my Network sub after WM.

Sitting here weighing the pros and cons of resubscribing.

You're even funnier than Professor Beef.

(Don't do it.)

(Totally do it.)

Barrage

How are they fucking up Corbin's entrance now that he's main roster? That was the first thing they got right in NXT!

Watching Smackdown..Renallo really does need to be on RAW.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Its funny, Zach and I agree for the most part on all these ppvs except my grades are a lot higher.

D+ is about what I'd give Fall Brawl 1998 though, that show ruined War Games forever.

Verendus

Banned
Big dave on The Shield in 2014
If WWE had any brain cells, they would've capitalized on all that hate Brotista was getting and handed him the championship as soon as Bryan was injured. That was a top star making story waiting to happen. Whoever took it from him after a good reign would've had the fans adoration. Biggest missed opportunity I've seen in recent times. You need a big bad guy, and I can't remember the last time WWE had one. Probably the company itself in the last five years, and that's kind of ridiculous when you think about it.

Zach

Unsolicited:

1. Nine Inch Nails
2. Radiohead
3. A Perfect Circle
4. David Bowie
5. Deadmau5

Not bad, friend. I've been known to listen to all of those bands.

Its funny, Zach and I agree for the most part on all these ppvs except my grades are a lot higher.

D+ is about what I'd give Fall Brawl 1998 though, that show ruined War Games forever.

I'm a critical bastard.

TcNzHgG.gif

i'll fight you beef

they're so good they made me want to learn how to play the guitar

now I can play come as you are AND smells like teen spirit

feels good man

Good work!

Top Bottom