• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

KingBroly

Banned
I see everyone in the Social Outcasts except for Heath Slater being cut.

Can't see them cutting Bo because of Bray.

Cut Kane, Big Slow, Sandow, Ryder, the Ascension, Henning and Truth

Bring up Joe, Balor, Nakamura, American Alpha, along with Anderson/Gallows and you've got some great stuff on the roster for the next two years, just with the men.

These people need to go

Main Roster
-The Mongoose
-Fandango
-Byron Saxton
-Ascension
-Daren Young
-Sandow
-Swagger
-Bo Dallas
-Ziggler
-Primo
-Epico
-Big Show
-Rowan
-Ryback

NXT
-Alex Riley
-Mojo

People that need to go to other companies to comeback in better positions
-Barret
-Cody Rhodes
-Sin Cara / Hunico
-Titus
-Axel
-Heath Slater
-Zack Ryder

These people need to go

Main Roster
-The Mongoose
-Fandango
-Byron Saxton
-Ascension
-Daren Young
-Sandow
-Swagger
-Bo Dallas
-Ziggler
-Primo
-Epico
-Big Show
-Rowan
-Ryback

NXT
-Alex Riley
-Mojo

People that need to go to other companies to comeback in better positions
-Barret
-Cody Rhodes
-Sin Cara / Hunico
-Titus
-Axel
-Heath Slater
-Zack Ryder
Replace BO with Kane.

Who's character ticks did you like the most? Such as hogan doing that arm and back stretch or flair patting down his arms?

I loved Malenko tightening his wrist tape while walking to the ring

e5HzdAh.gif

BRB, watching Mania 5 again

Why do people dislike Adam Rose so much? I don't get it

i dunno. i think his character in social outcasts is hysterical. that promo they cut on the wyatt family is one of the best of the year easily. especially when he was like "I see trolls, I see a big stinky ogre" with that absurd voice of his. classic.

Strax

I don't understand what the SO are. With that name they should unhappy and bitter about where they are in the WWE. Each of them should have a personal vendetta against the first guy they lost to in a singles match in the WWE or their biggest loss (like for a title), thats still on the roster,

Anth0ny, you need to put your parents through tables for trying to make you not watch wrestling.

VinMahon shooting on Vader and mankind

WWFLive2: Speaking of minds, what about that retarded Mankind?
How gullible is that guy anyhow, you want to talk messed up? I liked him better as Dude. At least Dude would shower regularly. Have you guys every smelled that stinky leather mask that Mankind wears. If you're anywhere in the first 10 rows, you have. It wasn't your neighbor flatulating next to you, it was Mankind's mask, Or, was it the aftermath of a Vader match? Or, was it the aftermath of a Vader match?

UberTag

I don't understand what the SO are. With that name they should unhappy and bitter about where they are in the WWE. Each of them should have a personal vendetta against the first guy they lost to in a singles match in the WWE or their biggest loss (like for a title), thats still on the roster,
You're not wrong. The reality of the Social Outcasts is that they're just happy to get TV time now that they're together as a jobber faction whereas beforehand they didn't rate any TV time at all and were lost in the abyss with the Damien Sandows of the world.

klonere

Banned
According to last.fm these are my fav five artists

bvdub
Devin Townsend
Tim Hecker
Aphex Twin
Meshuggah.

Probably would give an honorary mention to Lustmord as well, seeing as all his songs are like 10+ minutes and don't rack up as many plays.

Stupid dumb idiots that are the New Day lite
white
that are useful for absolutely nothing because they take nothing seriously and can't even be good opener heels because they zero heat (see: Apollo Crews squashing them to no care ever).

Every single one of them should be fired except Slater probably.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The social outcasts are supposed to be the New Day except bad at wrestling.

Maybe Adam Rose will come back as the evil poacher again.

Strax

I legit want SO to only appear in the next 6 months to interrupt every title match and not say anything because they are bitter.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Is it just me or does the entirety of Ryback's body look like it's made out of baked potatoes.

Thinking of signing up to njpwworld.com

Is it any good? Main things I wasn't sure about is

-quality of the service (buffering etc)
-how much of their output goes up (is everything that's aired on tv/ppv each week there?) and how quickly (IE wwf have raw up quite late because of tv contracts, is there a similar thing here?)
-how good/complete their archive is

cheers

klonere

Banned

-how much of their output goes up (is everything that's aired on tv/ppv each week there?) and how quickly (IE wwf have raw up quite late because of tv contracts, is there a similar thing here?)

cheers

Boots will probably chime in with a more complete answer but from my perspective

- On VoDs zero buffering, great quality. Live seems to be a crapshoot, I've never had a single issue, others suffer terrible buffering.
- With very few exceptions everything goes up. Even single camera no commentary house shows will go up, with very little delay.
- The archive I'm not sure. Boots has an enormous Excel with all the best stuff from the archives that any one person would struggle to get through here

Kurita

cheers

VODs have great quality, and you can select it. Even SD looks decent. WWE Network should take notes. Boggles my mind that you can't choose the quality you want.

Kaladin

Huh, just discovered that New Japan World does not support Chrome OS devices, even though it is essentially a Chrome browser and they support Chrome on PC.

cheers

The video player isn't the best, but the stream quality is good and there's rarely buffering issues with VOD or live broadcast. The service is in partnership with TV Asahi, so all the shows live on there are also live on NJPW World - other shows air on SamuraiTV, these are also presented live on NJPW World but without commentary. Sometimes (usually during tournaments) a smaller show won't be broadcast live, but will be up for VOD within 12-24 hours - the VOD of live broadcasts is usually up within an hour of the show ending.

The archive is a mixed bag - there's a lot of content, but the further back you go the less complete shows you find. There's over 600 matches from previous decades and almost 2000 from the past six years - I made a spreadsheet with recommended matches;

http://tinyurl.com/NJPW-WORLD

Great stuff, thanks.

I notice that list has some Thesz matches, which was going to be what I searched for from the archives first.

Will go sign up now.

bjork

So I'm at LAX to pick up some people, but I got here two hours early. Currently standing on top of a parking structure, watching the sun come up and waiting to see planes.

bjork

I forgot that I'm at the incoming flights part, so when the planes take off, they're super far and I don't see well. Boo.

RBH

During a recent interview with Dubai radio personality Myles, Ryback discussed his frustration with WWE. Check out some highlights below:

On His Frustrations: “I’ve heard in this business hard work doesn’t always pay off. So maybe The Big Guy has to go find another world where that does pay off. But you work really, really hard at something and you dedicate yourself, and you sometimes have to be told you’re somewhere else. That’s a tough pill to swallow time and time again but I’ve never stopped believing in myself and I never will. Next year should undoubtedly be a big year for The Big Guy.”

Was He Happy Being on The WrestleMania 32 Pre-Show?: ”To be quite honest, absolutely not. The last 3 WrestleManias have not been great. I’m not going to go into a lot of detail on that but it would’ve been nice to have been on the show where both of us belong. The US Title definitely belongs on there. Hopefully next year, if there is a next year, that it will be a better experience.”

On Wanting Back in The Main Event Scene: “Absolutely. And that is what each and every day I go out there and prove my worth and that I am a one in a lifetime WWE Superstar. I am The Big Guy, the best big guy in the world and there is nobody like me. But I will continue to plug away and be the best version of me each and every day and hopefully at the end of the night, I’m where I belong."
DJhQbaC.gif

Hey Ryback, you're on the pre-show because you're an average-at-best worker with zero charisma that looks like the store-brand version of Goldberg.

*Compare ingredients to actual Goldberg!*

UberTag

Stupid dumb idiots that are the New Day lite
white
that are useful for absolutely nothing because they take nothing seriously and can't even be good opener heels because they zero heat (see: Apollo Crews squashing them to no care ever).

Every single one of them should be fired except Slater probably.
I don't disagree with this oddly enough. Slater's lot in life is jobbing but at least he makes the opponents he faces look like a million bucks which is what a good jobber is supposed to do. I really can't say the same about Bo, Mongoose or Hennig Jr.

Don't trust a guy who thinks Crews has charisma
Crews the type of guy to get the mic, smile for 3 secs, and starts off screaming "What's up *insert city here*" and then say alright alright and smile for 4 more seconds and then

You see, I bored even thinking about him on the microphone.

klonere

Banned
I don't disagree with this oddly enough. Slater's lot in life is jobbing but at least he makes the opponents he faces look like a million bucks which is what a good jobber is supposed to do. I really can't say the same about Bo, Mongoose or Hennig Jr.

Slater has enough charisma to be watchable, the right personality to fit the role and is solid enough in the ring to make anyone look good but doesn't have enough of those three elements to overshadow anyone he's put against. He's the perfect modern jobber.

The fact that STARDOM has a site better built for English users than NJPW still astounds me.

NJPW should be giving Boots a stipend or something for the work he does educating English speaking people on NJPW World.

Don't trust a guy who thinks Crews has charisma

Well he does, he just never had time to develop a way of channeling it in a compelling manner.

But HE'S SO BIG so he gets called up. Instead he is in need of a slow burn run in NXT to find himself.

The best thing that can happen to him is he gets put back in NXT. Only to be brought back with Teddy long as his manager. Crews should be a guy that's tough and intense. He has to stop smiling. He needs to come out like this and he'll be over with the crowd

Saba_Simba_-_Anthony_White_01.jpg

Top Bottom