• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

Good Guy Okada

CgVc-OQWIAA7wRx.jpg

Buying TNA will not make you money.

Yep. This is purely two racists rewarding the company, the only company, that would hire them

The fact they can afford it hopefully finally has some of you believing how fucked TNA really is. The only stipulation ever was keep Dixie and give her majority stock.

If we had no heart or conscience, we could have pooled together, bought TNA and made Blue champ

Yep. This is purely two racists rewarding the company, the only company, that would hire them

The fact they can afford it hopefully finally has some of you believing how fucked TNA really is. The only stipulation ever was keep Dixie and give her majority stock.

If we had no heart or conscience, we could have pooled together, bought TNA and made Blue champ
Make me champ? Dear God, I don't even know if I'd want to be apart of that company. That's like a shit stain on your life.

Kaladin

Knowing nothing about these guys outside of their Wikipedia entry, I think the Harris Brothers are more interested in being involved in the world of wrestling than making money off it.

Kaladin

I am hyped to see Nakamura live.

I wish I could have got tickets for the Takeover to get a guaranteed big match from him, but I'll be happy to see him wrestle in any capacity.

MG310

Last time the Harris Brothers were mentioned with TNA...from June of last year. I imagine running their payroll gives you a good idea of how fucked they are and how much they are worth.

A seemingly good week wasn't all sunshine and rainbows for TNA Wrestling apparently, as The Sporting News is reporting that the company is behind on production payments yet again.

During a production meeting on Thurdsay, Ron and Don Harris passed down information that checks for the company's May tapings wouldn't be out until at least July 25. The Harris Twins recently returned to the company and were put in charge of the TNA production team.

The Sporting News says that The Harris Twins said "If you're not happy, just shake our hands and walk away." After a period without payment last year, several production team members refused to work until they were paid.

"I don't blame (the Harris Twins). They're back after 10 years and don't know what's going on," one long-time production employee told the site. Another said "It's the same old TNA bullsh-t."

The standard in the industry is to pay freelance production workers within 30 days of service. This is at least the third time in the past year it's happened with TNA.

Kaladin

Which is a more awkward time for Nation of Domination?

Biker gangs and Puerto Rican gangs being off shoots from the black supremacy group

or

Gang warfare with DX and The Hart Foundation

So anyway, I watched a few NJPW things last night.

First I watched a couple of old matches

-Inoki/Sakaguchi vs Thesz/Gotch
Great to see some seventies Thesz - after he'd kind of adapted to the newer style but was still in good shape. Much faster then the stuff he did in his heyday.

-Inoki vs Andre
Watched this just because I wanted to see what they did with the finish, since I know Inoki only brought in people to lose to him and there was no way in hell Vince Sr would let Andre lose. Great to see Andre when he was young and could move around easier. My memories of him are his mid to late eighties stuff where he was a lot more limited in what he could do. Will have to find more of his matches.

Finished up with Invasion Attack. Generally all the title matches were great, though Haku's kids kinda suck and their match was not. Are they green? That match was a bit of a mess too, randomly turned into a tornado match.
The one with the older guy who was trying to prove he could still go was great, as was the main event. Got to go back and watch some more Okada stuff, he's great, reminds of Buddy Rogers a bit. Naito was great too.

Generally all the title matches were great, though Haku's kids kinda suck and their match was not. Are they green? That match was a bit of a mess too, randomly turned into a tornado match.

They're both pretty experienced, Tanga Loa was in WWE for 7 years (developmental & main roster), while Tama Tonga joined the NJPW dojo 7 years ago as well - Tama's shown a lot of promise in recent years and this is his first real shot at doing anything on his own, so I'm willing to give them time. Loa doesn't strike me as much more than a serviceable tag wrestler, but I think Tonga's got potential and New Japan like to reward the talent that comes through their dojo.

klonere

Banned
So anyway, I watched a few NJPW things last night.

First I watched a couple of old matches

-Inoki/Sakaguchi vs Thesz/Gotch
Great to see some seventies Thesz - after he'd kind of adapted to the newer style but was still in good shape. Much faster then the stuff he did in his heyday.

-Inoki vs Andre
Watched this just because I wanted to see what they did with the finish, since I know Inoki only brought in people to lose to him and there was no way in hell Vince Sr would let Andre lose. Great to see Andre when he was young and could move around easier. My memories of him are his mid to late eighties stuff where he was a lot more limited in what he could do. Will have to find more of his matches.

Finished up with Invasion Attack. Generally all the title matches were great, though Haku's kids kinda suck and their match was not. Are they green? That match was a bit of a mess too, randomly turned into a tornado match.
The one with the older guy who was trying to prove he could still go was great, as was the main event. Got to go back and watch some more Okada stuff, he's great, reminds of Buddy Rogers a bit. Naito was great too.

Just on "Haku's kids", Tama the guy with the long beard, has been in NJPW for a while now and has been a member of the Bullet Club or however it currently exists. He's shown a few flashes of greatness, especially in this years New Japan Cup against Goto but has never been given a chance to really shine in any context. He's just been a utlility player till now being kind, being unkind he's a solid guy there to take a pin. The other guy, Tanga Roa or whatever (everyone just calls him Camacho which was his name in the E) has bounced around TNA/WWE and fucking sucks as far as I have seen and heard. So Tama has to carry his ass for this tag run, hard, as I think he probably had something to do with bringing Camacho in the first place.

Oh and yeah, tag matches in NJPW can turn into tornado rules occasionally. The tag divisions in NJPW have been pretty shitty for the 2 years that I have been watching, with a few exceptions.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
It could be worse: e.g. it will get completely worse arfter Payback when the Authority comes back to get the job back from Shane and we get more 10 minute Steph promos where she tries that screaming thing

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so why the fuck even have him lose to udnertaker? and if you didnt want to retire taker (why dont you want to retire taker? please retire taker) why even have the fucking match then?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Can we use our social media support to strip Roman of the title

Cagey

Banned
Shane in charge is better than the Authority in charge for my television viewing at the moment.

I'd rather take the one that does not make sense than the option that does make sense.

UberTag

What's the excuse this week? Just a nebulous "thanks to all of us", eh?

Can we use our social media support to strip Roman of the title
Nope, that would actually be a decision of consequence.

so why the fuck even have him lose to udnertaker? and if you didnt want to retire taker (why dont you want to retire taker? please retire taker) why even have the fucking match then?
Biggest Wrestlemania of all-time, dawg!

Caderfix

Shane in charge is better than the Authority in charge for my television viewing at the moment.

I'd rather take the one that does not make sense than the option that does make sense.

This is how I feel as well. I'm just glad the form is different now, even if just a little, and the last two shows were very pleasant to watch. I just hope they stay on track.

And both NXT Tapings and the NXT Takeover that went on sale 33 minutes ago are sold the fuck out.

The best way to buy tickets for Takeover is to wait until about five or six minutes after they go on sale. Once you put a ticket in your cart, you have about five minutes to checkout or you lose it and there's always a good chunk of people who don't checkout in time. It's how I managed to score a pair of second row tickets.

Angry Grimace

For obvious reasons: the crowd doesn't *actually* want to see Undertaker lose. I remember at WrestleMania 30 where the streak was broken by the guy it makes complete sense for him to put over and everyone was angry and upset.

They're both pretty experienced, Tanga Loa was in WWE for 7 years (developmental & main roster), while Tama Tonga joined the NJPW dojo 7 years ago as well - Tama's shown a lot of promise in recent years and this is his first real shot at doing anything on his own, so I'm willing to give them time. Loa doesn't strike me as much more than a serviceable tag wrestler, but I think Tonga's got potential and New Japan like to reward the talent that comes through their dojo.

Just on "Haku's kids", Tama the guy with the long beard, has been in NJPW for a while now and has been a member of the Bullet Club or however it currently exists. He's shown a few flashes of greatness, especially in this years New Japan Cup against Goto but has never been given a chance to really shine in any context. He's just been a utlility player till now being kind, being unkind he's a solid guy there to take a pin. The other guy, Tanga Roa or whatever (everyone just calls him Camacho which was his name in the E) has bounced around TNA/WWE and fucking sucks as far as I have seen and heard. So Tama has to carry his ass for this tag run, hard, as I think he probably had something to do with bringing Camacho in the first place.

Oh and yeah, tag matches in NJPW can turn into tornado rules occasionally. The tag divisions in NJPW have been pretty shitty for the 2 years that I have been watching, with a few exceptions.

I see, thanks. I'll try to find that Tama/Goto match.
Weirdly I don't remember Camacho at all even though I was watching every week back then.

For obvious reasons: the crowd doesn't *actually* want to see Undertaker lose. I remember at WrestleMania 30 where the streak was broken by the guy it makes complete sense for him to put over and everyone was angry and upset.

Well no, it would have made complete sense if Brock had beaten Cena & the HHH blowoff, but he was mostly a loser coming into the taker fight.

Kaladin

The best way to buy tickets for Takeover is to wait until about five or six minutes after they go on sale. Once you put a ticket in your cart, you have about five minutes to checkout or you lose it and there's always a good chunk of people who don't checkout in time. It's how I managed to score a pair of second row tickets.

Takeover was already sold out by the time I looked. I got two tickets for the next day tapings though.

Angry Grimace

What's the excuse this week? Just a nebulous "thanks to all of us", eh?

Nope, that would actually be a decision of consequence.

Biggest Wrestlemania of all-time, dawg!

Apparently its because Vince doesn't give a fuck about the company since he keeps saying Shane sucks and then letting him run the company

Top Bottom