• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I don't know why you guys keep saying WrestleMania was pointless:

Roman won the title and went over and now he is beloved by the fans. And he doesn't say "believe that" anymore. And now Sami Zayn says "I'm the Underdog From the Underground" a lot.

Ugh, forgot RAW was in the UK today. It sucks that it's one of only 2 RAWs that could be shown at a reasonable time here and yet we're stuck not only waiting until 1am but need to avoid spoilers as well. Don't know why Sky can't stick it on at 7.

Cagey

Banned
81a1ac2403d1.gif

Boy this and WM sure was pointless wasnt it.

Look at all those fucking people watching the moment 50 feet away from them on their fucking phones.

I hate this generation.

Ugh, forgot RAW was in the UK today. It sucks that it's one of only 2 RAWs that could be shown at a reasonable time here and yet we're stuck not only waiting until 1am but need to avoid spoilers as well. Don't know why Sky can't stick it on at 7.

They're probably scared the american rating would go into the toilet. Finishing at 10 gives ample time to encode and upload the whole thing well before it airs in the states.

rrc1594

So who you guys think is winning MiTB this year? Hopefully it's a up can coming and not another Sheamus. I think it's going to be KO or Sami.

Kane should've interfered on Shane's behalf, giving him control of RAW and setting up a double retirement match for Undertaker & Kane at next year's Mania. Buried Alive, of course. Kane wins, buries Taker and does Taker's pose over the grave. Lightning strikes the tombstone, Undertaker's hand shoots out of the grave and drags Kane down into the abyss, lightning strikes again the grave is set on fire. The end.

UberTag

Apparently its because Vince doesn't give a fuck about the company since he keeps saying Shane sucks and then letting him run the company
Identical rationale of Triple H doing everything in his power to get the belt off Roman only to then hand him unlimited title shots.

Caderfix

So who you guys think is winning MiTB this year? Hopefully it's a up can coming and not another Sheamus. I think it's going to be KO or Sami.

I hope it is KO. He would work VERY well as that heel who's just waiting for the right moment and that is a constant threat to the champion.

Anth0ny

it's gonna be KO so he can lose every single match clean for 8 months straight

then cash in and win the title

Kane should've interfered on Shane's behalf, giving him control of RAW and setting up a double retirement match for Undertaker & Kane at next year's Mania. Buried Alive, of course. Kane wins, buries Taker and does Taker's pose over the grave. Lightning strikes the tombstone, Undertaker's hand shoots out of the grave and drags Kane down into the abyss, lightning strikes again the grave is set on fire. The end.

Booking 101 right here.

Dean. Then Rollins comes back and demands title shot because he never lost it, and boom Shield Triple Threat for the title.

They're probably scared the american rating would go into the toilet. Finishing at 10 gives ample time to encode and upload the whole thing well before it airs in the states.

I guess so. Surely that went out the window with the advent of Twitter. If people really want to find out they will.

MiTB always suits a heel in my mind so KO's likely the best shout. I'd love to see Kofi get it (or any New Day member really) and I wouldn't' turn down Brock although it'd feel a little obvious.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I hope it is KO. He would work VERY well as that heel who's just waiting for the right moment and that is a constant threat to the champion.

He's the only guy that makes sense right now but I'm guessing Seth will come back and get it. The MITB thing actually had a purpose back when he had it the first time though because Lesnar was the champion and was barely ever around so it acted like the de-facto title.

Sheamus's run with it buried it a bit though. You really can't give it to someone who you don't want to see get it. Sami would be the weirdest choice ever because I almost feel like his character isn't dastardly enough to do a run in for the title on someone other than KO.

Browny

Banned
Have you been on the Old Spice again Boots?

I'd watch that.

Fox318

no kid rock or Ron Paul run in?

I guess so. Surely that went out the window with the advent of Twitter. If people really want to find out they will.

There's a difference between knowing and seeing though - I checked out uk raw spoilers fifteen years ago on the net without issue, but still stayed up and watched or recorded it. I know people bring their phones and tape matches now, but the quality is always abominable so that's not going to do any damage either. Uploading a 720p sky sports recording may do.

I don't think it'd be much, but I guess the wwf have to show usa network that they're protecting their ad revenue.

Man, that prophecy really fulfilled itself lol

UberTag

He's the only guy that makes sense right now but I'm guessing Seth will come back and get it.

The MITB thing actually had a purpose back when he had it the first time though because Lesnar was the champion and was barely ever around so it acted like the de-facto title.
The fact that "it makes sense" for Owens to win Money in the Bank is precisely the reason it won't happen.

no kid rock or Ron Paul run in?
I'd want the Pete Rose run-in to be honest. One final confrontation against Kane at Mania for posterity.

Angry Grimace

The fact that "it makes sense" for Owens to win Money in the Bank is precisely the reason it won't happen.

Well by the time MITB happens Seth, Orton and Cena will be back and that really changes the picture.

Sami Zayn would not be in the main event picture if any of those dudes were around. (I'm sure a lot of people would suggest he's not actually in that picture, but they're at least teasing him doing it and he's clearly being pushed up the card compared to basically everyone else on the roster).

Angry Grimace

I'm still surprised they let Zayn show up on the main roster with a Yakuza kick as his finisher given the set up it involves. That needs to be a move that isn't him getting his shit in because the Blue Thunder Bomb is like 10 times cooler than the kick.

Angry Grimace

Didn't Kane win it once? Or am I mistaking it for someone cashing in on him?

Yes, he won and cashed it in the same night. That was back when they had 2 titles though and one of them was still sort of treated as less good.

Top Bottom