• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

NastyBook

I hate everything about the Dean Ambrose character and move-set.
Yeah, the honeymoon's over for me, too. His feud with Seth Rollins was the character at its best. Seth being legit shook of him coming out of nowhere and kicking his ass, the MitB ooze prank, the Ice Bucket prank, all of that stuff was awesome. Now he's the annoying cousin from out of town that has clearly overstayed his welcome.

Son Of D

Ok, thanks. I imagine with the taling before you all were there for like 4 hours. That's exhausting.

Including the dark match and promo, was about 4 hours.

lol Not a single sign of Zack Ryder tonight. Back to NXT he goes.

Before Raw started they showed us the Mania recap video again, the crowd was going WOO-WOO-WOO when they showed Ryder win the IC title. Thought they'd bring him out for a good pop. Then again if Emma wasn't in London he likely stayed with her.

cant believe aj didnt wrestle

He was in the dark match. Surprised he wasn't in a televised match though. Neither him or Roman and they're the main event of Payback.

Even in FCW he looked better right?

I just remember him doing more Joker shit movements during matches. He was definitely in better shape about a year ago what the hell happened. He's currently what if Brooklyn Brawler started winning matches and put in angles, just not as technically good as Brawler. Roman Reigns drinking buddy.

DarkOxygen

Neo Member
Theres just no reason for anyone to care about Vaudevillians at this point.

They need to just beat the fuck out of New Day at Payback, get DQed and not give a shit. Show they have an edge and get New Day to get serious.

Would an alternate path of Snidley Whiplash-esque over the top olde timey villainy be acceptable? I do agree that their main drawback is they don't seem to be particularly...villainous.

orioto

Good Art™
I love how WWE is adressing a clear message.

See that 10 years in the making Zayn/Owens feud you've wanted so much, those indy guys you cheer for.. Well we have a random Ambrose/Jericho feud without any story, that debuted 2 weeks ago, and they are clearly more important. Not only they'll end RAW, but both of them will beat you in single matchs tonight, after you both lost your matches last week already.

I'm not sure i can remember a feud, going to a ppv match, were both the guy have only loses weeks before it. That's next gen bad booking.

Honestly guys, find me a feud you remember where both guys feuding have no victory in the weeks before the ppv..

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I love how WWE is adressing a clear message.

See that 10 years in the making Zayn/Owens feud you've wanted so much, those indy guys you cheer for.. Well we have a random Ambrose/Jericho feud without any story, that debuted 2 weeks ago, and they are clearly more important. Not only they'll end RAW, but both of them will beat you in single matchs tonight, after you both lost your matches last week already.

I'm not sure i can remember a feud, going to a ppv match, were both the guy have only loses weeks before it. That's next gen bad booking.
The alternate is random 6 man tags.

Neither of these guys is being booked like preshow guys. Ambrose needs a win like 10 times more than KO does and Zayn absolutely should be losing.

cant believe aj didnt wrestle

I don't see that as a bad thing. At least he was on TV for the major storyline. They don't have to wrestle all the time and who was he going to wrestle against that would've made sense? The live crowd saw him wrestle for the dark main event so there's that.

“My Oklahoma friend Toby Keith had a legit interest in buying TNA in the past and he and I discussed my potential involvement, of which I was interested working with Toby,” Ross revealed. “He was ready to write a check, but he had to have full control with no restrictions regarding creative, etc. and that was not on the table.”

Now, Ross believes that TNA is at a critical spot where certain members of management have to give up control in order for the company to stay afloat.

“Apparently a new investor or buyer is at play for the struggling company,” Ross said. “Without significant, live event revenue, and a viable, PPV component in the revenue mix it will not be surprising to hear of any pro wrestling company being in financial peril. I hope that the eventual fate of TNA is much different than those within the company and others close to the matter are saying. Nonetheless, it is somewhat obvious that the next few months are going to be crucial in determining the future of the company.”

Ross added that he thinks a complete overhaul of the company’s brand and image would be necessary to be successful in the U.S. wrestling industry.

“As I’ve said before, it may be best for the company to re-brand themselves and move on from the public perception that the brand currently has in the marketplace. New name..new philosophy..new approach to their presentation based on the talents that they have to work with on a regular basis,” Ross wrote.

http://www.pwtorch.com/site/2016/04...a-following-toby-keiths-attempted-investment/

Wait so Toby Keith wanted to buy TNA and actually revamp it from top to bottom and have JR there. Dayum!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I like JBL just shouts things that support the heels for no actual reason

Recall

So clearly Shane got injured at Mania and they changed it to Undertaker winning during the match?

Giant plot hole with these Shane in charge Raws. 50/50 booking, you lost but still seemingly won.

Hycran

Banned
So clearly Shane got injured at Mania and they changed it to Undertaker winning during the match?

Giant plot hole with these Shane in charge Raws. 50/50 booking, you lost but still seemingly won.

Undertaker was not going to job to Shane. The whole angle was a joke and if you believe that the finish was changed then you actually have common sense, something not required to understand the booking decisions of the dubdubyee. Undertaker will go out on his back either at summerslam or next years mania to probably put over some young and upcoming talent who needs the rub like Kane or the Big Show.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
Undertaker was not going to job to Shane. The whole angle was a joke and if you believe that the finish was changed then you actually have common sense, something not required to understand the booking decisions of the dubdubyee. Undertaker will go out on his back either at summerslam or next years mania to probably put over some young and upcoming talent who needs the rub like Kane or the Big Show.

they prob going to pull the trigger on cena next year for sure and have it be an official retirement match for him if he loses

miserable

005_rusevig_04_10--1f40ce998e022e48ae3f08b1491a56db.jpg

Dm this one is for you, Mr fiancée was doing my hair and she said,

"I think this would be better if it wasn't scripted. "

I'm thinking to myself, wtf are you talking about now. Then I catch onto what she's talking about abd I try my best not to laugh as I started to say," wait you mean a shoot?"

"Why do you say that. "

" Well I think it would be better if they just trained to become wrestlers get opponents then go out there and fight and they see who wins."

I'm still like what the fuck? So she says,

"Like Charlotte isn't she still in the top ranking?"

"Do you mean champion?"

"Yes, you see it would be better if it were real. People know it's fake because she's only champion due to her dad."

My mouth kinda dropped. This is someone who just started watching regularly last summer and she's caught on so fast.

haha, god damn reigns/writers couldn't even come up with that.

anyways god damn was maryse sooo fine. miz with that goober face as she introduced him on miz tv too lmao, they are fantastic together. great (married) couple of heels.

sami/jericho was great. cesaro/miz and league/new day was fun

women's match sucked ass but that's what you get when charlotte is paired with such dead weight. man the talent disparity between both teams was hilarious. natty's team was all good workers.

would have liked to see aj go heel after the bullet club attacked roman but i guess he's staying face then huh.

Top Bottom