• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

Omega rules.

I'm happy he's not in WWE yet sad he isn't... It's weird.

He believes WWE would ruin his character, plus he hated being there back in the mid-2000s. He's been more positive about it lately thanks to the due diligence they have shown his friends by not ignoring their past careers or changing their names, but I think he's still gunshy about it due to:

A. Him most certainly not being allowed to use the One-Winged Angel anymore.

B. Him likely having to erase a lot of his anime/video game influence, but if New Day can have it, why can't he?

As an outsider, why should I care about Kenny Omega? What does he bring to the table thats unique?

0kAJEiT.gif

I dunno, he's a good wrestler and fun and stuff?

sora87

Another good Raw, highlights for me included Roman getting told exactly how boring he is, Cesaro introducing New Day which was hype as fuck and Sasha Banks just being there because it's Sasha Banks.

They really need to swap Mauro and Byron though.

Hex

Banned
He believes WWE would ruin his character, plus he hated being there back in the mid-2000s. He's been more positive about it lately thanks to the due diligence they have shown his friends by not ignoring their past careers or changing their names, but I think he's still gunshy about it due to:

A. Him most certainly not being allowed to use the One-Winged Angel anymore.

B. Him likely having to erase a lot of his anime/video game influence, but if New Day can have it, why can't he?

New Day went through alot of hell.
Big E had his road, we all know what kind of long road that Kofi had.
We also can not forget about the wonder that was Xavier Woods and his run with R Truth.
It took alot for them to get where they are and reach the perfect storm situation that they are in.

kiguel182

Raw was okay. Definitely a step down from last week with more filler and less meaningful matches.

But the midcard has stories, the main event stuff seems to be leading somewhere and the tag devision is doing good with the new blood. It could be worse.

The women's devision is seeing a dip in quality too. They really need to get rid of the worst talents and bring up some NXT gals.

klonere

Banned
Sure, but at the same time I respect (if you're able) not doing a job you hate. Life's too short for that shit.

vwFz9AY.png

The first company to figure out how to do a proper modern 24/7 title with streaming at random times and shit will
have the implementation stolen by WWE
immediately get a ton of mainstream buzz.

Devastation Corp in Evolve!!!!

Based Gabe.

I guess they are saving Gargano/Galloway for the next show? It is one of those double shot weekends right?

Still haven't gotten my free WWN credits from the WM weekend iPPV fiasco. I wanna see some grimy as fuck DGUSA shows Gabe, give them to me.

klonere

Banned
As an outsider, why should I care about Kenny Omega? What does he bring to the table thats unique?

He is the Jeff Jarrett of NJPW, a comedy jobber who lucked himself into a top of the card position due to severe talent shortages in the promotion, rode Kota Ibushi's coat-talis in DDT, too goofy to take seriously, a weeb (seriously disgusting imo) and exposing the business is part of his act. Probably the most overpushed wrestler in the world right now.

:')

Hex

Banned
He is the Jeff Jarrett of NJPW, a comedy jobber who lucked himself into a top of the card position due to severe talent shortages in the promotion, rode Kota Ibushi's coat-talis in DDT, too goofy to take seriously, a weeb (seriously disgusting imo) and exposing the business is part of his act. Probably the most overpushed wrestler in the world right now.

:')

Why would you say something so horrible about someone so awesome?
Not cool....

Jesus, the Bravados again? We couldn't import some Ants from Chikara or something instead?

But good for Devastation Corporation. And Catch Point explodes with that tag title match.

Also, I'm surprised to see Lio Rush is booked on that Evolve show. I thought ROH had him locked up tight.

Fox318

Maybe Roman is afraid that somebody will try and roll him up on the steps?

Somebody might try to shoot and get those blades down for the 3 count.

Gurrry

Raw was pretty awful last night. The promos were new levels of bad. The segment between AJ and Roman was very cringey. It almost seems like Roman completely forgot what he was going to say and they just ended the segment as soon as they could.

And jfc, is he really going to say that stupid ass line about being "the guy" every time he gets in the ring?

Kaladin

And jfc, is he really going to say that stupid ass line about being "the guy" every time he gets in the ring?

They're trying their best to make the boos from the crowd make since and give him a tweener character, I think without having him go full heel.

In reality, One Vs All sounds like a heel thing. Selfish and full of bravado. Also, his line about AJ being a world class wrestler not being shit against him bringing the fight is pure heelish.

Strax

I don't know why people think Roman is a face.

He talks about being THE GUY in condescending way with a smirk, doesn't help Dean or Usos when they are in trouble, doesn't give a fuck about what anybody else and gets booed.

Fox318

I'm trying to think what would be a funnier prop to get a wrestler to take a picture with.

Undertaker with a Gi and red belt?
Seth Rollins and some of the historical artifacts from around his house and future TNA props?
Stardust with a pink slip?

If I wanted to watch the Edge & Christian show, where should I start? I hear the first few episodes were awful, but it's gotten quite a bit better since then.

klonere

Banned

He talks about being THE GUY in condescending way with a smirk, doesn't help Dean or Usos when they are in trouble, doesn't give a fuck about what anybody else and gets booed.

Wasn't Cena's MO to be more or less the same? Acknowledge that "certain" people didn't like him, be completely dismissive of his opponents (fine speech!), be a total jerk sometimes (Ryder) etc.

Roman is still discount Cena.

Gurrry

They're trying their best to make the boos from the crowd make since and give him a tweener character, I think without having him go full heel.

In reality, One Vs All sounds like a heel thing. Selfish and full of bravado. Also, his line about AJ being a world class wrestler not being shit against him bringing the fight is pure heelish.

I guess hes just gonna spam his promos like he does his moves in the ring.

Roman is the champion for people that dont watch wrestling.

Fox318

At this point Roman is a heel to the crowds and lets say most of the week to week fans but is a face with women, kids, and media members.

Keep an eye on the next few days. People have been mentioning on social media the Nazi Harris stuff to the CEOs of both Pop and Pop's owner station CBS. Not saying it's definitely resulting in TNA being kicked off their 3rd station in 3 years, but considering a similar thing did result in TV being lost (Russo was still around until that fact [him being around] was brought to Spike's attention), it's worth keeping an eye on.

Anth0ny

At this point Roman is a heel to the crowds and lets say most of the week to week fans but is a face with women, kids, and media members.

cena 2.0 in full effect

except he's not as over, doesn't sell as much merch, and isn't nearly as talented in any way

Fox318

Keep an eye on the next few days. People have been mentioning on social media the Nazi Harris stuff to the CEOs of both Pop and Pop's owner station CBS. Not saying it's definitely resulting in TNA being kicked off their 3rd station in 3 years, but considering a similar thing did result in TV being lost (Russo was still around until that fact [him being around] was brought to Spike's attention), it's worth keeping an eye on.

I still don't get why Dixie was paying Russo in secret. Why?

Shame is Spike would probably love to have a wrestling show that could lead viewers into MMA.

Its crazy to me that guys fake fighting is deemed worse to advertisers than Bellator's roid fueled senior citizens fighting dudes off the street.

TNA is such an odd story.

daemissary

If I wanted to watch the Edge & Christian show, where should I start? I hear the first few episodes were awful, but it's gotten quite a bit better since then.

Episode 3 is where I started to really buy in but they are only half hour episodes so I'd just watch em all.

UberTag

That's typical WWE face behavior.
They're ALL jerks... with the rare exception like Daniel Bryan.
The heels are the guys that put their bodies on the line for their friends and have large factions where they support one another (except when they cut the dead weight like Barrett).

Hex

Banned
I wonder how Ryback feels that they are giving Roman "The Guy" when his thing has been "The Big Guy" and he has been all intent on getting to the main event level
Who the fuck am I kidding I could not care less what weeble head Ryback feels....

Aiii

So not worth it
Didn't seem to affect the success of Mania, the Raws afterwards or the Raw last night.

Roman's a draw QED.

Even though you're joking I feel compelled to say:
1. The vast majority of Mania is sold months ahead of any match, let alone any storyline relating it is featured.
2. The Raw after did significantly worse.
3. Last night seems to be mediocrely reviewed, so what success?

BOOM! *mic drop*

You can call me THE guy.

Top Bottom