• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so no Finn Balor at Raw like the supposed spoiler said then?

bjork

Diesel talked when he lost the belt.

It's been ages since I watched anything of the era, but I seem to remember it being like "well, Diesel, Sid fucked your elbow up. How are you gonna lift him for the jackknife?" or "well, Diesel, Mabel is a billion pounds. How are you gonna beat him without the jackknife?" and he would say whatever. I don't recall a catchphrase or anything.

Also, I'm no Roman guy, but shitting on a dude for having a catchphrase is kind of silly. How many dildos loved dudes in the attitude era, even though every turd on the roster had at least one catchphrase he did every week. Or in the case of the Rock, a whole yawn-ass monologue.

klonere

Banned
so no Finn Balor at Raw like the supposed spoiler said then?

No it was just some dude on Twitter who was impersonating a known insider for attention. Oh and another guy who works for a regional newspaper in the year of our lord 2016 so his word is worth nada.

EDIT: Although the way WWE works right now makes shit impossible to predict. They had Gallows and Anderson backstage for the Raw after Mania and nothing happened. They are trying to work the journalists I guess?

It's been ages since I watched anything of the era, but I seem to remember it being like "well, Diesel, Sid fucked your elbow up. How are you gonna lift him for the jackknife?" or "well, Diesel, Mabel is a billion pounds. How are you gonna beat him without the jackknife?" and he would say whatever. I don't recall a catchphrase or anything.

Also, I'm no Roman guy, but shitting on a dude for having a catchphrase is kind of silly. How many dildos loved dudes in the attitude era, even though every turd on the roster had at least one catchphrase he did every week. Or in the case of the Rock, a whole yawn-ass monologue.

You ain't wrong about the abundance of catchphrases in wrestling. Hell now we had New Day plus Enzo & Cass running about with shticks.

Thing is that Roman doesn't have the charisma of Austin, Rock, *shudder* Road Dogg, even DX HHH to pull off any catchphrase. He's ran through 3 and a quarter catchphrases already in his career and exactly zero of them caught on.

klonere

Banned
Road Dogg didn't have charisma. It's that people were 11.

Road Dogg capture the white trash cultural zeitgeist of the late 90s perfectly, grown men seemed pretty into that whole thing. I mean the were all mentally around 11 years old that's for sure.

Kurita

RAW was decent this week.

Highlights
-> Anderson and Gallows attacking Reigns
-> Nuclear heat for Reigns
-> Zayn vs Jericho was cool
-> Maryse, good loooooord
-> Miz and Cesaro are fun together
-> Vaudevillains YES

bjork

Road Dogg capture the white trash cultural zeitgeist of the late 90s perfectly, grown men seemed pretty into that whole thing. I mean the were all mentally around 11 years old that's for sure.

Fair enough. I met enough people around then who were like "bro, Road Dogg is BAD ASS bro" to verify your statement.

bjork

Anyway all these people loved the Rock so what do they know.

I'll give someone 1999-era Rock. I didn't personally like him, but I could see why he was over. But Road Dogg being over ever is a crime against the business. Worse than arquette as champ.

Striker

Road Dogg had just enough in his cadence to make that whole schtick work. Roman sounds completely robotic in his work doing so, it doesn't come off natural. He hasn't hit Ryback stature at this point and he is a muscle head jock.

It feels there is very little to work with in terms of solid mic workers in there right now. Especially in the main event level. When Cena is your best guy for it - by far, there is an issue. Rollins, Orton, Reigns, AJ, throw in Sheamus? Even then Sheamus is miles above those guys.

klonere

Banned
Wow these new owners aren't slow on the whole rebranding thing

6tKstzi.png

klonere

Banned
What's the background on the Harris Brothers being neo-nazi's?

well there's the tattoo and matching t-shirt!

CgVTiKMWEAAIHla.jpg

and er, this which has pretty much been laid at the feet of the brothers, who have done production for TNA for a long long time.

CgVplltWEAAk_Fz.jpg
CgVpmHCWQAATd9k.jpg

they are also all born again christians.

guess who else is a born again christian.

4398341_o.gif

klonere

Banned
Speaking of people being shitty, here's this article: http://wrestlingonearth.com/wrestling-is-bullshit-trevor-lee-playing-the-homophobic-heel/

Featuring Trevor Lee calling people faggot in 2016, and AJ Styles calling bowties faggoty in 2015.

Ugh fucking Trevor Lee. Everything that is bad about indies in the year of our lord 2016.

I have some bad news

Enzo had to catch himself on the Steve Austin podcast from calling drinking Merlot, which has switched to recently, faggoty. At least that is my hottest of hot takes.

Aiii

So not worth it
Well then, that sure is something.

Way to go Dixie, managing yet another new low where nobody thought one was possible.

Come on, let's not act like there isn't value in that tape library, ESPECIALLY now they've got guys like AJ, Joe, Sting that they're looking to make money off.

orioto

Good Art™
That show i saw with Aries, Danielson, Generico and Owens in France. Owens had a "funny" joke. He was teaching Zayn to speak french and was making him say 'Je suis une pédale" (i'm a fag).

But hey i don't hate him for that it's ok! It's just casual stupidity, he was young :p

Kurita

I consider Quebecois as French when they're wrestling cause we don't have any successful French wrestlers in the US :(
La Ruffa had tryouts with WWE IIRC but it lead to nothing.

New Japan has announced that with the cancellation of Wrestling Hinokuni, two of the main event matches, Omega vs. Elgin for the IC title and Tanahashi vs. Fale, have been moved to the Road to Wrestling Dontaku show on April 27 in Fukuoka. It is not currently scheduled to be shown on NJPWworld.com, but one would assume it will be now. As for the other title matches, Shibata vs. Nagata for the NEVER title and RPG Vice vs. Ricochet/Sydal for the Jr. Tag Titles, they have been moved to Dontaku itself, making it a ten-match show.

klonere

Banned
I just caught up on that "left my job after 2 hours" thread. Makes my head hurt, dude doesn't understand the pain of being unemployed long term to just walk out of a job like that.

Of course it's probably shitthatneverhappened.txt

he was speaking to a french crowd anyway. i'm not even sure the slur is used in Quebec.

As a (former) non-native fluent speaker I learned from my mother originally (French teacher) to learning from another teacher who was from Quebec. It was like learning another language. And that godawful accent.

orioto

Good Art™
As a (former) non-native fluent speaker I learned from my mother originally (French teacher) to learning from another teacher who was from Quebec. It was like learning another language. And that godawful accent.

Well sure, i'm french and i can understand Owens english more than his french^^

I just caught up on that "left my job after 2 hours" thread. Makes my head hurt, dude doesn't understand the pain of being unemployed long term to just walk out of a job like that.

Of course it's probably shitthatneverhappened.txt
Sure, but at the same time I respect (if you're able) not doing a job you hate. Life's too short for that shit.
New Japan has announced that with the cancellation of Wrestling Hinokuni, two of the main event matches, Omega vs. Elgin for the IC title and Tanahashi vs. Fale, have been moved to the Road to Wrestling Dontaku show on April 27 in Fukuoka. It is not currently scheduled to be shown on NJPWworld.com, but one would assume it will be now. As for the other title matches, Shibata vs. Nagata for the NEVER title and RPG Vice vs. Ricochet/Sydal for the Jr. Tag Titles, they have been moved to Dontaku itself, making it a ten-match show.
vwFz9AY.png

Devastation Corp in Evolve!!!!

Based Gabe.

EVOLVE 60
Friday, May 6th, 2016
Belltime: 8PM
The MCW Arena
1000 Joppa Farm Rd.
Joppa, MD

Tickets available in the DGUSA.tv Store or by calling 267-638-6538.

Watch on live iPPV at www.WWNLive.com, the WWN Roku Channel and FITE TV

Main Event #1 - The Rivalry Continues
Chris Hero vs. Zack Sabre Jr.

Main Event #2 - EVOLVE Tag Team Title Match
Drew Gulak & Tracy Williams defend vs. TJ Perkins & Fred Yehi

Grudge Match
Drew Galloway vs. Ethan Page

Special Attraction Match
Johnny Gargano vs. Marty Scurll

Special Challenge Match #1
Lio Rush vs. Caleb Konley

Special Challenge Match #2