• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

I still don't get why Dixie was paying Russo in secret. Why?

It got to a point where he was publicly toxic and really bad at his job of head of creative. When that was done and he was gone that was that. When he eventually came back to consult, they either 1) didn't think that was a significant enough action or job title to point out to Spike, or 2) knew that would tank shit immediately and thought they could go on not telling Spike forever. The problem with TNA is every option is dumb. It's them doing it. There's no good sane option that's going to work out.

imBask

Banned
I'm sure there are some suits that are ecstatic about it since it is that status quo.

They already have marketing in place for a not over face and are used to the backlash.

And we all know that a constant decline in ratings since Cena became THE GUY is the best kind of status quo!

Fox318

I wonder how Ryback feels that they are giving Roman "The Guy" when his thing has been "The Big Guy" and he has been all intent on getting to the main event level
Who the fuck am I kidding I could not care less what weeble head Ryback feels....
Guys like Ryback and Tityus O'Neil would be twice as over as Roman is/was with the push and the spots that he is able to do.

Shit I know he isn't that big but Ryback overhead press walked kalisto up the steps at mania. He should be a bigger factor in the show.

UberTag

And we all know that a constant decline in ratings since Cena became THE GUY is the best kind of status quo!
Decline in ratings, yes.
Increase in revenue, also yes.
The WWE is far more profitable now with a smaller following than it was with a larger audience back during the Attitude era heyday.

I still don't get why Dixie was paying Russo in secret. Why?

Shame is Spike would probably love to have a wrestling show that could lead viewers into MMA.

Its crazy to me that guys fake fighting is deemed worse to advertisers than Bellator's roid fueled senior citizens fighting dudes off the street.

TNA is such an odd story.

According to Da Meltz, Spike HATED Russo.

Kaladin

In the attitude era they could fill large stadiums for an episode of Raw though.

They didn't save stadiums for Wrestlemania. They could draw that kind of crowd any time.

I wonder how Ryback feels that they are giving Roman "The Guy" when his thing has been "The Big Guy" and he has been all intent on getting to the main event level
Who the fuck am I kidding I could not care less what weeble head Ryback feels....
Have a Big Guy vs Thee Guy match.
First wrestle move wins the match

Gurrry

So do we think that Roman and Anderson and Gallows team up by the end of payback? Or am I giving WWE too much credit for an intriguing storyline?

Fox318

Jh5aDCy.png

Was it more or was last nights raw just a glorified house show? I get why, but talk about some momentum releasing from the sails.

Some stray observations:
Enzo + Cass are going to need to get way better in the ring. That was really the first time I saw them, but considering what Enzo said on the Austin podcast it's pretty apparent they're not going for much.

I'm so happy we have Ahmed Johnson 3.0 right now, no really, I am

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
So do we think that Roman and Anderson and Gallows team up by the end of payback? Or am I giving WWE too much credit for an intriguing storyline?
You guys keep speculating "Roman is joining the Bullet Club" but it sounds a lot more like Anderson and Gallows are joining the Shield. Or the nWo, really.

kiguel182

You are giving them too much credit.

But Roman has everything to be a top heel right now. They are wasting it.

kiguel182

Also, Enzo and Cass transition to the main roster has been pretty flawless. They just keep doing their awesome thing and it's going to catch fire.

Finally watched the Aztec Warfare 2 episode of LU, and
Matanza
is way shorter than I was expecting, but I loved watching him wreck shop.

And that pop for
Rey
was bigger than any pop I'd seen him get in the WWE. Oh, smarky LU fans ...

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not gonna push my luck. Mods have the ability to change my name to Max Landis so I'm on the straight and narrow. RIP #HoggEra you were over before you even begun.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I don't want that thing. I'm happy with Froggy Fresh.

And money maker Mike

Also, Enzo and Cass transition to the main roster has been pretty flawless. They just keep doing their awesome thing and it's going to catch fire.

They have a ton of pop and crowd love, which is GREAT. I think their charisma is through the roof. I just want to see them being a little more versatile in the ring. I feel the same with New Day too.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Meltzer is implying stuff was supposed to happen at yesterday's RAW that didn't.

Also, they're still bitching about the Shane storyline. For what its worth, I don't think its *that* bad beyond not having Vince actually there to explain why Shane's getting more and more time and having a face authority figure makes way more sense - if you have a guy on top he shouldn't lean towards nonsensical heel stuff.

Honestly, I'm guessing the storyline was "we told Taker he was winning and he doesn't *have* to show up to anything" so he won but we were surprised that Shane is so popular.

I dunno, it still had the tubing.
I don't think you could do without it lol.

This shit from Batista's book, wow

The funny thing is that even though Arn and Ric are the greatest of friends, really big friends, Arn would just cringe at some of the things that Ric does in the ring. Arn is very serious, a brutal, serious heel. Ric is just—well, over the top.

Hilariously goofy.

Ric is famous for doing a spot where a guy will give him a sunset flip and end up pulling his trunks down. Ric will run around the ring with his ass hanging out while the crowd roars.

We were doing six-man tags with me, Hunter, and Ric during Evolution. They wanted to do a three-way thing where we would do a triple sunset flip and end up with our trunks down, running around the ring. I at first refused to do it. My character was serious; I had the enforcer role and it didn’t seem to fit. But Ric and Hunter did it, and of course everybody loved it. So Ric and Hunter gave me shit about it, just tons of heat, so the next night we all did it. Of course, we made total asses of ourselves—excuse the pun—running around with our trunks down to our knees, dragging guys around behind us.

Arn Anderson was the agent on the house show, and he was backstage. We walked back into the locker room and there he was, up on a chair, one end of his belt tied around his neck, the other in his hand about to be tied to a pipe.

He’d seen enough. He was about ready to hang himself.

Gurrry

Russo on the latest wrestling inc podcast is in fine form yet again. This guy cant be serious with the things he says. Hes playing a commentary heel right?

He doesnt know the new day's name (calls them the cereal guys), he thinks sami zayn looks like a cab driver and his crowd reactions are "too much"... I could go on and on.

Either this dude is a joke or im a mark.

Top Bottom