• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

Always amusing to see Yanks getting pissed off at a crowd. Sorry lads, next time we'll stick to the very imaginative "Let's Go person / person sucks" levels of chants.

The British crowd is mute/FF-worthy, absolutely ruins the television product. Not that I cared much for her beforehand, but the Bayley bullshit from last year's NXT show in London leaking into NXT tapings in America completely ruins whatever segment she's in for me when the singsong nonsense starts. I just skip it entirely.

Big Scoopz Dave is right on that point.

Let's not have this argument again.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Alvarez just sounds like your typical WWE-GAF poster. Just wants to complain because it isn't PERFECT.

If your job is to watch every shitty WWE show with no way out, of course you'll end up in a negative spiral with no hope of escape.
I see it more as a hobby than a job to watch them. No one forces them to watch shitty shows. They do it because they want to.

Sign me up to make money watching wrestling and critique on it.

Mahonay

Banned
Alvarez just sounds like your typical WWE-GAF poster. Just wants to complain because it isn't PERFECT.
Nah son. He approaches it like a critic, like he has for his entire career. And he definitely enjoys stuff that's not perfect, plenty of matches I find not so great that he ends up really enjoying.

klonere

Banned

They are going through old NWA stuff on their Sunday show and Bryan LOVES David Crockett, a multi year winner of worst wrestling announcer (much to Dave's chagrin when brought up) and Jimmy Valiant?!?!?!.

He just seems to latch onto the weirdest of stuff to bitch about.

That was an exceptionally bad match. I love it. I love bad things.

image.php

You guys think Alvarez is negative. WWE has driven Vinny into depression.

Retro B and V shows are great.

God I feel sorry (in a non-serious way) for Vinny having to review Raw. It's so clear that he would have given up on Raw years ago if let, even more so than Bryan. They should just choose some other random wrestling thing to review instead, more retro stuff is always fascinating to me.

Still it makes Vinny a strange voice of reason that reminds you that no matter the caveats you put on it, the brief moments of hope, the flashes of brilliance, Raw is still 3 HOURS LONG and is institutionally biased towards being terrible.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
They are going through old NWA stuff on their Sunday show and Bryan LOVES David Crockett, a multi year winner of worst wrestling announcer (much to Dave's chagrin when brought up) and Jimmy Valiant?!?!?!.

image.php

Ok let me elaborate.

He's like a WWE-GAF poster who actually has broadened their horizons and watched something besides the Attitude Era.

Manbig

Thanks for the replies.

In regards to crowd chants, as long as it's not some stupid shit like "We are awesome" and is actually something that has to do with the wrestlers involved in the match, also is not offensive, then people can sing song chant whatever the fuck they want. That Enzo Amore White Stripes chant is great.

Mahonay

Banned

image.php
Dave definitely complains about the most random shit possible, things most other people just forget about. I think it's funny.

Mahonay

Banned
Thanks for the replies.

In regards to crowd chants, as long as it's not some stupid shit like "We are awesome" and is actually something that has to do with the wrestlers involved in the match, also is not offensive, then people can sing song chant whatever the fuck they want. That Enzo Amore White Stripes chant is great.
Singing a Bayley chant while they were trying to bring in the new Women's Championship belt on RAW, ignoring everyone that was actually there, was super fucking shitty and ruined the segment.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Singing a Bayley chant while they were trying to bring in the new Women's Championship belt on RAW, ignoring everyone that was actually there, was super fucking shitty and ruined the segment.
Yup. Consigned. Crowds can be junk. funny how it always seems to involve women. Fuckin crowds!

Aiii

So not worth it

Booking a segment when people were expecting a Bayley debut, not debuting Bayley and letting your cheating Heel champion cut a promo out of character was dumb as fuck.

But yeah, the crowd is at fault for that one.

Any chance of another 8 man tag match involving Cesaro/New Day vs LoN/Miz again? I liked that match. Maryse's face was classic when Big E did his dance in front of her.

Luschient

Finally got around to listening to Bret Hart's WM32 recap podcast. Amazing. Listening to him shit on the event for over an hour had me rolling. Then blowing up Teddy Hart at the end was great.

"He should be in a strait-jacket in a rubber room with a pencil between his toes writing stuff down".

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Finally got around to listening to Bret Hart's WM32 recap podcast. Amazing. Listening to him shit on the event for over an hour had me rolling. Then blowing up Teddy Hart at the end was great.

"He should be in a strait-jacket in a rubber room with a pencil between his toes writing stuff down".
Teddy Hart is a terrible human being and I hate to admit it, but I agree with Bret.

klonere

Banned
Thanks for the replies.

euJmKTo.gif

agreed

Dave definitely complains about the most random shit possible, things most other people just forget about. I think it's funny.

His utter burial of Zack Ryder for his "Greatest moment of my life" line was hilariously random. I know what Dave was trying to say but he said it in the most obtuse, confused manner possible and then doubled down on it later on.

Everyone knows Wang is the best of the best in that universe.

When Wang said he shits when he throws up I nearly crashed the car driving to my grandparents for Christmas. Oh Wang.

Mahonay

Banned
Booking a segment when people were expecting a Bayley debut, not debuting Bayley and letting your cheating Heel champion cut a promo out of character was dumb as fuck.

But yeah, the crowd is at fault for that one.
They started chanting before she event got going with that not-so-great and weird promo.

If they expected Bayley that's their own fault and weren't paying attention. They ended that TakeOver match in a way that suggested Bayley was going to come back for the belt.

At some point just follow the fucking story and keep your fantasy booking to the forums.

Aiii

So not worth it
If they expected Bayley that's their own fault and weren't paying attention. They ended that TakeOver match in a way that suggested Bayley was going to come back for the belt.

Expecting debuts on the Raw after Mania? Yeah, you're right, ridiculous notion.

Also, it never ever happened that someone debuted on the main roster and stayed around for a while on NXT to finish up some storylines and shit. Except almost every time.

I was going to listen to it last night but I decided to wait. I've read just a few things from it.

Manbig

Yeah, I'm with you. I said as long as it involves the wrestlers in the match.

The women's title thing is on wwf and nobody else.

If Sasha was doing that promo and they still chanted for Bayley I'd agree that the crowd sucks(as they often did that night), but the idea of having a heel do that promo was bizarre from the beginning. They were either going to chant for sasha or bayley, and given some people thought she was coming up and sasha lost, I'm not surprised they chanted bayley.

Mahonay

Banned
The women's title thing is on wwf and nobody else.

If Sasha was doing that promo and they still chanted for Bayley I'd agree that the crowd sucks(as they often did that night), but the idea of having a heel do that promo was bizarre from the beginning.
Promo was a stupid idea, no doubt. It was still an important moment regardless.
Expecting debuts on the Raw after Mania? Yeah, you're right, ridiculous notion.

Also, it never ever happened that someone debuted on the main roster and stayed around for a while on NXT to finish up some storylines and shit. Except almost every time.
I mean yeah, but those of us that keep our ear to the news also saw zero stories about Bayley coming up.

But yes I can understand why some might have thought she'd show up, since others have done it in very similar fashion.

shaowebb

Let him rest, I had too many years of his bullshit

Have him comeback with Foley in Foley's dream retirement roll of taking over for Pat Patterson and Briscoe as Stooges in a bumbling flunky role lol. Bulk and Skull backstage anitcs ensue lol.

Never do this.

Aiii

So not worth it
Promo was a stupid idea, no doubt. It was still an important moment regardless.

It was not. It was dumb as fuck and had NO place on their fictional TV show.

If you must do some kind of important "look at how great we treat our women"-PR shtick, keep it off the program where these women are supposed to hate eachother.

And if the crowd is not chanting what you want them to chant, you adapt and win them over, see literally every Cena promo ever.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I don't expect the Bayley stuff to continue....until Bayley makes the main roster and then it will get bad again.

Mahonay

Banned
It was not. It was dumb as fuck and had NO place on their fictional TV show.

If you must do some kind of important "look at how great we treat our women"-PR shtick, keep it off the program where these women are supposed to hate eachother.

And if the crowd is not chanting what you want them to chant, you adapt and win them over, see literally every Cena promo ever.
Almost everyone has been wanting a Women's belt for the past couple of years. I think they expected a positive reaction and appreciation from a smarky crowd for the ceremony. They misjudged hugely.

It was a poorly put together segment. The crowd decided to pile on. I guess it happens a lot (see Roman Reigns).

And holy fucked yeah Charlotte failed miserably to adlib and work the crowd. She needs to get better fast, shake off that deer-in-headlights shit.

I forget, did Lita or Charlotte refer to her as the first ever women's champion in the promo itself? I know it happened at some point on the show. That also wouldn't have gone down well with a smark crowd. I found that really offensive.

Kurita

Almost everyone has been wanting a Women's belt for the past couple of years. I think they expected a positive reaction and appreciation from a smarky crowd for the ceremony. They misjudged hugely.

It was a poorly put together segment. The crowd decided to pile on. I guess it happens a lot (see Roman Reings).

And holy fucked yeah Charlotte failed miserably to adlib and work the crowd. She needs to get better fast, shake off that deer-in-headlights shit.
Well it was well received when Lita unveiled the new belt at Wrestlemania, they should have kept it at that

Mahonay

Banned
Those are right up there with the ones for Gable as tied for second-worst behind every stupid song sung for Bayley.

It's mute-worthy.
Never knew wrestling was a no-fun zone at all times.

If it's for the actual talent in the ring it's absolutely fine.

Top Bottom