• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Almost everyone has been wanting a Women's belt for the past couple of years. I think they expected a positive reaction and appreciation from a smarky crowd for the ceremony. They misjudged hugely.

It was a poorly put together segment. The crowd decided to pile on. I guess it happens a lot (see Roman Reigns).

And holy fucked yeah Charlotte failed miserably to adlib and work the crowd. She needs to get better fast, shake off that deer-in-headlights shit.

It went bad when they asked heel Charlotte who cheated to win the title over the massively popular Sasha Banks the night before to cut a babyface promo for the title. They should have had Lita just give the speech and had Charlotte launch straight into her heel routine. They give the audience too many opportunities to assert their nonsense.

Aiii

So not worth it
One thing that bothered me during Enzo and Cass entrance last night was, surprise, JB-fucking-L.

Don't say bad things about the guys in the middle of their chant-along promo, you're ruining it and even though you're a heel, you are literally telling the crowd that their shtick is shit and you shouldn't like it.

Don't talk over promo's. Don't talk over entrances. In fact, as color commentator, just don't talk at all when it's not a match.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
One thing that bothered me during Enzo and Cass entrance last night was, surprise, JB-fucking-L.

Don't say bad things about the guys in the middle of their chant-along promo, you're ruining it and even though you're a heel, you are literally telling the crowd that their shtick is shit and you shouldn't like it.

Don't talk over promo's. Don't talk over entrances. In fact, as color commentator, just don't talk at all when it's not a match.

JBL just randomly says things suck. That's what he does. There's no rhyme or reason, he just dislikes babyface things.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
JBL has an agenda against NXT teams. Remember what he did to the Ascension?

Angry Grimace

At least Corey Graves is able to come up with coherent reasons why babyfaces are being wusses.

Son Of D

I think next time I go to a show I'll just say nothing and not chant or react if it means not having you guys complain and say that I'm an idiot.

Although the CM Punk chants are stupid as fuck but thankfully they didn't catch on yesterday.

Mahonay

Banned
It went bad when they asked heel Charlotte who cheated to win the title over the massively popular Sasha Banks the night before to cut a babyface promo for the title. They should have had Lita just give the speech and had Charlotte launch straight into her heel routine. They give the audience too many opportunities to assert their nonsense.
They really need some kind of consultant in the back that can be an editor for stupid shit like that segment.

Booking a segment when people were expecting a Bayley debut, not debuting Bayley and letting your cheating Heel champion cut a promo out of character was dumb as fuck.

Expecting debuts on the Raw after Mania? Yeah, you're right, ridiculous notion.

Also, it never ever happened that someone debuted on the main roster and stayed around for a while on NXT to finish up some storylines and shit. Except almost every time.

But that's still not WWE's fault. Motherfuckers "expected" something, as if that's some sort of guarantee, and it didn't happen.

Sephzilla

Singing a Bayley chant while they were trying to bring in the new Women's Championship belt on RAW, ignoring everyone that was actually there, was super fucking shitty and ruined the segment.

To be fair though, a lot of people were thinking Bayley was going to debut then

Manbig

Am surprised that I seem to be the only one here that saw what they were doing with that Charlotte promo. I thought it was fairly obvious that she was set up to cut a promo about being gracious, but then eventually turn it into a speech about herself to set up the other women leaving in disgust. If you want a dumb reason for why they were all standing there expecting her to do a face promo at the start, you can just throw out the "company made her do it" line of thought. I'm not saying it's grade A writing, but it seems like a lot of people here aren't even getting that aspect of it. I guess that's just a whole other problem with the way that it was presented.

Sephzilla

Am surprised that I seem to be the only one here that saw what they were doing with that Charlotte promo. I thought it was fairly obvious that she was set up to cut a promo about being gracious, but then eventually turn it into a speech about herself to set up the other women leaving in disgust. If you want a dumb reason for why they were all standing there expecting her to do a face promo at the start, you can just throw out the "company made her do it" line of thought. I'm not saying it's grade A writing, but it seems like a lot of people here aren't even getting that aspect of it. I guess that's just a whole other problem with the way that it was presented.

The opening half of her promo felt like she was completely out of character and putting over the womens division. Then she very abruptly slipped back into character again to start up the Nattie feud. It was just sloppily done.

Manbig

He also hates on Breeze
And when the heel announcer shits on you as a heel than you know you are in a bad place.

There's always rumblings about JBL being the voice of Vince McMahon, and considering Breeze's current position, that's not a surprise.

Angry Grimace

Like many other problems with WWE writing a lot of it has to do with being forced to go long. Charlotte's babyface put-over-the-women portion should have been like 2 or 3 sentences putting over the women without reaction breaks (since they should have known the crowd would shit on her) and launching straight into the heel portion.

Mahonay

Banned
There's always rumblings about JBL being the voice of Vince McMahon, and considering Breeze's current position, that's not a surprise.
Half of the things he says I hear it in Vince's voice in my mind. Same with Cole. They are obviously fed lines straight from Vinny Mac sometimes.

Anth0ny

Meltzer is not great at speaking, he says "um" a fucking ton and is very scatter-brained. But I relate a lot better to him in just his general feelings about wrestling, and obviously he gets the scoops.

"you know, roman is... you know, you know... um... not very over. you know. I mean he's over, but... you know. it's not exactly what they want. "

<3 meltz

Not verified but from Wreddit

According to a very respected source in WWE here is what is scheduled to happen with WWE storylines: 1. Cesaro will not be winning the IC Title from Miz at Payback 2. Apollo Crews feud is scheduled to be Ryback 3. Vaudevillans will beat Enzo & Cass at Payback because the Dudleyz are screwing them over the Vaudevillans are then going to win the Tag Team Titles from New Day 4. Bray Wyatt is not scheduled to be back anytime soon & the League Of Nations vs Wyatts match at Payback is in serious doubt unless WWE does a 3 on 2 Handicap match believe it or not WWE discussed in the last few days signing Eric Young & quickly debuting him on the main roster to join the Wyatts 5. Natalya is not scheduled to win the Womens title despite the announcement of Bret Hart in her corner 6. Dean Ambrose is scheduled to beat Chris Jericho at Payback 7. Kevin Owens vs Sami Zayn will be feuding for a while 8. You will all be suprised at what John Cena will do when he returns 9. The Authority will return shortly to begin a feud with Shane McMahon leading to a match between Triple H & Shane McMahon at SummerSlam for control of WWE with a brand split shortly after & 10. Roman Reigns is turning heel at Payback & joining forces with Doc Gallows & Karl Anderson & possibly the Usos forming the Roman Empire or The Empire There is talk of Seth Rollins returning soon & him teaming up with AJ Styles along with Dean Ambrose & debuting Finn Balor to battle the Empire. So there you go sit back relax & enjoy WWE big things are coming & dont say i didnt warn you ;)

Angry Grimace

It should be a good show from the looks of things.

It's a little weird how little of the Emma/Becky stuff has been on TV since I'm guessing that's a pre-show match at least. Or maybe its just going to be nothing like a lot of women's angles.

According to a very respected source in WWE here is what is scheduled to happen with WWE storylines: 1. Cesaro will not be winning the IC Title from Miz at Payback 2. Apollo Crews feud is scheduled to be Ryback 3. Vaudevillans will beat Enzo & Cass at Payback because the Dudleyz are screwing them over the Vaudevillans are then going to win the Tag Team Titles from New Day 4. Bray Wyatt is not scheduled to be back anytime soon & the League Of Nations vs Wyatts match at Payback is in serious doubt unless WWE does a 3 on 2 Handicap match believe it or not WWE discussed in the last few days signing Eric Young & quickly debuting him on the main roster to join the Wyatts 5. Natalya is not scheduled to win the Womens title despite the announcement of Bret Hart in her corner 6. Dean Ambrose is scheduled to beat Chris Jericho at Payback 7. Kevin Owens vs Sami Zayn will be feuding for a while 8. You will all be suprised at what John Cena will do when he returns 9. The Authority will return shortly to begin a feud with Shane McMahon leading to a match between Triple H & Shane McMahon at SummerSlam for control of WWE with a brand split shortly after & 10. Roman Reigns is turning heel at Payback & joining forces with Doc Gallows & Karl Anderson & possibly the Usos forming the Roman Empire or The Empire There is talk of Seth Rollins returning soon & him teaming up with AJ Styles along with Dean Ambrose & debuting Finn Balor to battle the Empire. So there you go sit back relax & enjoy WWE big things are coming & dont say i didnt warn you ;)

Sounds like fantasy booking, especially the ridiculous brand split rumors again. They don't have the roster.

Now that the recent Meiko Satomura vs. Aja Kong Sendai Girls match is out, I declare this week Meiko Satomura week.

Today, I'm revisiting the Team Sendai Girls (Meiko Satomura and the Jumonji Sisters [Dash Chisako and Sendai Sachiko]) vs. Team ROH (Mike Bennett and the Young Bucks[Matt and Nick Jackson]) match from Chikara's 2012 King of Trios.

Bryce Remsburg and Scott "Jagged" Parker are on commentary, so at least the play-by-play should be good. The Bucks have great heel heat here as the disrespectful, arrogant heels. Sachiko counters a hip toss with a body twist. Satomura is tagged in to face Bennett; the height difference tells the tale. Bennett's arrogance leads him to foolishly open himself to Satomura's kicks as the crowd chants "Over-rated." Bennett eats three kicks and slaps Satomura in the face. The Sisters have some fast double team combos, which is something when you're working against the Bucks. This is probably the only match the Bucks can set up the heat with a spear and a couple of powerbombs. Triple suplex spot from Team ROH is reversed by Team Sendai Girls. Not sure why they Sendai Girls started their heat sequence only to get cut off by Team ROH to set up their 3MB Rock Band spot with Maria, but a Satomura missile dropkick to Bennett breaks that up. Remsburg loses his mind on a Satomura Pele kick, and Satomura plants Nick Jackson with a Death Valley Driver for two. Dual submission spot from Jumonji Sisters, but Maria distracts the referee so he can't see the Team ROH tap outs. Satomura is left alone to take on all three men in a beautiful babyface spot, but a triple superkick and More Bang for Your Buck puts her down for three.

What a great way to start Meiko Satomura week. Tremendously fun match, and this shits on Lucha Underground's weirdo obsession with intergender matches. Even though there's a size disparity between Bennett and Team Sendai Girls, it never feels exploitative the way Brian Cage vs. Taya did. Nor does it fall into the usual intergender match trap of "this man underestimates this woman, and now she's going to fight and prove herself." It helps that this match is a semifinals match from a weekend-long tournament; by this point, Team Sendai Girls had already beaten the Colony and a team of Jigsaw, Mike Quackenbush, and Manami Fucking Toyota. No one in his or her right mind should be underestimating Team Sendai Girls. Of course, Team ROH gave zero shits and respected nobody, so their lack of respect isn't about Team Sendai Girls' sex. At about 10 minutes, this is a fantastic, fast-paced morsel of a match that should be seen. The commentary's in English; the camera angles are decent enough; the ring is well list; the match is a lot of fun. If you're bitching about WWE and don't watch this match, what are you doing?

Manbig

That final bit has potential to be so great, but my cynical side refuses to believe that they will pull it off.

I so hope that
EY joining the Wyatt
thing happens.

Angry Grimace

I take any rumor with a grain of salt if it involves Roman turning heel.

Mahonay

Banned
If they turn Roman heel at Payback, him repeating "I'm the guy" promo every week makes perfect sense.
I take any rumor with a grain of salt if it involves Roman turning heel.
In the end, him turning heel feels pretty unlikely. Also the original word was they'd run with Roman as-is until at least SummerSlam. Obviously though they course correct sometimes.

Updated NJPW Wrestling Dontaku card, scheduled for 5/3/16:

• IWGP Heavyweight Championship match: Tetsuya Naito (c) vs. Tomohiro Ishii
  • Kazuchika Okada vs. SANADA (the former Seiya Sanada)
  • Hirooki Goto vs. "King of Darkness" EVIL
  • IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship match: KUSHIDA (c) vs. Jushin "Thunder" Liger
  • NEVER Openweight Championship match: Katsuyori Shibata (c) vs. Yuji Nagata
  • IWGP Tag Team Championship match: Guerrillas of Destiny (Tanga Roa and Tama Tonga) vs. G.B.H. (Tomoaki Honma and Togi Makabe)
  • YOSHITATSU, Hiroshi Tanahashi, and Michael Elgin vs. The Elite (Kenny Omega and the Young Bucks)
  • IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championship match: Roppongi Vice (Rocky Romero and Beretta) vs. Matt Sydal and Ricochet
  • David Finlay, Jay White, Rysuke Taguci, and Tiger Mask vs. CHAOS (Gedo, Will Ospreay, YOSHI-HASHI, and Kazushi Sakuraba)
  • Juice Robinson and Captain New Japan vs. Bullet Club (Yujiro Takahashi and Bad Luck Fale)

That's a hell of a card. Okada vs. Sanada and Shibata vs. Nagata should be a lot of fun.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
why is it stuff posted on wreddit is taken seriously here but if i saw lex luger is returning next raw with a mitb briefcase and winning the championship, there's 'no way'

meltzer.jpg

Mahonay

Banned
why is it stuff posted on wreddit is taken seriously here but if i saw lex luger is returning next raw with a mitb briefcase and winning the championship, there's 'no way'
I mean they do get insider leaks on the regular. But this latest list of story plans seems like someone pulled it out of their ass.

The bit about Roman / Anderson & Gallows is just to good and obvious. It makes too much logical sense for this to be a valid rumor.

And we all know Cena is going to come back to team with Hornswoggle

That all sounds excellent. Which guarantees it'll never happen.

Angry Grimace

I notice that the inability to say "WWE" is a common trait among every one on the roster

Angry Grimace

Plans change, things change, change changes, you just never know. Subscribe to my newsletter.

Double U Double Uwee

Most of them can only say WW and then miss the E entirely. Vince almost can't say it at all, which is hilarious since they refuse to call the title something other than "the WWE World Heavyweight Championship." in full.

This will never happen.

Top Bottom