• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
A Bond/Transporter look and theme is fine, but then he strips off his suit like he's from a bachelorette party getting $1's on his underwear.

helooooo ladies

Also, I like the idea of an evil Roman Reigns stable called "the Empire" but it needs Samoa Joe in it. That's some fantasy-ass booking though.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
tumblr_nhfmworLWi1t34v14o1_400.gif

Cesaro_Towel_aokdqs.jpg

bjork

They should really do a story for Cesaro where he gets mad and starts randomly attacking people and costing them matches, only to reveal that he's only doing it to people who beat him in Clash Royale.

Then he could show up in Norcal and giant swing Dan Ryckert to the moon.

helooooo ladies

Also, I like the idea of an evil Roman Reigns stable called "the Empire" but it needs Samoa Joe in it. That's some fantasy-ass booking though.
I also don't think Joe's character makes sense as a follower/part of a posse

He should be in it for himself.

Though, if Balor came up with Gallows/Anderson they could have warring stables. Usos turn on Roman and join Joe lol, the true swerve

Kaladin

I think I would actually give Roman a chance if they turned him full heel.

It would fit better with his character and it would be something fresh.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The reason the rumor sounds plausible is because there's only three things Gallows/Anderson could be doing:

1) Side with AJ (AJ Styles turns heel)
2) Side with Roman (Roman turns heel)
3) Against AJ, but not explicitly with Roman (Roman and AJ are faces, Gallows/Anderson are heels).

I think the last one is the most likely - they think they're helping their buddy AJ but he doesn't want their help and stays face.

bjork

There's an Ambrose/Brian Pillman 2-pack of action figures.

I'm almost offended that they're implying Ambrose is anything like Pillman.

The reason the rumor sounds plausible is because there's only three things Gallows/Anderson could be doing:

3) Against AJ, but not explicitly with Roman (Roman and AJ are faces, Gallows/Anderson are heels).

I think the last one is the most likely - they think they're helping their buddy AJ but he doesn't want their help and stays face.

And then they look to....other leadership.

101281372001836.jpg

Kaladin

I really don't see them siding with AJ. The whole "I didn't know they were doing that" is immediately believable as AJ lying to Roman, but the whole thing could be a huge swerve with Roman playing mind games leading up to the BC siding with him.

Ah who am I kidding, I'm giving WWE too much credit for this.

To hell with waiting until tomorrow. We have more Meiko Satomura matches to watch. Let's roll with another Meiko Satomura classic, the Nanae Takahashi vs. Meiko Satomura World of STARDOM title match from Stardom The Highest 2012.

Satomura offers a handhsake to Takahashi, and Takahashi waves it off. I'm guessing that Takahashi is going to regret this decision. Takahashi has a slight height advantage. They circle each other, and Takahashi slaps Satomura, which kicks off a slap exchange. Slaps become elbows in the corner, and the referee has to pry Takahashi off Satomura. Takahashi is able to dodge Satomura's strikes. Takahashi basically no sells a German suplex to punch Satomura in the face. Takahashi is a madwoman here. Satomura responds to a powerslam with a Pele kick to Takahashi to knock her off the top turnbuckle and a kick to Takahashi's face that shakes her up. Back to some grappling that doesn't really go anywhere because they're evenly matched. Then, we get what might retroactively become my favorite spot of 2012, an intense test of strength between Satomura and Takahashi that is won by Satomura. Headlocks are traded on the mat. Back to their feet, and Takahashi retreats to the corner as she eats Satomura's knees to get in close to rock Satomura with elbows. Takahashi's long hair makes this madwoman look work. A Takahashi tope suicida starts the next stage of the match, though I'm not sure what's up with Takahashi's errant tope. Satomura throws Takahashi off her shoulders from the apron to start her heat segment. A Satomura somersault knee to the back of Takahashi's head dazes her. Takahashi no sells a back suplex to hit Satomura with a back suplex, a German suplex, and a running kick. Satomura counters a suplex attempt with a Pele kick that puts A.J. Styles's to shame. Another elbow exchange leads to a slap exchange, and Takahashi is just eating damage. A short lariat takes Satomura down for two as I regret watching this match with headphones on because Takahashi's screams are piercing. Short lariats from Takahashi are countered into a loose Satomura Dragon sleeper. A Death Valley Driver attempt is countered into a choke. Great counter exchange leads to a shoulder breaker. Takahashi's splash attempt only gets two as Satomura looks worn down. Strikes and a rolling capo kick take Takahashi down for two. Falcon arrow takes Satomura down for two. Satomura is beginning to focus more on submissions to wear Takahashi down since Takahashi is just eating her kicks, knees, and slaps. Takahashi counters a Satomura splash with knees, though not as brutally as Aja Kong recently did. Satomura counters a Takahashi jumping nothing with an elbow and hits her with a Death Valley Driver, but it only gets her down for two. Satomura is selling her exhaustion; she's hit Takahashi with everything, but Takahashi just gets up, punches her in the face, and hits her with a Super Falcon Arrow. Satomura kicks out from another Falcon Arrow, and Takahashi tries to put her down with a DVD of her own. Another Satomura DVD and another kick to the face gets two, and Satomura goes back to the headlock to try to wear Takahashi down. A missed Pele kick gets Takahashi a two count, and Takahashi's powerbomb opens her arm to Satomura, who locks in a hizajujigatame. Takahashi makes the ropes barely. Satomura tries to counter a lariat with an armbar, but Takahashi counters with a sidewalk slam. A splash off the top gets Takahashi a one count. Satomura feels the fighting spirit, but her strike falls short because she is just exhausted. Takahashi picks her up, tucks her arm in, slams her, and scores the win with the One Second EX. At 23 minutes, this felt epic. Takahashi eats all of Satomura's best offense, and she's able to counter a lot of Satomura's offense. It makes the show of disrespect at the start of the match make sense. Why should Takahashi shake Satomura's hand when she knows that Satomura can't beat her? Unfortunately, the middle of the match dragged. Takahashi's tope that hit another girl is still weird (though it could have been covered in the post-match promo that I didn't understand), and Satomura's submission work never goes anywhere. Nonetheless, watching Takahashi and Satomura trade bombs for 20 minutes was entertaining, and the tension at the start of the match was great. Satomura's selling of exhaustion is great, and Takahashi is mostly believable as the unstoppable monster. Her punches look great.

To hell with waiting until tomorrow. We have more Meiko Satomura matches to watch. Let's roll with another Meiko Satomura classic, the Nanae Takahashi vs. Meiko Satomura World of STARDOM title match from Stardom The Highest 2012.

Satomura offers a handhsake to Takahashi, and Takahashi waves it off. I'm guessing that Takahashi is going to regret this decision. Takahashi has a slight height advantage. They circle each other, and Takahashi slaps Satomura, which kicks off a slap exchange. Slaps become elbows in the corner, and the referee has to pry Takahashi off Satomura. Takahashi is able to dodge Satomura's strikes. Takahashi basically no sells a German suplex to punch Satomura in the face. Takahashi is a madwoman here. Satomura responds to a powerslam with a Pele kick to Takahashi to knock her off the top turnbuckle and a kick to Takahashi's face that shakes her up. Back to some grappling that doesn't really go anywhere because they're evenly matched. Then, we get what might retroactively become my favorite spot of 2012, an intense test of strength between Satomura and Takahashi that is won by Satomura. Headlocks are traded on the mat. Back to their feet, and Takahashi retreats to the corner as she eats Satomura's knees to get in close to rock Satomura with elbows. Takahashi's long hair makes this madwoman look work. A Takahashi tope suicida starts the next stage of the match, though I'm not sure what's up with Takahashi's errant tope. Satomura throws Takahashi off her shoulders from the apron to start her heat segment. A Satomura somersault knee to the back of Takahashi's head dazes her. Takahashi no sells a back suplex to hit Satomura with a back suplex, a German suplex, and a running kick. Satomura counters a suplex attempt with a Pele kick that puts A.J. Styles's to shame. Another elbow exchange leads to a slap exchange, and Takahashi is just eating damage. A short lariat takes Satomura down for two as I regret watching this match with headphones on because Takahashi's screams are piercing. Short lariats from Takahashi are countered into a loose Satomura Dragon sleeper. A Death Valley Driver attempt is countered into a choke. Great counter exchange leads to a shoulder breaker. Takahashi's splash attempt only gets two as Satomura looks worn down. Strikes and a rolling capo kick take Takahashi down for two. Falcon arrow takes Satomura down for two. Satomura is beginning to focus more on submissions to wear Takahashi down since Takahashi is just eating her kicks, knees, and slaps. Takahashi counters a Satomura splash with knees, though not as brutally as Aja Kong recently did. Satomura counters a Takahashi jumping nothing with an elbow and hits her with a Death Valley Driver, but it only gets her down for two. Satomura is selling her exhaustion; she's hit Takahashi with everything, but Takahashi just gets up, punches her in the face, and hits her with a Super Falcon Arrow. Satomura kicks out from another Falcon Arrow, and Takahashi tries to put her down with a DVD of her own. Another Satomura DVD and another kick to the face gets two, and Satomura goes back to the headlock to try to wear Takahashi down. A missed Pele kick gets Takahashi a two count, and Takahashi's powerbomb opens her arm to Satomura, who locks in a hizajujigatame. Takahashi makes the ropes barely. Satomura tries to counter a lariat with an armbar, but Takahashi counters with a sidewalk slam. A splash off the top gets Takahashi a one count. Satomura feels the fighting spirit, but her strike falls short because she is just exhausted. Takahashi picks her up, tucks her arm in, slams her, and scores the win with the One Second EX. At 23 minutes, this felt epic. Takahashi eats all of Satomura's best offense, and she's able to counter a lot of Satomura's offense. It makes the show of disrespect at the start of the match make sense. Why should Takahashi shake Satomura's hand when she knows that Satomura can't beat her? Unfortunately, the middle of the match dragged. Takahashi's tope that hit another girl is still weird (though it could have been covered in the post-match promo that I didn't understand), and Satomura's submission work never goes anywhere. Nonetheless, watching Takahashi and Satomura trade bombs for 20 minutes was entertaining, and the tension at the start of the match was great. Satomura's selling of exhaustion is great, and Takahashi is mostly believable as the unstoppable monster. Her punches look great.

fantastico, keep these coming!

Angry Grimace

I really don't see them siding with AJ. The whole "I didn't know they were doing that" is immediately believable as AJ lying to Roman, but the whole thing could be a huge swerve with Roman playing mind games leading up to the BC siding with him.

Ah who am I kidding, I'm giving WWE too much credit for this.

I just don't see any point in a buildup to a Payback turn for AJ because its way better to just have them debut and AJ turns heel instantly.

But from what I've read about management, I'm exceptionally skeptical they would turn AJ Styles heel because he's way too popular. There's a reason they're having a guy with approximately 3 months of WWE tenure main event a PPV for the title.

Kaladin

Finally hit the regular 2 hour Raw broadcasts in 1997.

The change from 45 min to an hour and a half is noticeable, but in this time frame it just means we get longer matches and more people are on the broadcast each week leading to more detailed feuds.

It wasn't as jarring as going from 2 to 3 hours though. The jump from 2 to 3 hours felt like it added nothing but filler while this feels more like it was fleshing out an already great hour of TV.

2 hours also doesn't feel like it negates the value of PPVs, even though many PPVs were 2 hours at this time. Where as with 3 hours, you eventually got to the point where PPVs felt like a Sunday episode of Raw.

bjork

Two hours is the sweet spot. I will always personally prefer the 1hr raw episodes because it was so condensed, but you're 100% right about the two hour shows. It's just the right amount.

Kaladin

Two hours is the sweet spot. I will always personally prefer the 1hr raw episodes because it was so condensed, but you're 100% right about the two hour shows. It's just the right amount.

I agree, the one hour Raws were great. But with as big of a main event and upper mid card scene they had at the time, 2 hours was needed as there wasn't enough room in 1 hour to feature all of the top talent each week.

bjork

It was worse before - the 2 packs were originally Ambrose/Austin and Hogan/Cena.

That is actually better to me because I wouldn't necessarily mind buying a Pillman figure, but I'm not also buying an Ambrose to get him. I wouldn't want an Austin figure, so him being with Ambrose is ok by me. :)

Kaladin

Also....wtf at JBL during Enzo and Cass's entrance last night saying "I don't care what your name is."

I wanted to reach through the TV and slap his cowboy hat off his head.

Recall

Lose the second match on the main card at Wrestlemania and you instantly become a main eventer for a month or two. Happened 4 years in a row now.

Angry Grimace

The weird part to me is that they don't seem be using their roster very well. Bringing back Cesaro in a minor title picture means they don't have anyone around who's there to make people look good, its basically just the Social Outcasts, who are mediocre workers anyways. But they need to be making all of the guys with big televised angles look better than they are because Zayn hasn't won a match since before WrestleMania and he's still being pushed as an upper-midcard.

Mahonay

Banned
The weird part to me is that they don't seem be using their roster very well. Bringing back Cesaro in a minor title picture means they don't have anyone around who's there to make people look good, its basically just the Social Outcasts, who are mediocre workers anyways. But they need to be making all of the guys with big televised angles look better than they are because Zayn hasn't won a match since before WrestleMania and he's still being pushed as an upper-midcard.
It all goes along with their general indentity crisis at the moment.

Maybe not crisis. Soul searching?

Angry Grimace

Sami Zayn straight up needs to be allowed to start winning matches.

I would argue that Owens needs wins way more than Sami does. I think the booking direction with Sami losing to the main event tier guys is an intentional move and so does Meltzer.

That's not something I trust WWE to do inorganically. Daniel Bryan situation was a complete accident. Hell, they tried their damnest to hinder it.

Meltz straight up said he thinks the YES chant got Bryan over from being ridiculous over with crowds in general as opposed to just with indie smarks.

Kaladin

That's not something I trust WWE to do inorganically. Daniel Bryan situation was a complete accident. Hell, they tried their damnest to hinder it.

No, he's getting the early Daniel Bryan treatment.

He's going to be a lovable looser from the underground for a while.

Mahonay

Banned
I just hope Zayn and Owens are both still wrestling in the company by the time they do a huge balls-out crazy main-event feud between the two of them.

Angry Grimace

I'm just not particularly worried that they're burying Zayn, because it's obvious he's being pushed even if he's losing matches. The booking direction calls for him to be the underdog. There was never really a chance that WASN'T the direction they were going to take with Sami because basically everyone called it.

He's 3 inch taller Replacement Daniel Bryan.

Top Bottom