• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

klonere

Banned
Pentagon Jr. & Fenix wrestling in Japan for Akebono's Royal Road promotion;

Doesn't look like a huge turnout, but a new promotion in Tokyo was always going to have an uphill battle - going to be interesting to see how this does in the long run.

Looks like the same amount of people that show up for AJPW shows. I wouldn't doubt its more or less the exact same fans. I doubt either Fenix or Pentagon are known to any serious degree in Japan anyway.

Most brutal submissions? Whatever Volk Han does to this dude's leg;

cU5N2n2.gif

Also;

87QT59S.gif

The way he kicks that guy's knee out, goddamn.

Looks like the same amount of people that show up for AJPW shows. I wouldn't doubt its more or less the exact same fans. I doubt either Fenix or Pentagon are known to any serious degree in Japan anyway.

Yep, Akebono's mostly using a mix of freelancers, BJW guys, Z1 guys and W-1 guys - basically, wrestlers you can see on a ton of other shows in Tokyo. If this is intended to be a regularly run promotion, I'd guess he'll put on more special attraction matches like Fenix vs Pentagon just to offer something unique.

jmdajr

I think divas will continue sans bellas. I think.

My main thing is..how did Johnny Ace get this gig?

edit

As of September 3, 2015, Laurinaitis became engaged to Kathy Colace, who is the mother of the Bella Twins and the mother-in-law of Daniel Bryan

well heck..I didn't know that!

20160415_totaldivas_bellafamily_cbfab49d1bfda8d2d50da779ec253639--9076025421838bbddedbc6a91b71201a.jpg

I'm cool with Bury Jericho.

There should be a skit where HHH passes the honorary shovel.
It'll be full of blood and shit stains.

These old Meltzer newsletters are funny. When Steph got her implants, Vince actually wanted her to get bigger ones so he could stare at them. Then it would've started one of the many incest angles he's pitched.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1CRatikdWg&app=desktop

Never forget guys, just listen to Nick and Larry.

WAW character profiles;

https://vimeo.com/155938381

Guess that's the sort of quality we can expect from their TV pilot. Best tag team in Europe, lawl. Why is it that the least exciting British promotions are the ones getting TV pilots?

Here's the card for EVOLVE 61;

pBiI3Ej.jpg

That's pretty stacked, always down for more Marty vs Zack matches.

WAW character profiles;

https://vimeo.com/155938381

Guess that's the sort of quality we can expect from their TV pilot. Best tag team in Europe, lawl. Why is it that the least exciting British promotions are the ones getting TV pilots?

Here's the card for EVOLVE 61;

pBiI3Ej.jpg

That's pretty stacked, always down for more Marty vs Zack matches.

It still blows my mind that the current TNA champion is wrestling for a promotion WWE is promoting matches on. Considering he's on a per-appearance deal, what is stopping him from appearing for WWE and throwing the TNA title in the trash?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

edit

As of September 3, 2015, Laurinaitis became engaged to Kathy Colace, who is the mother of the Bella Twins and the mother-in-law of Daniel Bryan

20160415_totaldivas_bellafamily_cbfab49d1bfda8d2d50da779ec253639--9076025421838bbddedbc6a91b71201a.jpg

You have said this on three different occasions, you crack me up. Remember it this time pal!

It still blows my mind that the current TNA champion is wrestling for a promotion WWE is promoting matches on. Considering he's on a per-appearance deal, what is stopping him from appearing for WWE and throwing the TNA title in the trash?

Why would he do something like that to what I assume is a perfectly good trash can?

Fun fact, both Johnny Ace and John Cena both have 5 star matches from Dave Metzler while Bryan has none.
Meltzer is really good at hiding the fact that he hates "Vanilla midgets", until you start rearranging the pieces of the puzzle. . .
latest

Whatever became of Jigsaw anyways?

edit

They share no resemblance to mom. They must take after dad.

Top Bottom