• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

You aren't even joking. My god the way Suzuki kept working submissions and beat down moves and the desperation counters back and forth. Suzuki just comes across scarier than any pissed off Shamrock gimmick ever could in the 90s. Especially with his MMA record of 30 wins 19 losses with 20 of his wins via really REALLY nasty submissions (doctors stopping one fight, armbars, knee bars, naked chokes, MULTIPLE GROIN SHOTS). When AJ went for the Bullet Club pointing a gun at his head thing during a hold to mock him and Suzuki snatches his finger and bends it back and starts locking armbars while trying to break his finger was just nasty. Had some real bend on that fucker too at times.

Suzuki is a helluva performer and this was one of the best matches I've ever seen either man in.
Where do I watch this?

Laws00

zqpjdwtdnnxjuk4mrwis.gif

Zach

The best part of that show was Mankind vs. The Rock, because it was Mankind vs. The Rock. But even that was soiled by them standing next to each other as besties in a random backstage segment (see pic above), Mankind's stupidly remixed theme, excessive shenanigans during their match, and a dumb finish.

God.

Zach

Legit rock bottom.

Zach, I take it you don't like the team of Supply and Demand?

I had to google this. If they were actually called that, I missed it. But no, that crap is terrible. Like, it's hard to watch, but I have a pact with the WrassleGAF Universe that I will not fast-forward during PPVs. So really, you are all to blame for my pain! I blame you, WrassleGAF! Each and every one of YOU!

Kaladin

I had to google this. If they were actually called that, I missed it. But no, that crap is terrible. Like, it's hard to watch, but I have a pact with the WrassleGAF Universe that I will not fast-forward during PPVs. So really, you are all to blame for my pain! I blame you, WrassleGAF! Each and every one of YOU!

TBH, I don't remember them being called that either, but good lord it was a terrible team. I mean, it made sense, but good lord it was terrible.

FyreWulff

TIL goldberg wanted to get hit with real taser barbs for the Nash streak finish

http://www.prowrestling.net/artman/publish/miscnews/article10027179.shtml

On The Streak's End: "I'm upset because they wouldn't let Scott Hall hit me with the (Taser) with the barbs in it. Because that's what I want. I figured if I'm going down, I want you to stick me for real. But, it is what it is. A few weeks after Kevin Nash was put on the booking committee, Kevin Nash gets to beat me first. But hey, it is what it is."

Seriously?! Real Barbs?!

"Absolutely! Adam (Carriker) can tell you… d-lineman are a different breed. I truly believe that even 20 years past me playing football, I have the same mentality as I did back then. I'm sure Adam has it. You have to. You gotta be a little nuts. The reality is, I wanted it as real as humanly possible. And if means me taking two barbs in my chest on national TV to make it look real, then damn! Let's do it! I'm all for it.

somedevil

Big NXT news. Do not read if you want to be spoiled:

Samoa Joe beat Finn Balor to become the new champion after balor supposedly injured his ankle. Though he still took a muscle buster

I wonder how much of this is real and them getting the title off of Balor to debut him at Payback.

There are hella photos of Samoa Joe holding the championship on Twitter. And according to some in attendance, there were cameras so maybe it'll be shown as a clip on an upcoming episode of NXT.

Crazy.

bigkrev

It's on WWE.com right now
http://www.wwe.com/shows/wwenxt/article/samoa-joe-wins-nxt-championship

LOWELL, Mass. — Samoa Joe defeated Finn Bálor to capture the NXT Championship at a Live Event Thursday night in Lowell, Massachusetts, WWE.com has confirmed.

Joe’s victory put an end to Bálor’s record-breaking reign as NXT Champion. The Demon won the title on July 4, 2015, and held it for 292 days, surpassing the mark set by Neville in 2014.

Now that Samoa Joe has finally snared NXT’s top prize, what will the destroyer have in store for anyone who dares to step up and challenge him? How will Finn Bálor handle this setback? Find out by tuning into NXT, Wednesdays at 8/7 C, only on WWE Network, and stick with WWE.com for complete coverage of this developing story, including photos and video.

So obviously the injury angle they did was a work.

daemissary

If they were just gonna have Joe win the belt, why didn't they do it at Takeover?

Reeks of Raw booking, flying by the seat of their pants.

I like the house show victory much more than having some scheduled announced televised match where Joe challenges for, what, the fourth time? There'd be no real hype. Winning at the house show gives it that "anything can happen at a house show" vibe the WWE looks for.

Top Bottom