• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

mreddie

WM 13 match with Bret. If you look at it he's likely not on the card at all if Shawn hadn't lost his smile a few weeks back. Bret/Shawn rematch is the obvious fight. Then Taker/Sid. Chicago Street Fight. HHH/Goldust. If Mero wasn't injured then maybe he fights him for the IC belt instead of Sultan/Rock.

Oh right, wow, so basically, the Kilq helped make Austin accidentally.

RBH

CgnRRljUYAADFFu.jpg

Heroman

Banned
If you are going to do a title change then do it where most of your audience can see it, Joe winning the belt means nothing if I couldn't see the match. If they wanted joe to win why didnt they just do it at nxt takeover?

Reigns is really looking limp dick. Management must be stalling because they don't even trust him to do promos longer than his catchphrase, and they're using him to set up more important stuff like the Bray face turn and likely Balor Club. Interesting.

jpv_13

Neo Member
Having Joe win the title at a house show also keeps Balor undefeated as "The Demon", which is something they seemed to like to say.

Extreme Rules, I get the feeling Styles/Reigns ends in DQ and Booman will feud with some other guy until Seth comes back.

Ding ding ding We have a winner lol

I seriously love the fact he lost at a house show they are moving fast on the aj vs fin (which is awesome) joe deserved it and will be a better champion going forward bayley and fin will be at raw mark my words

i still think they swerve and make aj champ (i can dream damnit)

Heroman

Banned

You aren't even joking. My god the way Suzuki kept working submissions and beat down moves and the desperation counters back and forth. Suzuki just comes across scarier than any pissed off Shamrock gimmick ever could in the 90s. Especially with his MMA record of 30 wins 19 losses with 20 of his wins via really REALLY nasty submissions (doctors stopping one fight, armbars, knee bars, naked chokes, MULTIPLE GROIN SHOTS). When AJ went for the Bullet Club pointing a gun at his head thing during a hold to mock him and Suzuki snatches his finger and bends it back and starts locking armbars while trying to break his finger was just nasty. Had some real bend on that fucker too at times.

Suzuki is a helluva performer and this was one of the best matches I've ever seen either man in.
Man, it been awhile since I saw this match,Suzuki is so good.

JavyOO7

WWE app says the location of event was at Lowell, Mass... same city where he won TNA title against Angle in Lockdown 2008. Don't think event was at Tsongas arena though.

UberTag

Reigns wins via DQ. Balor vs Styles happens at Extreme Rules, Seth comes back on the Raw after Payback to challenge Ramen.
How many times does Seth get humbled by Roman until they elect to reform the Shield to face the Balor Club? Do they roll with that program before Summerslam or not?

Also, I have to assume Styles is losing to Balor. Wonder when he'll win a WWE program. Maybe when he has an actual feud against Owens. If not, perhaps when Joe gets promoted.

In a perfect world, I would build up Joe vs. Nakamura for next year's WM weekend TakeOver. A monster heel Joe title run, and Nakamura gets a few more "big" wins in nXt.

But, what other faces are there for Joe to face? Doing it in Japan might be too much to resist, plus they might want to get Joe and Nakamura to the main roster quickly (although who would be left?).

Joe winning the title at a house show is cool. I like when they do stuff like this out of nowhere. Makes the house shows seem like more of a big deal. I wonder if this was always the plan or if the Balor Club stuff has been accelerated to a point where this was necessary. Either way, it does give him the out of not being the demon, which he still hasn't ever lost as (I'm sure that honor will go to Roman one day).

Heroman

Banned
In a perfect world, I would build up Joe vs. Nakamura for next year's WM weekend TakeOver. A monster heel Joe title run, and Nakamura gets a few more "big" wins in nXt.

But, what other faces are there for Joe to face? Doing it in Japan might be too much to resist, plus they might want to get Joe and Nakamura to the main roster quickly (although who would be left?).
In a perfect world Joe vs. Nakamura would be WM33 semimain or main event.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I said it maybe a week before she died but Chyna, well, deserved to be Champion.

Yes, it would have been a stunt champion...in the era of Stunt Champions. Vince Russo. Vince McMahon. David Arquette. She's at least as credible as McMahon and much more so than the other two. She always looked legitimate in the ring which is why the act worked. Doesn't matter that her wrestling talent wasn't great. She had the look. She was over. She had a great act.

tumblr_nvevgxgp291qek2c9o1_500.gif

michelle-tanner-no-way-jose.gif

somedevil

Aries, Gargano, Ciampa and Itami who is almost ready to come back.

Heroman

Banned
I said it maybe a week before she died but Chyna, well, deserved to be Champion.

Yes, it would have been a stunt champion...in the era of Stunt Champions. Vince Russo. Vince McMahon. David Arquette. She's at least as credible as McMahon and much more so than the other two. She always looked legitimate in the ring which is why the act worked. Doesn't matter that her wrestling talent wasn't great. She had the look. She was over. She had a great act.

She was garbage in the ring and I don't think anyone who was champ at that time would let her go over, also Vince would have never let her do it.

Rumour has it, Chyna told the story that they were going to make her champion. She had to choose between the championship or Playboy because Vince had some reason. Reason why I say "rumour" is because Chyna told the story lol.

Zach

I said it a couple months ago, too!

...I don't hate the idea [of Chyna winning the World Championship]. >_____>

High-five, Man God!

Top Bottom