• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

Kaladin

Sullivan's feud with Benoit is the best thing I saw of him in WCW. Forget that the actual booking was kind of confusing as shit, but the Sullivan vs Benoit brawls were insane.

Their match was the first time I had seen a wrestling match go crazy like that and go all around the building. It blew my teenage mind.

klonere

Banned
Dana has been great on the mic since almost day one. She's not amazing in ring, but she's already better then a lot of women who have been on the main roster.

It'd be great if they could keep her in NXT for a while and let her become the complete package. I imagine a main roster division one day that's Sasha, Charlotte, Becky, Paige, Nattie, Emma, Dana, Asuka and Bayley. Naomi seems to be improving a lot recently too.

Isn't it funny that the female side of the Performance Center is turning out way better personalities than the male side?

We got Alexa, Dana, rehabbed Emma and Bayley all as vibrant characters who can all talk.

Meanwhile we got the fucking Drifter, Apollo and the Mechanics as the prime examples of Peformance Center output for the guys.

EDIT; oh and how can I forget another fucking dead end dancing gimmick in the form of No Way Jose. He better turn into a vicious heel who beats up people for money to buy his next nights eccy.

On the next UK tour they aren't doing the Raw in England, it's going to be from Glasgow in Scotland for the first time.

It'll be my first live WWE event.

Tickets on sale tomorrow!

Fox318

rU7SrCQ.png

Isn't it funny that the female side of the Performance Center is turning out way better personalities than the male side?

We got Alexa, Dana, rehabbed Emma and Bayley all as vibrant characters who can all talk.

Meanwhile we got the fucking Drifter, Apollo and the Mechanics as the prime examples of Peformance Center output for the guys.

EDIT; oh and how can I forget another fucking dead end dancing gimmick in the form of No Way Jose. He better turn into a vicious heel who beats up people for money to buy his next nights eccy.

Well, they've done well with Enzo, Cass, Gable, and to a lesser extent Corbin & Jordan. But the success rate is a lot lower. They seem to rely on bringing in indies who already have their game together on the mens side.

Apollo I just flat out don't get. I know his promo game wouldn't be good coming from Japan, but his basic ability to put a match together is poor too, so he needed lots more time at the centre, yet he's on the main roster. Vince gonna Vince

klonere

Banned
Well, they've done well with Enzo, Cass, Gable, and to a lesser extent Corbin & Jordan. But the success rate is a lot lower. They seem to rely on bringing in indies who already have their game together on the mens side.

Apollo I just flat out don't get. I know his promo game wouldn't be good coming from Japan, but his basic ability to put a match together is poor too, so he needed lots more time at the centre, yet he's on the main roster. Vince gonna Vince

True, they've had some hits. I wonder how it'll all pan out when it really matters, generally when NXT has something with an act, they look after it. On the main roster you can be thrown to the wolves in the most random, spiteful ways.

Looking forward to it. Fiver says we end up more divisive than the English crowds tend to be.

I don't doubt this thread will have a total meltdown when this Raw goes down.

Question to both of you Glasgow guys: Would you go to/Have you even heard of ICW's big show in the same venue a week later?

Mahonay

Banned
Has there ever been a successful dancing gimmick?

Scotty 2 Hotty carried Rikishi and Brian Christopher.

Ugh.

Man, I hate wrestling.
Too Cool got THE biggest pops in the company, at a time WWF had The Rock and Stone Cold on the same roster. It's absolutely insane just how over they got for that short period of time.

Brian Christopher sure as fuck didn't deserve it, but I am really glad Scotty 2 Hotty got to enjoy that, fantastic dude and a really great worker.

Man, I did not expect to pop online today and see Balor lost the title at a house show. We're sure he's not injured?

Meltzer said he unlaced his boot, which tends to mean storyline injury, and that there'd been talk of a switch earlier in the day, so hopefully not.

Too Cool got THE biggest pops in the company, at a time WWF had The Rock and Stone Cold on the same roster. It's absolutely insane just how over they got for that short period of time.

Brian Christopher sure as fuck didn't deserve it, but I am really glad Scotty 2 Hotty got to enjoy that, fantastic dude and a really great worker.

After that HOF, Rikishi sure as hell didn't deserve it either.

Scotty was great.

klonere

Banned
Man, I did not expect to pop online today and see Balor lost the title at a house show. We're sure he's not injured?

He bowed, was walking fine after the bell and the gurney was pre-prepared during the match apparently.

He's fine. Losing the title at a house show, just after the biggest show of the year, in order to get the longest reign has to be a tribute to Dusty. It's something Dusty would LOVE.

What's all this Rikishi HOF business about?

Rikishi didn't once mention Too Cool in his HOF induction. Plus he didn't even want them in attendance. Given that riding their coattails was almost certainly the only reason he was inducted it's pretty pathetic to pretend they had nothing to do with him being there.

They were not best pleased about the snub either.

Aiii

So not worth it
Rikishi didn't once mention Too Cool in his HOF induction. Plus he didn't even want them in attendance. Given that riding their coattails was almost certainly the only reason he was inducted it's pretty pathetic to pretend they had nothing to do with him being there.

What's even worse than all that is that Rikishi is inducted, but Too Cool isn't.

Samoan bias.

Wow.
Fuck him. Even worse that Too Cool isn't even in the HOF.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Too Cool have always been terrible and Rikishi was clearly the thing that brought it all together. Fuck Too Cool.

Question to both of you Glasgow guys: Would you go to/Have you even heard of ICW's big show in the same venue a week later?

I'll probably be going to both. I was at last year's Fear & Loathing in the SECC and their show in the Barrowlands a few weeks ago, so I had been intending to go anyway.

Top Bottom