• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

The news clips they showed in the morning was her and Eddie...I had to change the channel because it was too much.
I'm glad they focused on her wrestling career from what you're telling me. Most people who do outraged things, they focus on that. Sadly her death is being overshadowed by Prince's.

Cgnfu4JUcAAg8be.jpg

They wanted Finn to be the longest reigning NXT champ. If he lost at Takeover he would have barely missed that. And their taping schedule was just unfortunately public enough they couldn't do it there either (thanks Nakamura).

Pikma

Banned
Unfortunately it looks like Balor was injured during the match, so they may have called an audible to put the title on Joe.

Or Anderson/Gallows turn on AJ at Payback and reveal Balor as the true leader, thus leading to an awesome AJ/Balor feud.
This had been already teased, it was not an improvised ending

Unfortunately it looks like Balor was injured during the match, so they may have called an audible to put the title on Joe.

Or Anderson/Gallows turn on AJ at Payback and reveal Balor as the true leader, thus leading to an awesome AJ/Balor feud.

WWE has gotten really good at making people believe injuries are legit. They know that we know what the X symbol means. Just look at Kalisto on Raw last week. Or Sami the week before that.

I'm a little surprised they passed up Balor vs. Nakamura for the NXT title in Tokyo during the July tour, but I guess they think they have enough bullets with Nakamura, Styles, and Asuka leading the tour with Jericho, Gallows, and Anderson providing supporting draws.

Tagyhag

Roman Reigns vs. AJ Styles
The Miz vs. Cesaro
Dean Ambrose vs. Chris Jericho
Sami Zayn vs. Kevin Owens
Charlotte vs. Natalya
Enzo Amore & Colin Cassady vs. The Vaudevillains

Better card than Wrestlemania already? Didn't even have to wait until Money in the Bank.

Roster-wise, this is the best WWE has been since...Ever.

Once Kevin Dunn leaves, I feel like we're going to reach another golden age.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
When is WWE going to put the Florida tapes up on the Network? I've been watching Sullivan promos all night. He's so incredible and other worldly in Florida. He feels like a real life cult leader just stumbled into pro wrestling and decided it was his thing now.
sdadsasda8wklc.gif

and he popped blackjack's wife

I can't feel bad for Storm. He takes any offer WWE gives him for NXT, he's with his buddies. Instead he asked for more than they'd ever realistically give him at this point and now he's stuck in TNA at best.

Also, didn't think it'd happen at a house show but like I said for a while, this basically makes it certain Balor/Styles is Happening. Face Roman....wait for it.....Reigns. Then. Now. Forever.

Storm screwed Storm.

miserable

I have long been claiming that “Pro-wrestling is a competition of winning three counts from the opponent, and it is by no means a ‘stunning contest’ where you stir up the crowd with series of dangerous moves.”
When I had the chance to fight in other promotions, I got worried watching exchange of dangerous moves on the apron and head-first moves outside the ring, which even seemed way too dangerous from a wrestler’s perspective. And since then, I’ve been raising an alarm at these actions.
When wrestlers turn to dangerous moves, the fans will be immune to them. An exchange of normal moves wouldn’t be enough to excite the fans, and wrestlers will turn to even more dangerous moves. Both the wrestlers and the viewers will be desensitized, leading the former to be driven in to the corner. Exchange of dangerous moves just keeps on escalating.
Punching the opponent until he coughs up blood, dropping the opponent head-first with a suplex he can’t take bump to… You must put an end to the never-ending spiral of dangerous moves.
And they are usually babyface vs babyface matches that tend to have no theme and result in exchange of dangerous moves for the sake of getting crowd reaction. And the rise of MMA also had effect on excessive use of dangerous moves. Wrestlers thought they had to appeal to the fans that wrestling is as intense as MMA.
But wrestling is supposed to be exciting in more other ways. From the viewer’s perspective, you can’t tell which to root for if you see two men in the same black pants with same black hair on the ring. The matchup is an un-friendly one for the first-timers.
And if you look at matches where I face Toru Yano and Iizuka, the crowd reacts really well in any venue. They can tell at first glance that I’m the good guy and that they’re the bad guys. The comprehensibility of appearance is really important, and pro-wrestling must value those points.

This is from Tanahashi's book which i'd love to read. Is it available in english?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
That's why he's the ace of the universe. His matches with Yano were some of his best matches of last year.

Way better than his matches with Okada tbqh

Top Bottom