• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

klonere

Banned
Mic workers all time based off what I've seen and liked, all in their primes (no catchphrase Austin, modern day Flair or BIG DUST at the end of JCP)

1. Flair
2. Austin
3. Cornette
4. Dusty
5. Arn

Modern day

1. McGregor
2. Heyman
3. Cena
4. Enzo
5. Owens

Modern day is tough to judge. Different standards, different constraints, different audience.

klonere

Banned
NXT-02-2.gif

I have reconsidered. I have sold some stock, but still maintain an investment.

Very very light NXT spoilers

He gets a new finisher, don't worry

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So fuck the majority of fans during The Attitude Era, because those mother fuckers were popping entire arenas everywhere they went.

And yeah it was very of the time. It's all pretty fucking stupid. Only good part now is watching Scotty wrestle.

EDIT: actually yeah, definitely fuck Attitude Era fans. They were pretty terrible people.

AE fans are a rough crowd of young adults that worship south park, and terrible people.

You call Too Cool trash, but hype the Ascension? You've lost your mind, friend

They're completely different. If you're not an aristocratic illuminati vampire, why bother?

Kaladin

Fave Five on the mic? How you doin?

1. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
2. And that's the bottom line cause Stone Cold said so.
3. Bang bang!!!!
4. Stone Cold is shaking hands with Satan himself!
5. Yoooooooooour Fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiired

Man God

Non-Canon Member
So much South Park. South Park signs everywhere. That one fat dude in The Oddities even wore a Cartman shirt.

The Canadian Earthquake. John Tenta. Also a Shark and an Avalanche. He lost so much weight to become a legitimate sumo wrestler that Vince thought he didn't look large enough to go out there as Earthquake so he stuck that bag over his head.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Love Earthquake. He was such a great dude at nearly everything. Natural Disasters was a little bit of a low point because FaceQuake doesn't do it for me, and the Oddities stint was terrible.

Mahonay

Banned
The Canadian Earthquake. John Tenta. Also a Shark and an Avalanche. He lost so much weight to become a legitimate sumo wrestler that Vince thought he didn't look large enough to go out there as Earthquake so he stuck that bag over his head.
Fuck me, that's John Tenta? Damn. Vince WTF is wrong with you.

I need another Iron Man match for the hype package.

HBK Upside Down Pushups will pop a rating.
They did a training montage for the Bayley vs Sasha Ironman match. It was amazing.

Zach

Fave Five on the mic? How you doin?

1. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
2. And that's the bottom line cause Stone Cold said so.
3. Bang bang!!!!
4. Stone Cold is shaking hands with Satan himself!
5. Yoooooooooour Fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiired

4. Good pick.
5. Your?!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Trying to remember the exact point that The New Day made the switch to heels and got themselves over. Anyone have an idea?

Raw after Wrestlemania is when the tides shifted, last year

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Earthquake was a big, fat, IMPRESSIVE slob. That's the difference. I remember watching him murder Hulk Hogan on tv when I was a wee lad. Great selling by Hogan too, whenever that guy was out the door for a movie you could expect him to put over whomever big, and Quake was no exception.

Zach

As long as we're talking about Earthquake here and not The Shark / John Tenta. That whole run vs The Boss Man was atrocious.

Yeah, most def. And speaking of Boss Man, it's somewhat impressive that he rebounded so well in the WWF after his terrible WCW run. I mean, I'm still not a fan, but he's definitely being handled much better.

Kaladin

I don't think Earthquake would get over today, when wrestling is becoming more about work rate than larger than life spectacle. Earthquake was great at that though, he got the whole larger than life thing and he was a very impressive big man.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, most def. And speaking of Boss Man, it's somewhat impressive that he rebounded so well in the WWF after his terrible WCW run. I mean, I'm still not a fan, but he's definitely being handled much better.

The Guardian Angel was a low point

Zach

Isn't this majority of the people complaining about the product right now?

I dunno, but they both suck in their own way. The Attitude Era was pure trash. This Era (that's the new name: "This Era") is oftentimes a contrived, long-winded, overwrought, over-produced, boring slog.

But we keep watching for the Foleys and the Nakamuras.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Face Boss Man dismantling the Heenan Family

Heel Boss Man as Vince's goon in the Attitude era.

All other incarnations...meh. Those top two though....

Top Bottom