• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

Kaladin

I knew they wouldn't give us a finish this soon but they did give us the perfect finish anyway.

I'm surprised they even got to that match this soon.

They're having the monster run through everyone in short order.

Speaking of the monster, I'm still not sure how I feel about his character. It's basiclly if you took Jason from Friday the 13th and made him a wrestler. Hardly anything works on him and when it does, it only rocks him a bit.

I do love some of the genius counters he has with this, like in the match against Fenix, but he no sells a lot of things that you wouldn't get away with in a character who was 100% human.

DMczaf

FgMt5af.png

Is...is he shooting the single!?

I know this is hours old at this point but I was at the NXT house show in Lowell last night so i'll post some of my thoughts.

- Pop for Bayley was huge, brought my wife with me who is not a wrestling fan at all and she was blown away by how loud the crowd was.
- Tomasso Ciampa and Chris Girard stole the show, match was fantastic bell to bell.
- Austin Aries got some good chants but man he needs better music, no one knew who was coming out when his music it, it's just so generic. Match was really good though, his opponent Manny was getting a lot of cheers.
- Elias Sampson came out to mega heat, tried to play a song and the boos were so loud I couldn't make out anything. The pop for Shinsuke was deafening. Match was just okay.
- Gable and Jordan/Dawson and Dash got the crowd going again after intermission. Great match, honestly probably better than Takeover:Dallas. Dawson and Dash are such a great heel tag team. Spot where Dash fell over the ropes to distract the referee from seeing the hot tag. Lot's of great chants, dueling "Which one's Dawson? Which one's Dash" chants.
- Alexa Bliss and Asuka was pretty meh. Most interesting thing about the match was the guy behind me saying "Alexa Bliss' ass is the best thing that happened to me all day."
- Joe and Balor. Crowd was hot for Joe's entrance and Balor's entrance. Started off slow but picked up. Crowd went nuts for the finish. We were all in shock at the title change but it was an awesome feeling to be there. Glad I got to see Finn live before he (presumably) goes up to the main roster. Plus seeing Joe win the belt live is a memory I always get to have.

Sephzilla

Even though Austin shouldn't have walked out on the company he had every right to put up a stink about losing to Brock in a fucking KOTR qualifier

klonere

Banned
I know this is hours old at this point but I was at the NXT house show in Lowell last night so i'll post some of my thoughts.

- Pop for Bayley was huge, brought my wife with me who is not a wrestling fan at all and she was blown away by how loud the crowd was.
- Tomasso Ciampa and Chris Girard stole the show, match was fantastic bell to bell.
- Austin Aries got some good chants but man he needs better music, no one knew who was coming out when his music it, it's just so generic. Match was really good though, his opponent Manny was getting a lot of cheers.
- Elias Sampson came out to mega heat, tried to play a song and the boos were so loud I couldn't make out anything. The pop for Shinsuke was deafening. Match was just okay.
- Gable and Jordan/Dawson and Dash got the crowd going again after intermission. Great match, honestly probably better than Takeover:Dallas. Dawson and Dash are such a great heel tag team. Spot where Dash fell over the ropes to distract the referee from seeing the hot tag. Lot's of great chants, dueling "Which one's Dawson? Which one's Dash" chants.
- Alexa Bliss and Asuka was pretty meh. Most interesting thing about the match was the guy behind me saying "Alexa Bliss' ass is the best thing that happened to me all day."
- Joe and Balor. Crowd was hot for Joe's entrance and Balor's entrance. Started off slow but picked up. Crowd went nuts for the finish. We were all in shock at the title change but it was an awesome feeling to be there. Glad I got to see Finn live before he (presumably) goes up to the main roster. Plus seeing Joe win the belt live is a memory I always get to have.

All I can say is

I'm very very very very very very very very jealous

Top 5 worst booking decisions of all time?

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I know this discussion ended like 2 pages ago but whatever. I LOVED Too Cool back in the day. Loved them. Sitting at home watching I always went crazy for them and The Worm was the best thing ever. We all tried to do the worm at school. They were over as fuck. It was a great time. Fuck all you guys shitting on them.

I know this discussion ended like 2 pages ago but whatever. I LOVED Too Cool back in the day. Loved them. Sitting at home watching I always went crazy for them and The Worm was the best thing ever. We all tried to do the worm at school. They were over as fuck. It was a great time. Fuck all you guys shitting on them.

"All you guys" is a bit of an exagerattion

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

This is crazy talk. How could you love them? I just don't understand

Sephzilla

The amazingly weird thing about the Attitude Era was that it felt like pretty much all of the major tag teams were pretty damn over.

Kaladin

I am happy of Joe who literally had to dig himself out of a hole to get himself back to this point.

Remember this? Did anyone think after this Joe would be where he is today?

I always had hope, but never thought Joe would find his smile again. He lost it years ago in TNA. I thought they had drained all the give a fuck out of him.

Funny how all it takes is a company that cares about and knows talent when they see it.

He's not quite ROH / original TNA run Joe, but he's back.

10 times wrestling got real

3 of them are New Jack.

New Jack's just a cunt. Also, my favourite is when The Sheik (Sabu's uncle) was booked to face Lou Thesz - he knew Lou hated gimmick wrestlers, he knew Lou would stretch him, so just before his match was due to start he ran out into the parking lot and hid beneath his car until the show was over. Funnily enough, he managed to turn it to his advantage as ducking the NWA champion just made him all the more hated outside of Detroit.

Fav 5 worst booking decisions of all time?

sixpack:

- Finger poke of doom
- Steph being owner of ecw during the invasion
- david arquette as wcw champion
- hogan/warrior wcw
- cena/nexus
- Kevin Nash/CM Punk

I was going to say Dusty as Jim Crockett promotions booker, but I don't think that was entirely foreseeable. Same with Russo, people thought he was the genius when all his terrible ideas were being filtered out. There's also longer term ones like the mismanagement of flair/hogan.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
The cool thing that came from the IC ladder match this year is that next year when they have another one, they can make it seem like just about anyone can believably win it.

What jobber will hold the title for a day this year? Could be a fun angle.

klonere

Banned
sixpack:

- Finger poke of doom
- Steph being owner of ecw during the invasion
- david arquette as wcw champion
- hogan/warrior wcw
- cena/nexus
- Kevin Nash/CM Punk

I was going to say Dusty as Jim Crockett promotions booker, but I don't think that was entirely foreseeable. Same with Russo, people thought he was the genius when all his terrible ideas were being filtered out. There's also longer term ones like the mismanagement of flair/hogan.

That's a pretty solid list. Dusty just went off the rails at the end due to ego and actually had a nice run for a time so I'd agree with keeping it off the list. Russo being kept by Dixie after Spike is up there but I don't think it counts as a booking decision, just awful personnel management.

For me it'd be

- Inoki sending his guys to death by shooter
- Seth Rollins title reign
- HHH beats Booker T
- Del Rio ends Cena US title run
- Cena over Rusev at WM31

So many more that I am leaving out but those are the foremost in my mind.

Face Boss Man dismantling the Heenan Family

Heel Boss Man as Vince's goon in the Attitude era.

All other incarnations...meh. Those top two though....
Was it you I was talking about Bossman's size last week or someone else?

But it's crazy JR mentioned on commentary, "He's a big guy, 6'6, 300lbs but he doesn't look like it next to the big show."

Show looked so great in the 90s because he wasn't huge fat like he is now. You could see his definition and it makes Bossman look even more dwarf like but I can finally see how big Bossman really is. He always looked small to me.

I just got done listening to Ross and Cornette review Mania and Cornette talks about how Bossman ascended to the main event faster than anyone. Damn.

That's a pretty solid list. Dusty just went off the rails at the end due to ego and actually had a nice run for a time so I'd agree with keeping it off the list. Russo being kept by Dixie after Spike is up there but I don't think it counts as a booking decision, just awful personnel management.

I was talking about when Russo joined WCW. He sold him and his friend as the sole architects of the attitude era.

For me it'd be

- Inoki sending his guys to death by shooter
- Seth Rollins title reign
- HHH beats Booker T
- Del Rio ends Cena US title run
- Cena over Rusev at WM31

So many more that I am leaving out but those are the foremost in my mind.

Oh my god I can't believe I forgot that one, it was one of the worst ever. You cannot do a racist angle and have the racist win. Unbelievable. I'm surprised book didn't walk out of the company.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Was it you I was talking about Bossman's size last week or someone else?

But it's crazy JR mentioned on commentary, "He's a big guy, 6'6, 300lbs but he doesn't look like it next to the big show."

Show looked so great in the 90s because he wasn't huge fat like he is now. You could see his definition and it makes Bossman look even more dwarf like but I can finally see how big Bossman really is. He always looked small to me.

I just got done listening to Ross and Cornette review Mania and Cornette talks about how Bossman ascended to the main event faster than anyone. Damn.

It was me. Big Show is in a 4 on 1 SS match in 1999 and Big Boss Man is the smallest person in the ring...but still absolutely massive. The other members of his team are Mideon, Viscera, and Albert, all of whom are gigantic.

It was me. Big Show is in a 4 on 1 SS match in 1999 and Big Boss Man is the smallest person in the ring...but still absolutely massive. The other members of his team are Mideon, Viscera, and Albert, all of whom are gigantic.
I'll get to that match by next week. I never really realised how big Viscera was either until yesterday. Height wise. I wish I could've seen some of these guys when I was just a kid(in person) so I could be amazed at their size but being in high school with so many 6'6,6'7 guys it makes it not so "wow".

Top Bottom