• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I don't understand why people think the Drifter has Go-Away Heat. He's a competent enough wrestler and he's deliberately supposed to be annoying and bad at singing.

I'm pretty sure I could fill this with just matches from WrestleMania 32

I could fill it just with Kane, and I will!

1. Trips going over super face Kane at No Mercy 2002 in the title unification match, I will be forever bitter, also the feud that gave us Katie Vick, my deepest Kane lore tarnished forever!
2. When WWE realised "oh shit we have no heels for Bryan to feud with!" after WM30 and hastily reverted Kane to Demon mode for a feud that ignored their entire tag team history in favour of Brie Bella screaming.
3. Unmasked Kane going to waste immediately after the Shane O Mac feud, some would point to that feud being the immediate killer of Kane in 2003 but really it was everything after that.
4. Bringing back Masked Kane for the first time in years to be immediately fed to Cena in a feud that could have actually teased some interesting angles for Cena but they were never going to happen because he was already set to face Rock at mania 28.
5. MAY 19th!

HM: never winning a rumble

I'm surprised they even got to that match this soon.

They're having the monster run through everyone in short order.

Speaking of the monster, I'm still not sure how I feel about his character. It's basiclly if you took Jason from Friday the 13th and made him a wrestler. Hardly anything works on him and when it does, it only rocks him a bit.

I do love some of the genius counters he has with this, like in the match against Fenix, but he no sells a lot of things that you wouldn't get away with in a character who was 100% human.

I don't know, I'm not digging it. I feel like once you bring in "unbeatable" forces it becomes very hard to use them long term once they've lost. At least with how they're using Matanza.

It could just be I'm a little down on this season a bit. Stuff is starting to feel a bit like a slog with usually one high point match each episode instead of balance. Also just not digging the triples tag champion stuff, or marty the moth / mack / sexy star story.

Cagey

Banned
rsz_19759_-_brock_lesnar_hat_king_of_the_ring_match_card_paul_heyman_smiling_stone_cold_steve_austin_suit_wwe.png

That match, decision, walkaway, etc. is the one thing where Austin gets Bret Hart-esque.

You're Stone Cold fucking Steve Austin. You can lose that match. It doesn't matter. The match is fine. Austin was a bitch.

Roman reigns booking might be the worst booking desion wwe has done in the last 10 years.

tumblr_o05c82ZC7g1tuub8ro2_r4_250.gif

1. Trips going over super face Kane at No Mercy 2002 in the title unification match, I will be forever bitter, also the feud that gave us Katie Vick, my deepest Kane lore tarnished forever!
2. When WWE realised "oh shit we have no heels for Bryan to feud with!" after WM30 and hastily reverted Kane to Demon mode for a feud that ignored their entire tag team history in favour of Brie Bella screaming.
3. Unmasked Kane going to waste immediately after the Shane O Mac feud, some would point to that feud being the immediate killer of Kane in 2003 but really it was everything after that.
4. Bringing back Masked Kane for the first time in years to be immediately fed to Cena in a feud that could have actually teased some interesting angles for Cena but they were never going to happen because he was already set to face Rock at mania 28.
5. MAY 19th!

I was like, why is there so much Kane in this post then I looked up. It never fails. Ha!

Speaking of Ha! Cornette said he'd love to manage Ziggler, also he called him like the second coming of Mr. Perfect. I need to check his temperature.

Kaladin

“The History of the Hardcore Championship: 24/7” has now officially been scheduled — the anticipated Home Video release is due to hit the UK and Europe first on September 5th, following just one day later to fans in the United States on September 6th.

This one will be jam-packed with more than 50 different matches and moments, with a total Blu-ray runtime not far off 9 hours! Between some of the content there’s also slated to be documentary-like video packages looking at milestones in the title’s tenure (think 24/7 and WrestleMania X-Seven) and of course its most Hardcore holders (think Steve Blackman and Crash Holly).

The Hardcore Championship was active between 1998 and 2002, thus the new DVD/Blu-ray set will feature matches from those five years.

Fuck yeah I want that.

Anth0ny

That match, decision, walkaway, etc. is the one thing where Austin gets Bret Hart-esque.

You're Stone Cold fucking Steve Austin. You can lose that match. It doesn't matter. The match is fine. Austin was a bitch.

had nothing to do with doing the job

he WASN'T DIGGIN THE CREATIVE, VINCE

giving away that dream match on raw with no build is dumb as fuck. that could have been the wrestlemania main event with a year of build.

Kaladin

That sounds like fun. Be cool if they got commentary from Raven since he's held the title 27 times. Or something like that, I think even more.

That was my favorite part about the Hardcore Title with the 24/7 rule. You could have so many title changes people held it for 20 + times.

Wikipedia says there were 240 hardcore champions.

240 in an almost 5 year period.

Zach

5. MAY 19th!

What about Kane debuting impressively and then losing to The Undertaker like 30 times in a row?

That was my favorite part about the Hardcore Title with the 24/7 rule. You could have so many title changes people held it for 20 + times.

That's amazing. Did it use to change on house shows? Would be funny seeing the champ on Smackdown then have raw air with someone else having the belt.

Some times, that was the best part of those shows man. As a kid for me especially the randomness was just fun. The title was so over, how could people love a low level title that much. Being the hardcore champion really meant something.

Kaladin

That's amazing. Did it use to change on house shows? Would be funny seeing the champ on Smackdown then have raw air with someone else having the belt.

Often, I think they even had multiple title changes in one house show run only to give it back to the guy that had it on the last TV show once.

Some times, that was the best part of those shows man. As a kid for me especially the randomness was just fun. The title was so over, how could people love a low level title that much. Being the hardcore champion really meant something.
Wasn't pat Patterson the champ once? Lol. Think he pinned crash while he was taking a nap.

Sephzilla

I think Austin had no problem putting over Brock but he felt it should have been bigger than a KOTR qualifier, and he was right.

Luschient

What the hell was the rationale for having Bret Hart beat Flair for the title on a house show way back when?

That's a main-event PPV match, especially if the title is switching hands.

5. MAY 19th!

I know that Bryan winning was a late call and Bryan's health crapped out anyway but this was made for a feud with Bray. Plus Bray going over Cena would've put him to top heel overnight (maybe 2nd to Brock).

Barrage

It's not hypocrisy to sour on a guy who's going through the motions and isn't hungry anymore.

That goes for Ambrose as well as Ziggler.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I know that Bryan winning was a late call and Bryan's health crapped out anyway but this was made for a feud with Bray. Plus Bray going over Cena would've put him to top heel overnight (maybe 2nd to Brock).

...did you forget that Bryan lost the feud with Bray at Royal Rumble less than 2 months before WM30?

Interesting, I need to find this. I feel I'm the last Ziggler mark left.
“As a single, one of my favorite guys, I just like to watch him. If I watch WWE, chances are it’s because Dolph Ziggler’s involved because we had him in OVW. I knew he was a good athlete, [but] I never dreamed he was going to be the second coming of Curt Hennig. Everything he does is flawless. I think all aspiring wrestlers should watch his, not only his technique, but also the way he throws himself into everything. His stuff is spot on. His timing is great. His stuff looks good. I can’t find a flaw in his game. I’m a big Dolph Ziggler fan. They don’t do jack all with him.”

If you watch the podcast, I think it's around 50 minutes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvWx7eNsuvo

Wasn't pat Patterson the champ once? Lol. Think he pinned crash while he was taking a nap.
He was the oldest as well lol. It was hilarious.

5. MAY 19th!

Agreed almost completely (I'd add Fake Kane to HM)

Top five worst booking decisions and no mention of Hogan v Sting at Starcade? Are we just counting WWE? If not I am disappoint.

had nothing to do with doing the job

he WASN'T DIGGIN THE CREATIVE, VINCE

giving away that dream match on raw with no build is dumb as fuck. that could have been the wrestlemania main event with a year of build.

Exactly, Austin v Brock should've been a PPV headline, they didn't need to give it away on freeish TV. They weren't deserate for ratings like WCW was for stupidly giving away Hogan v Goldberg (which should've been the death knell for the nWo) on Nitro.

Nekofrog

Banned
i still don't get how Sting vs Hogan wasn't a complete blow off squash match to end the nWo for at least 3 months of happy WCW times before the new big bad came around

and why is bischoff always so coy in his interviews as to why they didn't just do the right finish? "well sting didn't show up in the best shape... " "sting's heart wasn't there at the time..."

like he never says "we did it because Hogan didn't want to job clean and get squashed" which we know is likely the case

i still don't get how Sting vs Hogan wasn't a complete blow off squash match to end the nWo for at least 3 months of happy WCW times before the new big bad came around

and why is bischoff always so coy in his interviews as to why they didn't just do the right finish? "well sting didn't show up in the best shape... " "sting's heart wasn't there at the time..."

like he never says "we did it because Hogan didn't want to job clean and get squashed" which we know is likely the case

Sting vs Goldberg would have been amazing at Starcade 98

Top Bottom