• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

the stone gargoyles that come to life? i only tried it once but two targets shooting at me at the same time made me nope out, especially with what looked like 4 other statues that could come to life too. is that where i should be? is that the "you're in the right place, you just suck" that i was talking about?

He's referring to something down the line, but yeah, that's where you need to be.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Zach likes Deadly Games and dislikes most of the rest of those shows...so it shows him to be a man of taste.

Maybe HH 98 is too high, but then again it has the first really great main event in WCW since Wargames 1996, though even that should be downgraded because of all the people who paid for it missed it.

Sephzilla

the stone gargoyles that come to life? i only tried it once but two targets shooting at me at the same time made me nope out, especially with what looked like 4 other statues that could come to life too. is that where i should be? is that the "you're in the right place, you just suck" that i was talking about?

Yeah, you'll need to beat those guys.

Zach

Zach likes Deadly Games and dislikes most of the rest of those shows...so it shows him to be a man of taste.

Maybe HH 98 is too high, but then again it has the first really great main event in WCW since Wargames 1996, though even that should be downgraded because of all the people who paid for it missed it.

Hey, don't call me "a man of taste"! I will eventually betray you!

Oh, it sounds like I already have. And I only grade based off of my experience; I don't care what happened to some sucker in 1998.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Hey, don't call me "a man of taste"! I will eventually betray you!

Oh, it sounds like I already have. And I only grade based off of my experience; I don't care what happened to some sucker in 1998.

Look at it this way, it's a symptom of having a show that's about AN HOUR TOO LONG and with a sub main event that is among the worst high profile matches ever.

I had a dream where I went to a wrestling show that had 3 rings and I got excited that the World War 3 match was coming back. I was sitting next to Becky Lynch who was sick and I woke up before I could ask her if Liquidsnake got her ill.

I really like Gargano/Ciampa's WCW jobber entrance theme in NXT.

Even if she was sick bro.........like deathly.............

Zach

Man, I gave the infamous Halloween Havoc '98 a C+?

I don't know about being a man of taste, but I'm definitely a man of character. Three cheers for Zach!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Man, I gave the infamous Halloween Havoc '98 a C+?

I don't know about being a man of taste, but I'm definitely a man of character. Three cheers for Zach!

Like I said though there's a certain novelty in having a post Hogan WCW main event that actually delivers. There's like...three of them. Bash at the Beach 1996, Fallbrawl 1996, Halloween Havoc 1998.

Recall

Goldberg vs DDP was incredible. I loved it.

The latest episode of lapsed fan nwo special is borked. The opening 30 mins loop twice. Someone fucked up.

Recall

The clash of champions are shows I've never seen beyond the very first one and the one with Flair vs Funk in 89. I want to watch them all.

Menome

Arkham Knight was good, but still the weakest of the series. Even with tank-toggle-mode, the Batmobile sections were the worst part of that game.

Heck, the boss driving-battle in the tunnels
with Arkham Knight driving the drilling-machine
is one of the most un-fun sections of gaming I've ever experienced. Complete shit. Thankfully didn't last too long.

As for Dark Souls III, I'm 60 hours in and enjoying it. Still a toss-up between Dark Souls and Bloodborne for the best of the series though unless III pulls something completely amazing out of the hat in the last quarter of the game.

The series does need a rest though. As it's the last game of their contract with Bandai-Namco, that breathing space should be available now.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I don't have a fave five bad booking decisions, but I still think the dumbest ending to a match is Randy Savage losing the Royal Rumble becuase he forgets you can't pin Yokozuna in the match.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So WWE has that 'on the road' show they do on the WWE Network. And it got me thinking. Why doesn't WWE use their Network shows as a way to further storyline feuds or even build up feuds while they finish others on the main show? I mean, WWE seems to have this lazy as fuck 'never protect your character if you're not on Raw or a PPV' shit that just really kills pro wrestling for me. I've always known it's fake, but WWE treats it like a switch and are so half assed about it that it's like there's no reason to watch anything other than the main shows. If you're not going to have the Network Exclusive shows tie into the main show storyline, what's even the point of watching them?

Sometimes I think I'm an old man who actually cares about wrestling storylines and wants to see SOMEBODY attempt to make them feel real or at least show that they care about it. Why doesn't Dean Ambrose get beat up at the gas station on a random episode of Ride along?
Kf0xQGK.gif

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Pwinside is now saying taker got pulled off eu tour cos of the recent terror attacks n he didn't wanna go.

Ffs these dirt sheets constant change posts first saying at mania he said was last match etc lol

Sephzilla

I'd rather WWE remember how to further more storylines right on their actual TV show before branching out into the Network with storyline stuff.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Why doesn't Table for Three end with a heel smashing the glass over one of the faces heads?

That's how WCW would have done it

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Meltzer says that NJPW is already offering Ospreay a regular contract for obvious reasons: they're concerned WWE will poach him (which they almost assuredly will eventually anyways).

My opinion on it is half this
I'd rather WWE remember how to further more storylines right on their actual TV show before branching out into the Network with storyline stuff.

and half "I want to see people have fun". At least eventually

Say whatever the fuck you want about the Edge and Christian show (pilot was rough but everything since has been good imo), but they sure as shit look like they're having more fun doing it than they did romancing Vickie or constantly losing to Randy Orton.

Shit storylines you can't put your heart into will be shit forever. Having fun with your best friends and talking about anything? That's going to be fun forever. I know which one I'd rather hear/watch

Zach

I don't have a fave five bad booking decisions, but I still think the dumbest ending to a match is Randy Savage losing the Royal Rumble becuase he forgets you can't pin Yokozuna in the match.

Heh. It's kind of cute, though... >_>

WCW? I'd be at the Nitro after Halloween Havoc

WWF? I just watched that one RAW...

Which Halloween Havoc? '95? Wasn't that the one you were watching not long ago?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The problem is they half-ass kayfabe on stuff like Ridealong

like the Ambrose one he was talking about how he hates Stephanie or whatever and it's like, if you're gonna commit to it, either go all the way kayfabe or don't at all.

Zach

So WWE has that 'on the road' show they do on the WWE Network. And it got me thinking. Why doesn't WWE use their Network shows as a way to further storyline feuds or even build up feuds while they finish others on the main show? I mean, WWE seems to have this lazy as fuck 'never protect your character if you're not on Raw or a PPV' shit that just really kills pro wrestling for me. I've always known it's fake, but WWE treats it like a switch and are so half assed about it that it's like there's no reason to watch anything other than the main shows. If you're not going to have the Network Exclusive shows tie into the main show storyline, what's even the point of watching them?

Sometimes I think I'm an old man who actually cares about wrestling storylines and wants to see SOMEBODY attempt to make them feel real or at least show that they care about it. Why doesn't Dean Ambrose get beat up at the gas station on a random episode of Ride along?
Kf0xQGK.gif

Yes to your long-winded post! Yes to the gif! Yes to everything, Data West!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Pwinside is now saying taker got pulled off eu tour cos of the recent terror attacks n he didn't wanna go.

Ffs these dirt sheets constant change posts first saying at mania he said was last match etc lol

Terror attacks? Huh. Well, uh...okay. He's da undatakah, though.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
If you did a table for three with Hogan, John Tenta and Tugboat, it would have ended with an Earthquake Splash THROUGH the table

Mubbed

I hope Shibata vs. Naito is the Wrestle Kingdom main event. Okada can spend some time with the Intercontinental title and he can have his endless rematches with Tanahashi that way too.

Top Bottom