• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

Zach

I had demon souls when it launched on my ps3 but I kind of fell out of gaming for a while and never played it beyond 30 minutes.

I bought dark souls 1 a week ago and I play it for like an hour each night but I'm starting to feel like I'll stop soon as I can't find an area after that castle thing that doesn't have enemies that only take like 20 damage from my attacks.

I spent an hour last night running through a swampy forest area killing trees just fine then I run into these big giant sleeping armor guys that I have to run past to get to a giant floating butterfly that I can almost kill but run out of pyro spells to bring it down for my axe hits and I don't have the dex to use a bow so I think I'm fucked and am in the wrong area of the game

I don't want to grind souls for dexterity
This doesn't sound fun. I'll just keep playing Sunset Overdrive (which has been a lot of fun on my second go).

Adree

I had a dream where I went to a wrestling show that had 3 rings and I got excited that the World War 3 match was coming back. I was sitting next to Becky Lynch who was sick and I woke up before I could ask her if Liquidsnake got her ill.

I really like Gargano/Ciampa's WCW jobber entrance theme in NXT.

Recall

Dude, the match he had against Jericho at WM17 should've been a show stealer but it came up way short. Regal was the man and it too them too long to realize it. Then my man fucked himself failing the drug test.

He always is so open and honest about his own pitfalls and demons, I think he knows himself he could have offered more.

On that Table for 3 on the Network he did it seems to him as long as people are laughing and having fun then it was worth his time.

Anth0ny

Batmobile ruins Knight. Asylum still the best of the three.

I also feel Dark Souls fatigue, and that's coming from someone who thinks Dark Souls is the game of the generation from last gen. Dark Souls is such a massive game that they could have not released another Souls game since and I know I'd still be discovering new things. Maybe it's the Zelda fan in me, but when you put out such an awesome, huge, polished experience like that, I don't mind waiting another 5 years for the next, awesome, huge polished experience in the franchise.

Souls is the LAST franchise that needs to be annualized. I just fucking finished Bloodborne, I have zero desire to play Dark Souls 3. And when I started Bloodborne I just fucking finished Dark Souls 2! It's ridiculous.

tldr fuck kideo games

Zach

I find it crazy that Regal never had a stellar longer match on a PPV. He had entertaining matches sure but never a match you could point to and say, watch that! (Except of course the match vs Benoit at the Pillman memorial show).

I remember as a child that all I ever wanted was for my favourites to win and a great time was had if they did.

I imagine he had some great matches on WCW PPVs, right? I don't recall anything off the top of my head, but who can?!

Nekofrog

Banned
This doesn't sound fun. I'll just keep playing Sunset Overdrive (which has been a lot of fun on my second go).

i undersell it. it's really fun exploring, but you get to points where the game has let you explore so much that you don't know where you're supposed to be going appropriate for your level. i really need a "no, stupid, GO THIS WAY" prompt every few hours because sometimes it feels like i've been everywhere i'm allowed to go and i still can't do anything damage-wise to normal looking mobs.

i'm not asking for a map, i'm not asking for messages to pop up and tell me what to do and where to go. i'm weird. i 100% hate open world games where you can do anything (modern WRPGs), but I also hate games that tell you explicitly "go here! do this! follow marker on map to get prize!". i just want something in the middle that nudges you in the right direction so even when you are getting overwhelmed the game could find a way of saying "no no, you're actually in the right place, you just suck at the game right now". i don't feel like doing 20 damage to enemies with my heavy attack is any indicator of this, and it happens everywhere i go so i think i'm done with the game

shanafan

tumblr_muqeug6DRQ1qcluu2o1_250.gif

Kelly Kelly, how I missed thee.

Sephzilla

Batmobile ruins Knight. Asylum still the best of the three.

I also feel Dark Souls fatigue, and that's coming from someone who thinks Dark Souls is the game of the generation from last gen. Dark Souls is such a massive game that they could have not released another Souls game since and I know I'd still be discovering new things. Maybe it's the Zelda fan in me, but when you put out such an awesome, huge, polished experience like that, I don't mind waiting another 5 years for the next, awesome, huge polished experience in the franchise.

Souls is the LAST franchise that needs to be annualized. I just fucking finished Bloodborne, I have zero desire to play Dark Souls 3. And when I started Bloodborne I just fucking finished Dark Souls 2! It's ridiculous.

tldr fuck kideo games

They basically need to get away from Bamco

Zach

I have seen that one from a Nitro where they had a wild parking lot brawl.

I never saw much of Regal's WCW career. Beyond now watching the odd PPV on the network.
I'm guessing this was awesome:

SuperBrawl IV
Lord Steven Regal (c) (with Sir William) vs. Arn Anderson
Singles match for the WCW World Television Championship 29:54

Not sure, but probably. Half an hour with two all-time greats, daddeh.

Recall

I'm guessing this was awesome:

SuperBrawl IV
Lord Steven Regal (c) (with Sir William) vs. Arn Anderson
Singles match for the WCW World Television Championship 29:54

Not sure, but probably. Half an hour with two all-time greats, daddeh.

Sounds ace.

All the SuperBrawls are fun. More fun than Starrcade.

Zach

i undersell it. it's really fun exploring, but you get to points where the game has let you explore so much that you don't know where you're supposed to be going appropriate for your level. i really need a "no, stupid, GO THIS WAY" prompt every few hours because sometimes it feels like i've been everywhere i'm allowed to go and i still can't do anything damage-wise to normal looking mobs.

i'm not asking for a map, i'm not asking for messages to pop up and tell me what to do and where to go. i'm weird. i 100% hate open world games where you can do anything (modern WRPGs), but I also hate games that tell you explicitly "go here! do this! follow marker on map to get prize!". i just want something in the middle that nudges you in the right direction so even when you are getting overwhelmed the game could find a way of saying "no no, you're actually in the right place, you just suck at the game right now". i don't feel like doing 20 damage to enemies with my heavy attack is any indicator of this, and it happens everywhere i go so i think i'm done with the game
Yeah, I think this would be overwhelming. I like no direction/hand-holding for something like The Witness, but I probably wouldn't enjoy it in a game where you can get your face wrecked. It would be cool if you could turn on a Dead Space-y waypoint thing by clicking in the stick or something, but I guess that wouldn't be extreeeme enough.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The Lapsed Fan is talking about one of my favorite things in the world, how the NWO should have ended.

The scary thing is...WCW had all the pieces and even did most of them...just with horrible execution.

Sting beats Hogan and Bret Hart gets involved. This should lead to a Real World's Champion feud with Sting looking like a million bucks and Hogan put in his place.

Hogan and Savage break apart the NWO into two separate factions and have their first ever real feud in WCW.

Someone kicks Bischoffs head in.

Goldberg beats the entire NWO more or less in a battle royal.

ALL THESE THINGS HAPPENED yet all of them are executed terribly.

Sting looks like a chump and doesn't have a feud with Bret Hart in any timely manner. Hogan gets the belt back four months later.

Savage is injured and Nash leads an NWO...with Sting and Luger in it, the last two people on the planet who should be joining an NWO. Thankfully DDP doesn't join as well.

Zbysko kicks Bischoff's head in...but the NWO is almost as ever present in 1998 as it was in 1997.

Golberg beats Hogan for the belt and then a bit later the entire NWO...while Hogan is goofing off with celebrities/warrior in the main event.

Fox318

The Lapsed Fan is talking about one of my favorite things in the world, how the NWO should have ended.

The scary thing is...WCW had all the pieces and even did most of them...just with horrible execution.

Sting beats Hogan and Bret Hart gets involved. This should lead to a Real World's Champion feud with Sting looking like a million bucks and Hogan put in his place.

Hogan and Savage break apart the NWO into two separate factions and have their first ever real feud in WCW.

Someone kicks Bischoffs head in.

Goldberg beats the entire NWO more or less in a battle royal.

ALL THESE THINGS HAPPENED yet all of them are executed terribly.

Sting looks like a chump and doesn't have a feud with Bret Hart in any timely manner. Hogan gets the belt back four months later.

Savage is injured and Nash leads an NWO...with Sting and Luger in it, the last two people on the planet who should be joining an NWO. Thankfully DDP doesn't join as well.

Zbysko kicks Bischoff's head in...but the NWO is almost as ever present in 1998 as it was in 1997.

Golberg beats Hogan for the belt and then a bit later the entire NWO...while Hogan is goofing off with celebrities/warrior in the main event.

here is the link

https://soundcloud.com/thelapsedfan/memorial-tour-the-lapsed-fan-nwo-special

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Still haven't really played a Souls game. I tried Demon's Souls for a minute and didn't love it. Should I play Bloodborne one day?

Nah. Sony stans typically can't wrap their heads around the fact that someone doesn't like their Jesus, so they'll say "yeah you should!" when the right answer is nah. Turn around and don't look back, pal.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Nah. Sony stans typically can't wrap their heads around the fact that someone doesn't like their Jesus, so they'll say "yeah you should!" when the right answer is nah. Turn around and don't look back, pal.

Bloodbourne is at least significantly different from Demon Souls that you might want to give it a try some day.

Recall

The lapsed fan episode ISNT Starrcade 98? Awww.

Still my favourite wrestling podcast right after New Generation Podcast.

OSW is hot garbage.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
OSW is a great vodcast and a merely acceptable podcast. Without the visual it isn't that great.

NGP is the best wrestling podcast full stop.

Still haven't really played a Souls game. I tried Demon's Souls for a minute and didn't love it. Should I play Bloodborne one day?

Nah. I love it, but I love Souls games despite the difficulty. They're very much a niche thing where if you don't like one you probably won't like any

Nekofrog

Banned
So can anyone who is versed in dark souls 1 tell me where to go?

The last area I did that felt appropriate to my level was this bulky guy in front of an altar that has this wizard guy on a balcony that shoots you if you walk in the front door. I killed the bulky guy, went up the stairs and killed the wizard guy and the 7 or so zombie trash mobs that were with him just fine, find the black smith in the basement. If you go even further down you ruin into this lightning shooting guy that I can't kill, but I ran past him to a forest that had those trees that I could fight easily. But from there on I don't know what to do.

The forest opens up to a clearing with those sleeping iron guys that I ran past to the butterfly boss I can almost beat but don't have enough spells to finish. Ialso explored up and didn't cliffs but eventually iget to this normal knight looking guy that ido little damage to. Alternatively there's an elevator that takes me to a bunch of lightning drakes I do very little damage to. These seemslike my only options. Am I fucked?

Sephzilla

So can anyone who is versed in dark souls 1 tell me where to go?

The last area I did that felt appropriate to my level was this bulky guy in front of an altar that has this wizard guy on a balcony that shoots you if you walk in the front door. I killed the bulky guy, went up the stairs and killed the wizard guy and the 7 or so zombie trash mobs that were with him just fine, find the black smith in the basement. If you go even further down you ruin into this lightning shooting guy that I can't kill, but I ran past him to a forest that had those trees that I could fight easily. But from there on I don't know what to do.

The forest opens up to a clearing with those sleeping iron guys that I ran past to the butterfly boss I can almost beat but don't have enough spells to finish. Ialso explored up and didn't cliffs but eventually iget to this normal knight looking guy that ido little damage to. Alternatively there's an elevator that takes me to a bunch of lightning drakes I do very little damage to. These seemslike my only options. Am I fucked?

did you fight the boss above the church with the bulky guy and the wizard?

Kaladin

Hmmmm

There is a casting call for the roll of a State Trooper in WWE 2k17.

State Trooper/Cops (Lead or Supporting)
Role added 04/21/2016 6:31 pm
Male or Female / Principal / All Ethnicities / 25 - 50 Description Very authentic and credible looking as police offers or state troopers handling a dangerous situation. They are in the midst of a high pressure assignment. Submit with note of previous experience with this role. Wardrobe Police looking uniform. Work shirt and matching slacks. Clean shaven, neat for men. Women, appropriate hair and make-up for working cop. Rate $500 session. Buyout paid based on category of hire. See project notes.
Stunt Performer
Role added 04/21/2016 6:44 pm
Male or Female / Principal / All Ethnicities / 25 - 40 Description Submit only qualified stunt performers with training and on-camera stunt credits please. Submit with a note of the style of stunt. Rate $500 session. Buyout paid based on category of hire.

Nekofrog

Banned
did you fight the boss above the church with the bulky guy and the wizard?

the stone gargoyles that come to life? i only tried it once but two targets shooting at me at the same time made me nope out, especially with what looked like 4 other statues that could come to life too. is that where i should be? is that the "you're in the right place, you just suck" that i was talking about?

Top Bottom