• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

Woah! There's no way they can fuck that up!
Z3oDe7zl.jpg

Oh. . .
cls4vbT.png

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'll never really understand why people get so emotional about this stuff.

I'll never really understand why people are so goddamn resistant to doing anything differently ever even if it would actually help make the thread readable

Seriously, just title your post with what it's about instead of randomly talking about whatever Trish Stratus is doing without context it isn't even effort

I expect a 7 page post in full detail about why you hate fun from all of you by the end of our life (which is soon)

Please, it is Important and Vital to the world that this be descriptive

That poster AG is aggravating, but not as much posters VM or SS. H really didn't approve of DM, and I hear A is fighting B in the parking lot tonight over his comments about WM 2K

WTF, LOL, THTs?

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Angle vs Eddie wasn't bad. Not bad at all. I actually popped for Eddie's win. Match of the night so far for sure. Guessing it stays that way.

Now for millionth Taker vs Kane match I've seen in my life.

That guy KK from the KKK at the NYPD YMCA sure was a heel. And for those who don't know, In professional wrestling, a heel (also known as a rudo in lucha libre) is a wrestler who is villainous or a "bad guy", who is booked (scripted) by the promotion to be in the position of being an antagonist.[1][2][3] They are typically opposed by their polar opposites, faces, who are the heroic protagonist or "good guy" characters.

Zach

I'll never really understand why people are so goddamn resistant to doing anything differently ever even if it would actually help make the thread readable

Seriously, just title your post with what it's about instead of randomly talking about whatever Trish Stratus is doing without context it isn't even effort
I won't be doing this. Just saying. You can always use the Ignore List functionality.

Late reply here...

What's your star rating for this game? I remember watching a video of some folks playing this at last year's GenCon. Looks pretty cool. I'm a big board game nerd, so I was thinking of picking it up, but I'm not sure if my non-wrestling fan friends will dig it.

It's tricky to say as I only got one match out of it and the 6 man tag approach (we had 5 players) meant that I never got to actually do much but assist in planning moves with my partners.
But it's worth noting that it was enjoyed by all who played it despite me being the only one who still watches wrestling on the regular (the rest having been around for bits and pieces in the past, mainly attitude era and one other person who knows nothing at all about the weird world of wrasslin').
Which is to say it was more competent a game than I expected, there's definitely a lot better out there but I was kinda surprised that this wasn't a mess.
Safe 3 stars I'd say right now, I think it's one that works better with either just 2 or 4 players.

I also had to explain who Roman Reigns was (Big E was genuinely more known), somehow resisted the urge to say "well he's not a good guy, he's not a bad guy but he is the guy".

Man God

Non-Canon Member
People who have asked everyone involved in the booking of the hummer incident are pretty sure that if it was to ever be revealed it was going to be Bischoff driving. Some of the guest stars/former WWF talent mentioned are pretty funny though. Carmen Electra?!?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Late reply here...

It's tricky to say as I only got one match out of it and the 6 man tag approach (we had 5 players) meant that I never got to actually do much but assist in planning moves with my partners.
But it's worth noting that it was enjoyed by all who played it despite me being the only one who still watches wrestling on the regular (the rest having been around for bits and pieces in the past, mainly attitude era and one other person who knows nothing at all about the weird world of wrasslin').
Which is to say it was more competent a game than I expected, there's definitely a lot better out there but I was kinda surprised that this wasn't a mess.
Safe 3 stars I'd say right now, I think it's one that works better with either just 2 or 4 players.

I also had to explain who Roman Reigns was (Big E was genuinely more known), somehow resisted the urge to say "well he's not a good guy, he's not a bad guy but he is the guy".
Why would you ever resist that urge

rrc1594

Okay.... To change subject in here

If they may be doing Fin Vs. AJ, and have Roman Vs. Seth instead . Is Seth coming back Heel or have him as Face and Roman turns.

Angry Grimace

Okay.... To change subject in here

If they may be doing Fin Vs. AJ, and have Roman Vs. Seth instead . Is Seth coming back Heel or have him as Face and Roman turns.
They've resisted Roman turning for 2 straight WrestleMania seasons of heavy boos so I'm skeptical that will ever happen.

Seth will get a big face pop but there aren't enough main event caliber heels so I expect them to try and push his return as heel.

Cutting Authority promos where he opens the show with 10 minute monologues will get him booed again though.

I won't be doing this. Just saying. You can always use the Ignore List functionality.

Never be afraid to use this. A lot of derails get solved with just one click. Easy. Keep being you Zach, your posts are really fun to read and contribute discussion that is valuable <3

Zach

If you guys could include a "Fantasy Booking" title to your posts, I'd appreciate it.

Kiddiiinnng.

(Seth is coming back as a super face to topple mega heel Roman. Beliiieeeve.)

Does anyone here not know blue is watching RAW?

Everyone else starts out saying "I'm watching..." do they need to say it for every subsequent post?

If you don't like people posting about watching wrestling in a wrestling thread, then scroll past the posts.

What's funny is how they have King always read the burger advertisements considering he's been wanting beat everyone's ass since 93 for calling him that.

Top Bottom