• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

At Payback it should turn out that Gallows and Anderson are in cahoots with an arriving Balor who arrives to form the Demon club, they all don body paint and work under the true demon of WWE Kane who captures the title off Reigns in time for Summerslam where he can continue his mega feud with Seth Rollins.

...yeah I just wanted to make use of Zach's post title suggestion.

At Payback it should turn out that Gallows and Anderson are in cahoots with an arriving Balor who arrives to form the Demon club, they all don body paint and work under the true demon of WWE Kane who captures the title off Reigns in time for Summerslam where he can continue his mega feud with Seth Rollins.

If it'll keep the belt off Reigns/Balor then do it.

poorrusev.gif

Rusev, forever in doubt.
tumblr_inline_nwvxlmCoGo1t178dx_500.gif

It amazes me that Tanga Loa can be in a match with Juice Robinson and Captain FOOKING New Japan and still be the most boring guy in there.

Wait, you're telling me that years of working WWE c-list shows as Camacho didn't prepare a guy for a push in NJPW?

I'm shocked, and I'm sure Gedo is shocked too.

Tama Tonga isn't exactly lighting it up during this push either though.

Zach

:D

Sometimes, I think you might be the best poster here with your Kane consistency.

Monday Night Raw
June 15, 1998

I know it'd be ridiculous, but I'd really love to see the E tone down live production. Seeing the stage on a smaller scale and the arena feeling smaller just gives things a better environment. It feels less like a spectacle / production and more natural.

Why should Kane only be limited to the World title

We got the whole gang together, fuck it. Kane for World champ, IC champ, US champ. Kane and Fake Kane/Festus/Gallows for tag champs. Bring back Tori or Lita to hold the women's title

darkbanjo

It's not as well researched as I'd like, which is a shame as NJPW's story is fascinating.

I was pretty disappointed by Lion's Pride, too. The top ten lists and other similar chapters tend to rehash a lot of information, so it's actually a pretty superficial look at New Japan.

I must say I'm glad they fixed the name of the Mania follow up. Now all they have to do is bring back Backlash... but only if they're gonna commit to the scythe set.

klonere

Banned
Wait, you're telling me that years of working WWE c-list shows as Camacho didn't prepare a guy for a push in NJPW?

I'm shocked, and I'm sure Gedo is shocked too.

Tama Tonga isn't exactly lighting it up during this push either though.

not sure why tama decided to use his "get a free push because everyone left card" on bringing in his mediocre brother

these samoan families are a bitch

notworksafe

Not sure if Steiner is over or everyone just hates HHH. Either way this match is pretty dull. It is in a good place at the beginning of the card.

edit: now the crowd is revolting. these boos jesus. steiner just dropped hhh...this is going downhill fast.

Not sure if Steiner is over or everyone just hates HHH. Either way this match is pretty dull. It is in a good place at the beginning of the card.

edit: now the crowd is revolting. these boos jesus. steiner just dropped hhh...this is going downhill fast.

Steiner is always over, brother. Also, everyone hates HHH in 03.

notworksafe

Steiner is always over, brother. Also, everyone hates HHH in 03.

This is the worst goddamn match. I hate both of them now. There's a reason my rewatch of the early 2000s is all Smackdowns. And even that had a crowd cheering for Steiner to rape Steph on camera.

Angle vs Benoit next thank goodness

rrc1594

Steiner was sloppy as shit, when he came back. Didn't he also get booed as the feud went on?

This is the worst goddamn match. I hate both of them now. There's a reason my rewatch of the early 2000s is all Smackdowns. And even that had a crowd cheering for Steiner to rape Steph on camera.

Angle vs Benoit next thank goodness

WTF!

Aiii

So not worth it
In recent weeks, word got out that TNA is in financial ruin and could be forced to “take on an investor” in the immediate future. As reported by the Wrestling Observer, Aroluxe Media has been funding TNA’s recent television tapings and could assume partial control of the company if TNA defaults on their debts.

According to Ryan Satin of Pro Wrestling Sheet, a company called Summit Strategic Investments is in talks with TNA Wrestling about buying into the company. SSI specializes in “transforming troubled assets” and is the company that helped turn around Segway and Fisker Automotive.

What does SSI’s involvement have to do with Aroluxe? As it turns out, Aroluxe Media CEO Jason Brown is the brother of Roger Brown, CEO of SSI. However, the report by Pro Wrestling Sheet states that Aroluxe is NOT in talks to buy a stake in TNA.

In the event that SSI does buy into TNA, it’s expected that TNA will continue to outsource their production (and other functions) to Aroluxe, the company that employs Ron and Don Harris

Just die already, you clusterfuck of a company.

He got booed about 10 minutes into his first PPV match lol

It was really awful. The story was that Steph would sleep with Steiner if he signed with SD and he didn't want to wait. Terrible.

People say New Generation was awful/low point but the stories during 98-2004(maybe later?) were just disgusting.

somedevil

Here is the NXT Poughkeepsie card:

Balor vs Joe the rematch
Asuka vs Bliss
Revival vs Alpha
Bayley and Carmella vs Brooke and Royce
Drifter vs Nakamura
Aries vs Girard
Ciampa vs La Sombra
Moss vs Mojo

I wonder if this rematch counts and then at the next NXT pay per view they do Joe vs somebody new.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Here is the NXT Poughkeepsie card:

Balor vs Joe the rematch
Asuka vs Bliss
Revival vs Alpha
Bayley and Carmella vs Brooke and Royce
Drifter vs Nakamura
Aries vs Girard
Ciampa vs La Sombra
Moss vs Mojo

I wonder if this rematch counts and then at the next NXT pay per view they do Joe vs somebody new.
Alvarez says he heard it was leading to Balor/Joe IV in a cage match, which I sincerely hope its not.

Jamie OD

Team Angle, however, is a stroke of genius.

Speaking of Team Angle there was a 3 Vs 1 No DQ Handicap match between them and Big Show against Kurt Angle on a Smackdown that was just fantastic. Wish I could remember when it took place and if it's been added to the Network yet.

notworksafe

Angle/Benoit is a lesson on how to do a big match, especially compared to the mess that was on before it. The intensity and emotion of both these dudes is just so damn good.

Now time for the RR match!

Top Bottom