• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Best part about 93 WCW is remembering all their ridiculous rules

• Being thrown of the top rope if a DQ(which was commonplace in most places, not just WCW)
• Being thrown head first into the ringpost on the outside is a DQ(but not shoulder or back first)
• You're not allowed to bend someone else's fingers
• Top rope moves are banned if Bill Watts has his say. And then they're not if you're a face. But if you're Rick Rude, fuck you - dq.

Watched takeover last night, my first Nxt show. That was fucking brilliant. The tag match was amazing, great way to start it. Really like both those teams, that Jordan guy in American Alpha was great, good energy.

Corbin seems a cool character and a natural heel.

Wwe needs to give Zayn some proper opportunities on the main roster.

Hex

Banned
Watched takeover last night, my first Nxt show. That was fucking brilliant. The tag match was amazing, great way to start it. Really like both those teams, that Jordan guy in American Alpha was great, good energy.

Corbin seems a cool character and a natural heel.

Wwe needs to give Zayn some proper opportunities on the main roster.

Zayn also needs people to work against, it drives him.
He can not carry a match yet, but he can sure as hell work one with a solid partner.

I really liked Takeover(my first NXT show) but I didn't like either the Bayley/Asuka match or the Aries/Corbin match. Corbin is pretty cool though, mostly for trashtalking the crowd. The Nakamura match was great, and so was the Tag Team match. Joe is still one of the best around, Finn is a bit overhyped from what I've seen in this match buuuut I'm willing to cut him some slack since this is literally the first match of his that I've ever seen.

Now time to get ready for the shitshow that is WM.

I wouldn't judge Finn from that match. It never really go into a full groove because of what was going on. Go watch his one against Owens from The Beast in the East special.

Zz9iThvl.jpg

Zach

Asuka's theme is great. Bayley is great, even if her texting faux pas rubbed you the wrong way. Brock's a cunt.

Love you, guysss.

P.S. I've avoided most every potential WrassleMania spoiler, I think, so I really hope that pays off and some surprises happen. Looking forward to the goofy spectacle!

lol at everyone getting mad that brock did not attend the hall of fame. He never was a fan of it and never watched it growing up. He probably does not know majority of the people getting inducted. Don't see the problem as if fake wrestling is some holy sport that he has to.

Fox318

Asuka's theme is great. Bayley is great, even if her texting faux pas rubbed you the wrong way. Brock's a cunt.

Love you, guysss.

P.S. I've avoided most every potential WrassleMania spoiler, I think, so I really hope that pays off and some surprises happen. Looking forward to the goofy spectacle!
Spoiler

Eric Watts will win the strap tonight

bjork

People like Kevin Nash are what killed the business.

I look in this thread and this is like the first thing I see. I'm disappointed in this community for allowing such unwarranted Nash hate to run unchecked.

Don't worry, Big D, you still have fans here.

tumblr_nbrhc9f7kD1tfzvwro1_1280.gif

Bronx-Man

Banned
For those that've been to a WrestleMania before, how much does it usually set you back by? I wanna try to drive down to Orlando next year that Friday before, stay in a decent hotel for about 2 days, get some decent seats for WM33, then drive out the morning afterwards.

Sting. :'(

Him and D-Bry in the same year retiring, f**k everything.

And f**k Flair, what a terrible induction, just went on and on waffling about himself and wanking over his daughter.... for Sting's HoF induction. :| I was actually getting angry watching that. UGH!

And one last forever f**k you to Vince for having Sting and Undertaker on the same card but not versing each other. :| Who cares if it would have been shit, the HHH thing was shit too, the NWO shit made no sense, the Wyatt thing with UT was shit too, everything is shit anyway at least we would have had that AMAZING moment with them both in the ring at the same time if it had happened.

They handled Sting so terribly he was right to have feared going there, the best thing was that 2K promo the rest was shit, now he's done. :|

NXT was great, Sami and Nakamura was amazing. I hope Sami doesn't just get lost in the main shuffle now. Trying to get hyped for WM now but the woman's title match and the UT/Shane stuff for possible shenanigans and hopefully the end of the endless authority BS at last is all I'm looking forward too. Hoping the main event is a total train wreck too just for the lols.

WM BABY!

MC Safety

For those that've been to a WrestleMania before, how much does it usually set you back by? I wanna try to drive down to Orlando next year that Friday before, stay in a decent hotel for about 2 days, get some decent seats for WM33, then drive out the morning afterwards.

Go on someone else's dime and don't sit with the lesser human beings in the stands. The luxury boxes afford you a resplendent view without the mass of humanity. Plus, the catering far outdoes the overpriced peasant food.

Entropia

No One Remembers

Think of this way:

Ticket: If you want something halfway decent, probably $200+
Gas: Depends how far of a drive it is for you to Orlanda, $100+
Hotel: How 'decent'? Best rate would probably be $120/night
Food: 3 meals a day, probably going out to restaurants and bars. Budget $30/meal
Wrestlemania stuff: Want a shirt? $40+

So you're looking at a best case scenario of $1000

bjork

$40 + gas to go to WM12.

[edit - new paige

wd6cuT8.jpg

iMax

Sting. :'(

Him and D-Bry in the same year retiring, f**k everything.

And f**k Flair, what a terrible induction, just went on and on waffling about himself and wanking over his daughter.... for Sting's HoF induction. :| I was actually getting angry watching that. UGH!

And one last forever f**k you to Vince for having Sting and Undertaker on the same card but not versing each other. :| Who cares if it would have been shit, the HHH thing was shit too, the NWO shit made no sense, the Wyatt thing with UT was shit too, everything is shit anyway at least we would have had that AMAZING moment with them both in the ring at the same time if it had happened.

They handled Sting so terribly he was right to have feared going there, the best thing was that 2K promo the rest was shit, now he's done. :|

NXT was great, Sami and Nakamura was amazing. I hope Sami doesn't just get lost in the main shuffle now. Trying to get hyped for WM now but the woman's title match and the UT/Shane stuff for possible shenanigans and hopefully the end of the endless authority BS at last is all I'm looking forward too. Hoping the main event is a total train wreck too just for the lols.

WM BABY!

Even though he's retired, he can (and should) still have a WrestleMania moment with Taker.

Nobody believes Shane can actually beat Taker legit. So they need shenanigans to legitimise it.

I want them to do this. They won't.

Undertaker's beating down Shane mercilessly as Vince watches. It's brutal. Goes in for the count.

1... 2... BWARK.

Lights out. Back up. Sting's in the cell face to face with Taker, Shane on the floor.

Vince is outside going nuts, ordering the cell to be raised, dammit.

Glass smash. Stone Cold comes out and stunners Vince.

Meanwhile, Sting and Taker are in the cell having a massive stare down. As Taker rolls his eyes back and cuts his throat, Sting puts his bat right on his chin. Scorpion Death Drop.

Throws Shane onto Taker's body.

1... 2... 3...

Bronx-Man

Banned
Think of this way:

Ticket: If you want something halfway decent, probably $200+
Gas: Depends how far of a drive it is for you to Orlanda, $100+
Hotel: How 'decent'? Best rate would probably be $120/night
Food: 3 meals a day, probably going out to restaurants and bars. Budget $30/meal
Wrestlemania stuff: Want a shirt? $40+

So you're looking at a best case scenario of $1000
Hmm. I think I could cut some of this down to around $875-900. Thanks for the help!

Kurita

I'm binge watching NXT TakeOver events right now and I'm loving it, but I wanted to know what were the noteworthy regular episodes of NXT?

8/27/2007

* A fan sent in this live report from Summerslam:

I was watching Michael Cole and JBL when the “Cena Sucks” chants started and whenever Orton got in his offense. They were literally shocked, not by the chants but on how much the majority of the crowd ripped into John Cena. At one point I saw Cole shaking his head saying “unbelievable.” I know Randy Orton may seem like the better “wrestler,” but for the life of me I cannot understand why they hate Cena so much. I give him credit; he takes it all in and does the job, I respect his work ethic and the way he sucks up those chants and b.s. big time.

I even saw Lillian Garcia shake her head in disbelief as the people in back of me were chanting “Cena must die” and when Orton had a chin lock on Cena they were chanting “break his neck.” It’s a man thing to hate Cena for some reason because they all were doing it for there own ego. Security confiscated a sign saying “Cena must die” from those same bunch of guys.
John Cena held up a fan sign that said “IF CENA WINS, WE RIOT” in the middle of the ring after the show. Then challenging the whole arena to riot and come to the ring. Like I said, I give the guy credit
Roman isn't there yet but them Texans might have you in for a surprise tonight.

JavyOO7

Well, this isn't WrestleMania, but my experience going from Miami to Orlando for the RR this year was...

Rental car - $60 bucks. A Toyota something of 2014 or 2015.
Tolls - going back and forth was 30 bucks.
Gas - going from Miami to Orlando and back - 30 bucks
Hotel with a buddy - 90 bucks
RR tickets for each of us - about $110. Pretty good seats. I imagine WM next year in ORL will be probably double that to get the same seats (relatively) or maybe a tad bit better. I say this because WWE treats WM as its 'premium' event.

Whatever you do though, don't buy off of StubHub for WM. Though that is IMO. When I got tickets for the WM that was in Dolphin Stadium, I bought it through Stub Hub, and I ended up facing the palm trees the entire night and had to watch through the big screen the stadium has. The sting still hurts to this day because I felt the WM was pretty 'blah', even with Cena/Rock once in a lifetime, etc etc etc.

Top Bottom