• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

But the main issue, at least for me, is the love of the game, brother. The Rock loves wrestling. Brock doesn't seem to share that affinity. So Brock can kick rocks for all I care.

Zach, I can't condone this Rock > Brock attitude. All that matters is the points on the board and modern Rock is flat out awful meanwhile modern Brock is top tier.

Razorskin

----- ------
norespecd3sz3.gif

No respect Bayley!

Now I'll go watch her ironman match with Sasha that I missed.

I'm not saying the rock doesn't love wrestling he just uses it the same way Brock does.

I mean he wasn't at the hall of fame yet he is probably gonna get 40 minutes to cut a promo and he has at least 3 shirts plus his own under armor line he is promoting.

Isn't Rock still filming Baywatch? I wouldn't be surprised if WM is the only day he takes off from that.

Difference is that Brock does nothing other than wrestling. He doesn't have other business ventures or things precluding him from showing up to these sorts of things other than "eh, I'd rather hunt or just stay home". Rock is busy as fuck and yet opens his schedule up to make time for WWE.

The biggest case in point in all of this is that on DB's retirement night, every single WWE guy was on stage cheering for him at the end EXCEPT Brock, and he was there that night. So he either left early or didn't go out there.

rrc1594

I really don't get the love for Brock, I get the whole Final Boss thing. It just doesn't really hook me in. I can say I never really cared for Brock since early 2000s but his matches back then were better IMO. Now it's just the same thing can Brock really not do anything else without putting someone at risk? I mean at least do a different suplex for crisis sake.

Just got home from Axxess. Met Sandow and Strowman.

...The worker said that Nakamura was going to be switching from his current location and moving to the site where Enzo was signing. And the lines were supperlong, but we thought if he got in the Enzo line we could meet Nakamura when he stepped in...it ended up being Strowman. A disappointment really. But I was so close to the front at that point that I just stuck through it. I did think it would be odd he would sign for 2 hours at one spot then switch to a different table...but I thought it was worth the oddity to get a chance.

Anyway...WM tomorrow...im hearing some weird rumors.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
Just got home from Axxess. Met Sandow and Strowman.

...The worker said that Nakamura was going to be switching from his current location and moving to the site where Enzo was signing. And the lines were supperlong, but we thought if he got in the Enzo line we could meet Nakamura when he stepped in...it ended up being Strowman. A disappointment really. But I was so close to the front at that point that I just stuck through it. I did think it would be odd he would sign for 2 hours at one spot then switch to a different table...but I thought it was worth the oddity to get a chance.

Anyway...WM tomorrow...im hearing some weird rumors.

like?

Alucard

Banned
My prediction for Mania's ending tomorrow:

-Roman Reigns wins
-Ambrose comes down to the ring
-They hug and celebrate...fan reaction is mixed
-Dean and Roman raise their arms...audible boos
-Roman SLAMS Dean in the face with the belt
-Mania goes off the air with Roman getting booed to hell and saying "I DID THIS. I DID THIS ALL BY MYSELF. I DON'T NEED ANYONE'S APPROVAL, ESPECIALLY NOT FROM THESE PEOPLE, AND DEFINITELY NOT FROM YOU."
-Roman looks down and spits on Ambrose

My prediction for Mania's ending tomorrow:

-Roman Reigns wins
-Ambrose comes down to the ring
-They hug and celebrate...fan reaction is mixed
-Dean and Roman raise their arms...audible boos
-Roman SLAMS Dean in the face with the belt
-Mania goes off the air with Roman getting booed to hell and saying "I DID THIS. I DID THIS ALL BY MYSELF. I DON'T NEED ANYONE'S APPROVAL, ESPECIALLY NOT FROM THESE PEOPLE, AND DEFINITELY NOT FROM YOU."
-Roman looks down and spits on Ambrose

That's one hell of a prediction. I can actually visualize it now.
Damn, it might come true

Brock does love wrestling, strictly the wrestling in ring part, he hates all the other bullshit that comes with it.(the traveling and the politics) He's said this plenty of times already.

So Stephen Amell will be at Wrestlemania according to his Twitter. I'm guessing it's just the audience he will be watching from with the usual ten seconds on a celebrity, but if the guy was going to be there, why didn't they try doing anything with Stardust? Guy displayed pretty good talent in the ring for a celebrity. Maybe they might pull something out but if Cody is hinting at abandoning the gimmick for tomorrow, then it all seems a waste. Stardust still "has" his Slammy too, right?

My guess is when Amell is sort of known news when TMNT 2 is hitting the theatres, they might bring him back.

To whomever mentioned the cheap heat podcast with AJ Sasha and others, thank you. It was a solid listen and I may check that podcast out again in the future.

Alucard

Banned
So Stephen Amell will be at Wrestlemania according to his Twitter. I'm guessing it's just the audience he will be watching from with the usual ten seconds on a celebrity, but if the guy was going to be there, why didn't they try doing anything with Stardust? Guy displayed pretty good talent in the ring for a celebrity. Maybe they might pull something out but if Cody is hinting at abandoning the gimmick for tomorrow, then it all seems a waste. Stardust still "has" his Slammy too, right?

My guess is when Amell is sort of known news when TMNT 2 is hitting the theatres, they might bring him back.

Also Saxton on kickoff commentary and main commentary...oh lucky us...

Amell shucks an arrow into Saxton and says "You have failed this broadcast."

(No disrespect or harm meant to Saxton)

Adree

Friend told me they were putting up fake money that will drop from the ceiling with Shane picture on it saying "in Shane We Trust"
, and just general oddities. Its just been a long day. Also that there is going to be a 45 foot drop spot.

Someone linked a picture of that in here earlier but I forgot who

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The complaints about the medical staff stuff in Finn vs Joe is pretty overblown. It was an annoyance but it barely hurt the match. Blood can add so much to a feud and Joe looked like the fucking avatar of rage that whole match. I don't know how anyone can't be a fan of his after that match or the past few weeks really. He's probably the first NXT guy in my fave five in years.

The real thing that hurt that match was how quickly it turned around and led right to Finn winning.

Also, womens match really didn't do much for me. And Asuka's music is worse than The Revival's.

After all the Bryan stuff in recent weeks I was super happy to see them tending to Joe tbh. I love this shit and love seeing wrestlers split open but would hate for that to affect them in life once the match is over.

Sephzilla

It was an annoyance, at least to me, because it wasn't a wound that really warranted stopping the match. Yeah, Joe bled a lot, but the wound was below his eye and it wouldn't have affected his vision much at all. Plus Joe bleeding and just saying fuck it added so much to the match and made him seem like an uncaged beast. Having Joe literally snap out of that mode because a ref put up the X was jarring.

I also bet Brock will bleed more than Joe and they wont stop that match

Teeth

It was an annoyance, at least to me, because it wasn't a wound that really warranted stopping the match. Yeah, Joe bled a lot, but the wound was below his eye and it wouldn't have affected his vision much at all. Plus Joe bleeding and just saying fuck it added so much to the match and made him seem like an uncaged beast. Having Joe literally snap out of that mode because a ref put up the X was jarring.

Joe didn't really snap out of it. He was pushing around the ref (as much as he probably kayfabe could) and agreeing with the crowd.

Additionally, some people are bringing up that they may use it in the storyline going forward; that Balor was given time to recuperate so Joe doesn't see it as an honest win.

BRIEMATCH

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Match should have ended with Joe covered in blood, paint, and holding the title. And then the next week he comes out wearing Balor's little hat thing like it was a trophy.

MC Safety

If I had to bet, I would say the intolerance for blood comes about due to state licensing issues. Wrestling isn't always licensed as an athletic event, and I think there are very specific guidelines as to how they have to treat performers bleeding when the event is sanctioned as "entertainment."

Jopie

If I had to bet, I would say the intolerance for blood comes about due to state licensing issues. Wrestling isn't always licensed as an athletic event, and I think there are very specific guidelines as to how they have to treat performers bleeding when the event is sanctioned as "entertainment."

Hope they got special clearance for the Lesnar match then. Dudes face is made of tissue paper. If that match isn't a bloody mess I will be shocked.

Exodust

Banned
I really liked Takeover(my first NXT show) but I didn't like either the Bayley/Asuka match or the Aries/Corbin match. Corbin is pretty cool though, mostly for trashtalking the crowd. The Nakamura match was great, and so was the Tag Team match. Joe is still one of the best around, Finn is a bit overhyped from what I've seen in this match buuuut I'm willing to cut him some slack since this is literally the first match of his that I've ever seen.

Now time to get ready for the shitshow that is WM.

Kornflayx

Wasn't the move to no more blood because of Mattel and other sponsors?

Top Bottom