• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

DMczaf

tumblr_o5134psYBA1tzogbdo4_250.gif

tumblr_o5134psYBA1tzogbdo1_250.gif

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Lesnar is the worst.

He has the attitude of someone who thinks nobody can beat him up so he can say and do whatever he wants. He's basically right. But hey, I've watched him get his ass kicked before, so, there's always that if you hate the guy.

Zach

Treating this as a job and not getting caught in the carny of it all, makes him the best guy on the roster.
Does it?

Not that I even really understand what you're saying about "the carny of it all." Sounds like more self-hating wresting fan talk, to be honest. The never-ending attempt to be above what you love and are a part of. Shruuug.

Does it?

Not that I even really understand what you're saying about "the carny of it all." Sounds like more self-hating wresting fan talk, to be honest. The never-ending attempt to be above what you love and are a part of. Shruuug.
Probably not. I dare anyone else to go around the office saying that, you'll be training someone who will take your job lol.

Zach

If more guys were like that the industry would probably be healthier.

There's a balance.
There is a balance. But it shouldn't be the guys who look down on wrestling and just exploit it vs. the guys who love it and will die for it for pennies. The balance is not in having guys with both mindsets; it's in striking a healthy balance in each wrestler.

I feel like both far ends of the spectrum are unhealthy and terrible.

Fox318

There is a balance. But it shouldn't be the guys who look down on wrestling and just exploit it vs. the guys who love it and will die for it for pennies. The balance is not in having guys with both mindsets; it's in striking a healthy balance in each wrestler.

I feel like both far ends of the spectrum are unhealthy and terrible.
From what we know though the schedule is way too tough.

I mean Brock is a draw because you always want to see more of him. Plus if you told Brock to lay down he would do the job.

People like Kevin Nash are what killed the business.

Tbh I'd rather have people like Brock than someone on twitter complaining about someone not taking their advice and hurting their ego.

From what we know though the schedule is way too tough.

I mean Brock is a draw because you always want to see more of him. Plus if you told Brock to lay down he would do the job.

People like Kevin Nash are what killed the business.

WATCH IT

Nash and Hall ushered in guaranteed contracts. Yeah, Nash always has this convenient position about himself but he's right as often as he's wrong.

Fox318

Brock uses wrestling just like the Rock does.

I mean the Rock comes in for 2 shows a wrestlemania where he promotes his other projects and a raw near a filming location.

Only reason Rock doesn't really get the hate is he mitigates that with pictures of him working out with Lucha Underground shirts on.

Watch Rock come out with Kevin Hart promoting the MTV music awards and that new movie.

I mean the Rock comes in for 2 shows a wrestlemania where he promotes his other projects and a raw near a filming location.

Only reason Rock doesn't really get the hate is he mitigates that with pictures of him working out with Lucha Underground shirts on.

Watch Rock come out with Kevin Hart promoting the MTV music awards and that new movie.

After his run from Mania 27-29 Rock is forever on my #shitlist. Terrible shtick.

I'm upset that we didn't get any great reaction shots from WrassleGAF's resident disappointed father Arn Anderson tonight.

Just thought of something right now: Was there any Max Landis sighting at Axxess? Will he be at WM?

He's definitely there. He's been posting pictures all over the Internet.

Zach

1.) Who cares about what The Rock's doing? Or if he's exploiting just as much as Brock? No one's talking about him. I hate you.

2.) Well since you brought up The Rock, he actually seems like he loves wrestling. That's all it takes. To be a guy who enjoys the art form (I said it). Otherwise, go away.

3.) Since we're comparing and contrasting, The Rock is on another level of pop culture superstardom and it's not even fair to compare/contrast tiny-legged ex-MMA fighter Brock Lesnar anyway. Pffft.

(This all coming from someone who doesn't looove The Rock.)

Holy shit, this match!!!

This match delivered the DG 3 vs 3 tradition on WM weekend.

Some really cool tag work from the european team.

And Ibushi and Osprey doing some insane spot.

Brock is awesome and does great things in the ring. Can't blame the guy for not wanting to be on the road 24/7

Looking forward to watching the win stuff later. All of it sounds good

Saying Rock doesn't absolutely love wrestling is laughable. There is absolutely no other reason for Rock to be involved with WWE even as little as he is considering how big a star he is. He does as much as he does and finds time to fit it in his schedule because he loves it.

You think he really needs the checks from Vince? lol

Fox318

I'm not saying the rock doesn't love wrestling he just uses it the same way Brock does.

I mean he wasn't at the hall of fame yet he is probably gonna get 40 minutes to cut a promo and he has at least 3 shirts plus his own under armor line he is promoting.

Zach

I'm not saying the rock doesn't love wrestling he just uses it the same way Brock does.

I mean he wasn't at the hall of fame yet he is probably gonna get 40 minutes to cut a promo and he has at least 3 shirts plus his own under armor line he is promoting.
But the main issue, at least for me, is the love of the game, brother. The Rock loves wrestling. Brock doesn't seem to share that affinity. So Brock can kick rocks for all I care.

Top Bottom