• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
By the way, any WrassleGAF friends in the heartland today please stay #Safe since the weather is supposed to get really shitty.

We are proper fucked in about 6 or so hours. Zach, where you taking cover?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Are NeoGAF Vince McMahon and I dying in a tornado today? But then I'll never grade WrestleMania 2000! :O

We're supposed to, pal.
CoCUhCU.png

Nor does the creative team.
This seems like it could be a chicken/egg thing, but I would say that impatient fans have more often than not forced creative's hand.
No way. Mega Man fans have at least had a taste of what a good video game actually is.

MM fans are actually worse. Sonic fans go out and make their own fan games or projects, while MM fans are content with crying like a bunch of babies.

Are NeoGAF Vince McMahon and I dying in a tornado today? But then I'll never grade WrestleMania 2000! :O
R.I.P I'll make sure they bury you with your spreadsheet and a device to watch the action. So they way you can grade in the big skies.

Real talk, I might skip wm 2000. I can't break my streak of avoiding that shitty ppv since it first aired.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Naito should win the G1 to give himself WK off.

I'd love this

I'll be extremely safe at work. I can even go underground! :D

But I'm kinda worried about my son at school and dog at home. D:

Go get your beloved kid and son and take em with you.

We ain't got shit here. HVAC units that'll crash through our roof :/

Zach

R.I.P I'll make sure they bury you with your spreadsheet and a device to watch the action. So they way you can grade in the big skies.

Not sure if heaven or hell...

Go get your beloved kid and son and take em with you.

We ain't got shit here. HVAC units that'll crash through our roof :/

I'll keep an eye on thangz. The hour-by-hour I just looked at said the Texas Tornado begins later, at like 7:00 PM.

notworksafe

I have to say I'm really looking forward to Payback. The card is looking excellent, aside from the weird US title WM rematch that is again on the preshow and had no build. Otherwise everything else is really looking up. We're in for some good matches and probably some fuckery at the end. Just what I want out of wrestling.

Oh god stay safe Zach and Sunny. Tornados are no joke, I've spent plenty of time in basements freaking out about that shit.

klonere

Banned
Naito should win the G1 to give himself WK off.

I'd love this

Naito's actual idea for his Dome main event is even better: he wants Captain New Japan - a new fresh opponent, who he has never beaten and not from that collection of losers in CHAOS.

Book it, oy.

This seems like it could be a chicken/egg thing, but I would say that impatient fans have more often than not forced creative's hand.

implying creative Vince gives a shit

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Well this will be in my head all day

I have to say I'm really looking forward to Payback. The card is looking excellent, aside from the weird US title WM rematch that is again on the preshow and had no build. Otherwise everything else is really looking up. We're in for some good matches and probably some fuckery at the end. Just what I want out of wrestling.

Oh god stay safe Zach and Sunny. Tornados are no joke, I've spent plenty of time in basements freaking out about that shit.

Payback does look good on paper. Tornados suck, about a month ago I had one <2 miles from where my house is. Closest call yet. My brother has lived through one and gets weird and shaky when the weather turns, so I'll probably have him come over to make him relax.

I didn't know Zach was in your area, too. Both of you, and everyone else for that matter, watch yourselves.

LOL I thought you were cranking the Douchebag up to 11 for him, good to hear it ain't true

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, no! My phone says the Stormin' Norman Smiley could start at 4:00 PM!

I'd be happy as a clam if Norman Smiley led me to a shelter. "Just follow Black Magic, baby"

Not sure if heaven or hell...

I'll keep an eye on thangz. The hour-by-hour I just looked at said the Texas Tornado begins later, at like 7:00 PM.
You know where the fuck you're going!

Don't panic, tornados and hurricanes aren't too bad. This is from someone who lived in a place who got maybe 1-2 every year.

notworksafe

Payback does look good on paper. Tornados suck, about a month ago I had one <2 miles from where my house is. Closest call yet. My brother has lived through one and gets weird and shaky when the weather turns, so I'll probably have him come over to make him relax.

Tornados and other inclimate weather are a big reason I'm glad I left Ohio. Things are much more tranquilo here in New Mexico.

Sephzilla

This modern day reboot reminded me of the time Mega Man fans got angry that Armature studios had an abandoned funky first person take on Mega Man X revealed a couple of years back, like it never even saw the light of day and they still whined about it.

The reason I think people got upset about it was because the footage came out right in the middle of Capcom's run of fucking everything up. They had the DmC reboot nobody asked for. Lost Planet 3 being outsourced to some shitty western dev. RE6 being a mediocre game with no fucking identity. And then suddenly footage of a gritty Mega Man X reboot popping up was the nugget on the shit cake. Funny enough, all of those shit ideas were ideas that Inafune was the brain child for!

The RoboCop reboot itself isn't that bad and actually the first half of the movie is kinda good. But once they actually bring Murphy back to Detroit it's like all of the characters suddenly get written like morons in order to give something for Robo to be angry about. I actually think the movie being named "RoboCop" hurt it though because it made people expect one thing and then they got another.

klonere

Banned
Guys

RE6 was good. If you imagine it as Funky Japanese Gears of War. And forgive the abysmal tutorials not teaching you all the cool shit.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Guys

RE6 was good. If you imagine it as Funky Japanese Gears of War. And forgive the abysmal tutorials not teaching you all the cool shit.

RE6 is one of the best of the series. That gameplay, whooooooo
giphy.gif

Naito to win the G1, then lose the briefcase to Okada at KoPW. Naito (c) vs Okada at WK11.
Alternatively, Okada to regain the belt before the G1, then Naito to win the G1. Okada (c) vs Naito at WK11.
Alternatively, alternatively, Okada to win the G1 but lose the briefcase to SANADA, who then turns on Los Ingobernables. Naito (c) vs SANADA at WK11.

The reason I think people got upset about it was because the footage came out right in the middle of Capcom's run of fucking everything up. They had the DmC reboot nobody asked for. Lost Planet 3 being outsourced to some shitty western dev. RE6 being a mediocre game with no fucking identity. And then suddenly footage of a gritty Mega Man X reboot popping up was the nugget on the shit cake. Funny enough, all of those shit ideas were ideas that Inafune was the brain child for!

The RoboCop reboot itself isn't that bad and actually the first half of the movie is kinda good. But once they actually bring Murphy back to Detroit it's like all of the characters suddenly get written like morons in order to give something for Robo to be angry about. I actually think the movie being named "RoboCop" hurt it though because it made people expect one thing and then they got another.

I will not deny that period of Capcom being at their peak Crapcom. I forgot Lost Planet 3 was even a thing that happened. I make the motion to name this finale of the Inafune era Carnycom.
I do wonder though if Armature still had their Metroid Prime chops for that MM idea because there could've been potential.
(though judging by everything they've actually done since, no, they don't)

Oh yeah, wrestling, how about that Raw? stuff certainly occurred and apparently there's a PPV this weekend, that snuck up on me.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Naito to win the G1, then lose the briefcase to Okada at KoPW. Naito (c) vs Okada at WK11.
Alternatively, Okada to regain the belt before the G1, then Naito to win the G1. Okada (c) vs Naito at WK11.
Alternatively, alternatively, Okada to win the G1 but lose the briefcase to SANADA, who then turns on Los Ingobernables. Naito (c) vs SANADA at WK11.

I would very much NOT like to see Okada get it back real quick. Make him struggle! Let Naito shine.

RE4 > RE5 > RE6

I guess if you pretend that's all RE is

Sephzilla

Oh yeah, wrestling, how about that Raw? stuff certainly occurred and apparently there's a PPV this weekend, that snuck up on me.

It was a shitty go-home show, but honestly the Payback card has me interested and it's a better card than WrestleMania.

I guess if you pretend that's all RE is

Well I was only referring to the most recent mainline games. I think I'd put REmake, RE2 both ahead of RE4 as well. Code Veronica and RE3 would probably be between RE4 and RE5. As much as I love RE4, that's where the series started to go in a wrong direction.

Anderson and Gallow's theme is pretty great https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIpseOV7EGk

They've been knocking it out of the park with Nakamura and AJ as well.
I didn't care for it the first time I heard it on TV, but this actually isn't bad. Just didn't expect them to have one with vocals... It's more grunge/90s than the usual douche rock stuff they come up with (Ryback and The Revival's being the biggest offenders I can think of)

Top Bottom