• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

Pete Dunne loses the OTT championship and get an invite to SSS16 smh PROGRESS with their backwards booking almost as bad as Mania 2016

JUST KIDDING I've heard a ton of good things about him at OTT, hope I can get to that crazy show next month

I mean forreal, indie wrestling is definitely in some sort of boom, my extremely limited knowledge of the Irish scene makes me think a show with names of this magnitude would have been impossible just a few years ago. I'm sure JamieOD can back me up on this.
BritWres boom is real

OTT is on my list of things to check out, not that I have the time.

klonere

Banned
BritWres boom is real

OTT is on my list of things to check out, not that I have the time.

It's on my doorstep and I have shamefully never been. Well I was fucking broke (and still am, waiting a month to get your first paycheque is pain) but would have been going next month anyway and that lineup makes it all that much more easy.

Pity I missed a reportedly amazing tag with Ospreay last weekend.

It's on my doorstep and I have shamefully never been. Well I was fucking broke (and still am, waiting a month to get your first paycheque is pain) but would have been going next month anyway and that lineup makes it all that much more easy.

Pity I missed a reportedly amazing tag with Ospreay last weekend.

that could be any weekend to be fair

Kaladin

Why can't I no sell being sick like this cough and mucus no sells my mucinex today?

At least I caught up on the NXT on the road episodes.

Samoa Joe vs Apollo Crews was an awesome flippy hoss battle. Joe pulls off the menacing monster thing well.

Enzo and Cass vs American Alpha was great, just wish they had that on a Takeover where it would have got more time.

Can't wait for tonight. Nakamura vs The Drifter and Joe vs Balor where Joe wins the belt.

Striker

Karl Anderson /Rusev fued is going to be money

https://streamable.com/bdhu
Is Gallows suppose to be lite version of The Warlord in NJPW?

And Maria always had a nice ass, but it's gotten bigger as she's aged.

K96O1oi.gif

klonere

Banned
Why can't I no sell being sick like this cough and mucus no sells my mucinex today?

At least I caught up on the NXT on the road episodes.

Samoa Joe vs Apollo Crews was an awesome flippy hoss battle. Joe pulls off the menacing monster thing well.

Enzo and Cass vs American Alpha was great, just wish they had that on a Takeover where it would have got more time.

Can't wait for tonight. Nakamura vs The Drifter and Joe vs Balor where Joe wins the belt.

And the possibility of Eva vs Asuka.

I kind of wish they could have built another shenanigans match for Eva, same as the one vs Bayley. She should get it written into her contract that she gets a compulsory first shot at the title of any new champ, bypassing any rematch clauses. Then she can cheat her ass off in the match and still lose. Eva "Yano Toru" Marie is definitely the best character for her.

and when she wins.....

I even more insanely jealous of Boots, yourself and anyone who got to chart Will's PROGRESS run to now being international superstar flippy man.

#Blessed

Funnily enough, I remember seeing him at a Rev Pro show I went to a year before I started going to PROGRESS (Chapter 14, so right at the start of Will's upward trajectory). I went solely for Liger vs Devitt, and I remember not being impressed with him and Robbo vs Project Ego. That changed sharpish once I got to PROGRESS, it's crazy how good he's got.

JavyOO7

I feel people are kinda right in that other thread re: FE and AC on mobile. Somewhat of a swing and a miss not to have Advance Wars series there. It could use a push right now... FE has been getting a nice push for a while now. Kinda like a WWF IC Champ in the 80s. =p

klonere

Banned
#Blessed

Funnily enough, I remember seeing him at a Rev Pro show I went to a year before I started going to PROGRESS (Chapter 14, so right at the start of Will's upward trajectory). I went solely for Liger vs Devitt, and I remember not being impressed with him and Robbo vs Project Ego. That changed sharpish once I got to PROGRESS, it's crazy how good he's got.

I think it was Alan or JamieOD I heard on some podcast saying that Ospreay was always good but once he started getting lots of positive feedback he got that swagger and confidence he has now and that's what was always missing. It's why Ricochet is so good as well - obviously outrageously athletic but has this aura about him and does the small things that keeps your attention in between flip #42.

Jamie OD

Pete Dunne loses the OTT championship and get an invite to SSS16 smh PROGRESS with their backwards booking almost as bad as Mania 2016

JUST KIDDING I've heard a ton of good things about him at OTT, hope I can get to that crazy show next month

I mean forreal, indie wrestling is definitely in some sort of boom, my extremely limited knowledge of the Irish scene makes me think a show with names of this magnitude would have been impossible just a few years ago. I'm sure JamieOD can back me up on this.

13015667_1027849977280529_5627159517522985440_n.jpg

I think you're right. We did have Irish Whip Wrestling running shows during 2005-2008 with one or two ex-WWE and popular indie guys coming in but they were still small shows compared to what OTT is doing. Part of why there is a British boom now is the promoters of the leading companies have all learned lessons from the companies that ran during the 00's. Your FWA's, your 1PW's and your IPW:UK's. So many fuck ups and crazy stories behind the scenes that would ruin these feds no matter how many big crowds they drew. The other part is the amount of talented wrestlers getting the spotlight now. Most of the names getting praise now have been around the scene for ages and they deserve all the opportunities they get. It takes 10 years to become an overnight success you know, ha ha.

Bull Dempsey? He can't be called that! Even when he worked CZW during WrestleMania weekend, he was called Bull James.

Also, he is the "one of these is not like the others/one of these doesn't belong" on that poster.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Why don't all of the other non-Link characters in Zelda games have voiced dialogue?

It's become a big distraction for me at this point.

Jamie OD

Bull Dempsey? He can't be called that! Even when he worked CZW during WrestleMania weekend, he was called Bull James.

Also, he is the "one of these is not like the others/one of these doesn't belong" on that poster.

My reaction to the reveal went like this:

*Tommy End clips are shown*

"Yeah! TOMMY! TOMMY! TOMMY FUCKING E-"

*Cut to Bull Dempsey clips*

"Ah shit!"

Guy sitting next to me burst out laughing at my sudden 180 turn towards disappointment.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Are Nintendo face or heel? I feel like what they've done with many titles on Wii U warrants a face run, and the smarks on GAF seem to hate them right now so they must be face.

Sony and Microsofts double turn part way through this generation was masterfully executed.

klonere

Banned
I forgot Elgin vs Omega was today, will have to catch up on it tonight plz no spoilerino.

Edit: FUCK

I think you're right. We did have Irish Whip Wrestling running shows during 2005-2008 with one or two ex-WWE and popular indie guys coming in but they were still small shows compared to what OTT is doing. Part of why there is a British boom now is the promoters of the leading companies have all learned lessons from the companies that ran during the 00's. Your FWA's, your 1PW's and your IPW:UK's. So many fuck ups and crazy stories behind the scenes that would ruin these feds no matter how many big crowds they drew. The other part is the amount of talented wrestlers getting the spotlight now. Most of the names getting praise now have been around the scene for ages and they deserve all the opportunities they get. It takes 10 years to become an overnight success you know, ha ha.

I remember seeing some footage of Sheamus, Barrett and Galloway on IWW a few months ago but it was the classic indie show in a school gym - as you said, smaller shows. All I know about IPW is that they booked Teddy Hart once because that's where most Teddy Hart footage seems to come from. Booking Teddy Hart has to be a sign that you are a bad promoter. I guess the scene was more 5 Star Wrestling and less PROGRESS/ICW back then.

It really does seem like we have a glut of talent right now, I wonder how long it'll last.

Don't talk about The Last of A Dying Breed like that. Discount Kevin Owens will fuck you up.

People are making me feel like I should be more outraged or something regarding Nintendo's booking, aside from the only Zelda at E3 point I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be legit shook over.
Looks to me like long term booking, I suppose I could freak out about their barren Christmas period but I don't own stock in them and there's plenty of other games to play elsewhere so....
Maybe I'm not cut out for this business anymore.

I feel people are kinda right in that other thread re: FE and AC on mobile. Somewhat of a swing and a miss not to have Advance Wars series there. It could use a push right now... FE has been getting a nice push for a while now. Kinda like a WWF IC Champ in the 80s. =p
Advance Wars just isn't over pal, it doesn't bring in the merch sales.
The half-hearted grimdark theme push was the last one they gave it.

Are Nintendo face or heel? I feel like what they've done with many titles on Wii U warrants a face run, and the smarks on GAF seem to hate them right now so they must be face.

Sony and Microsofts double turn part way through this generation was masterfully executed.
They're like Kane and Show, they've been around forever and turn at will on a monthly basis and some people really want them to just bugger off.

If they were to do their NX stuff at E3 they would bury whatever fall content they might have, even if it's lackluster.

It's the right move.

They do need at least one tent-pole title for fall though.

klonere

Banned
Holy shit, NJPW spoilers

So it looks like they are building Tana/Omega as a ladder match. Tana better be chugging some quality painkillers to get through that

Entropia

No One Remembers
real original, when Full Sail beats you to a put down you know its quality

is that a quote from Graves?

It's from a promo Steve Austin cut on Hitman back in like '96.

"If you put the letter 'S' in front of 'Hitman,' you have my exact opinion of Bret Hart."

klonere

Banned
It's from a promo Steve Austin cut on Hitman back in like '96.

"If you put the letter 'S' in front of 'Hitman,' you have my exact opinion of Bret Hart."

It's a paraphrase of Austin's "Shitman" promo.

...fuck. I've watched that and all, back when I was going through the shitty VHS rips of 97 Raw/PPVs.

Revoke my smark card.

NJPW is dead to me.

If it happens I don't think its going to help
Kenny be a less divisive champion

RBH

I'm watching last week's NXT episode now.

Apollo Crews' backstage promo after the EnzoCass/AmericanAlpha tag-team match was............rough.

Sephzilla

Wait, Nintendo isn't debuting the NX at E3? This is the most Nintendo thing possible. They got a ton of shit and confused people with the Wii-U reveal, so instead of just learning from their mistakes they're going to not even debut the new system at the most watched gaming event of the year. Instead they're going to focus on a franchise that's starting to feel washed up and desperately in need of an overhaul.

Zach

Chyna was definitely special. I didn't realize she was so impressive and interesting until my re-watch.

Speaking of which, as of last night I've completed 1998! I can't believe it.

Recall

Chyna was definitely special. I didn't realize she was so impressive and interesting until my re-watch.

Speaking of which, as of last night I've completed 1998! I can't believe it.

I can't wait to hear your thoughts on WCW Spring Stampede 1999, it's a enjoyable and fun show in a sea of shit that is WCW during 1999.

Kaladin

I'm watching last week's NXT episode now.

Apollo Crews' backstage promo after the EnzoCass/AmericanAlpha tag-team match was............rough.

Yeah, of all the call ups, he needed more time to season and develop his character and promos. He's amazing in the ring, but he falls flat on his ass every where else.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
But he isn't even amazing in the ring either and his finishers are either a random flip or one of John Cena's transitional moves.

Ronin Ray

Steve Austin was pretty down on his podcast talking about Chyna.

Its crazy how big she was, my mom, older women at my job, people on my Facebook who never watch wrestling were talking about her. She should have been world champ. She was that big. I remember back then she would go on TRL and stuff like that.

Top Bottom