• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

Kaladin

But he isn't even amazing in the ring either and his finishers are either a random flip or one of John Cena's transitional moves.

The match with Joe from this past week's NXT was NXT main event worthy. I think the issue with his ring ability is he was never really tested in NXT and hasn't been given much of a chance to prove it.

Sephzilla

Apollo Crews is the most perplexing of the NXT call ups that happened. Corbin was ready. The Vaudevillains were ready even though their gimmick still feels like it's doomed on the main roster. Sami was beyond ready. Crews has no character, his mic skills are rough, and while he's good in the ring he needs a better finishing move than a poor mans Blue Thunder Bomb. Crews has all of the potential in the world but I could easily see him getting Roman'd if he gets too much too soon.

Zach

I can't wait to hear your thoughts on WCW Spring Stampede 1999, it's a enjoyable and fun show in a sea of shit that is WCW during 1999.

Here's the thing about 1998 WCW: it definitely had some crappy, drawn-out dreck. But it still had a ton of entertaining stuff going on here and there. One of the biggest problems, I'd say, is that there was just too much content -- sound familiar?

Anyway, here's the most surprising part: I feel that WCW still could've righted the ship at this point. If management would've just said "oh, WWF's beating us in the ratings now? Well, whatever. Let's just do what we do and not worry about them", then WCW would've been fine. They should've just focused on logical, realism-based wrasslin' and not bothered so much with attention-grabbing storylines like the nWo, Goldberg being accused of sexual harassment, etc. Too many egos involved for that to happen, though, I guess. Always chasing that rating.

RBH

Yeah, of all the call ups, he needed more time to season and develop his character and promos. He's amazing in the ring, but he falls flat on his ass every where else.

But he isn't even amazing in the ring either and his finishers are either a random flip or one of John Cena's transitional moves.
I just don't like that he was called up with no plan put in place for him.

Enzo and Cass were called up with the intent of putting them initially in a feud with the Dudleys and getting involved in the tag-team tournament.

Zayn gets called up in order to mix it up with Owens on the grand stage.

Crews gets called up..........and gets put into random lower-card matches with no backstage promos or character-building hype videos (different from just showing some highlights of him from NXT).

Might as well just keep him in NXT until they think through an actual plan for him.

Kaladin

I just don't like that he was called up with no plan put in place for him.

Enzo and Cass were called up with the intent of putting them initially in a feud with the Dudleys and getting involved in the tag-team tournament.

Zayn gets called up in order to mix it up with Owens on the grand stage.

Crews gets called up..........and gets put into random lower-card matches with no backstage promos or character-building hype videos (different from just showing some highlights of him from NXT).

Might as well just keep him in NXT until they think through an actual plan for him.

Reminds me of Neville's call up.

New Japan very rarely do gimmick matches - there was a lumberjack match a few years back between Devitt & Tanahashi, while Onita challenged Chono to a exploding barbedwire deathmatch in the late 90's. Before then, gimmick matches were practically unheard of for New Japan, as they went against Inoki's sensibilities (didn't stop him from having a hundred ridiculous martial arts matches, or that awful Fire Island Deathmatch though) and gimmick matches were seen as the sort of thing low-level indie promotions booked. That goes back to renegade promotion IWE, who introduced the cage match to Japan.

klonere

Banned
Crews should just steal the MADE IN JAPAN from Shingo/Haskins, best finisher in the biz right now. Although he'd probably have to tone it down a bit, it can be done a lot safer than the one in this gif.

e6aBQ91.gif

New Japan very rarely do gimmick matches - there was a lumberjack match a few years back between Devitt & Tanahashi, while Onita challenged Chono to a exploding barbedwire deathmatch in the late 90's. Before then, gimmick matches were practically unheard of for New Japan, as they went against Inoki's sensibilities (didn't stop him from having a hundred ridiculous martial arts matches, or that awful Fire Island Deathmatch though) and gimmick matches were seen as the sort of thing low-level indie promotions booked. That goes back to renegade promotion IWE, who introduced the cage match to Japan.

So whadda think? Good idea? Bad idea? I can't think of a worse stip for Tana's back but I'm sure they could put together a magical match if everything clicks.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Wait, Nintendo isn't debuting the NX at E3? This is the most Nintendo thing possible. They got a ton of shit and confused people with the Wii-U reveal, so instead of just learning from their mistakes they're going to not even debut the new system at the most watched gaming event of the year. Instead they're going to focus on a franchise that's starting to feel washed up and desperately in need of an overhaul.
E3 doesn't really mean anything anymore. It's for console stans to go crazy and that's about it.

E3 may not be the huge deal it once was, but I was looking forward to seeing what Nintendo has in store and to deciding whether I need to put some money aside. If my PS4 dies between now and the NX launching (kinda betting it will, the fans are super loud recently), I'll probably just end up getting a new model PS4.

So whadda think? Good idea? Bad idea? I can't think of a worse stip for Tana's back but I'm sure they could put together a magical match if everything clicks.

At this point, I don't think Tanahashi's slowing down until his body forces him to - perhaps a ladder match isn't wise, but I loved Omega & Tanahashi's last encounter so I'll be definitely looking forward to this.

Sephzilla

E3 is the reason the PS4 is still kicking the shit out of the XB1 in sales, though*. Sony used that as a platform to go hard in the paint on Microsoft and it worked.

Note: The XB1 is still a decent system that's selling well, though. It's just that E3 put the PS4 on a whole different level

Heroman

Banned
E3 is the reason the PS4 is still kicking the shit out of the XB1 in sales, though*. Sony used that as a platform to go hard in the paint on Microsoft and it worked.

Note: The XB1 is still a decent system that's selling well, though. It's just that E3 put the PS4 on a whole different level
Naw ,it was because the ps4 launch at 399 and the use games is the reason.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
I need a Los Ingobernables de Japón shirt.

Bootaaay, where can I get one?

I actually bought one from Japan on the 14th and I just got it yesterday. Fuck PWT with their cheap ass shirts.

By time you add the back print and a non shitty shirt quality, its the same price.

klonere

Banned
Why? I find that week pretty fun.

I used to like it but...I don't know, I don't give a diddly about consoles anymore and from that perspective it seems like a lot of obnoxious pomp and circumstance with lots of corporate cheerleading from the peanut galleries. Also overuse of the term MEGATON or what have you.

Remember that time Seth beat Kane?

:)

Seth and Kane only brings back bad memories DM....

So if 1992 Royal Rumble is regarded as the best, which rumbles would clearly take positions as the second and third best?

Rumble 2001? The one that gave us the bleeding Austin staring at shook Rock gif, seems like the whole affair would have been worth that moment alone.

Zach

Fans, I was just handed a note, and apparently -- now, this is big -- apparently blackaroni is no longer my friend.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Nice to see you're alive and hating fun, NVM.

I'm hating other people, not fun. You crazy? You think I hate fun!?

E3 is absolutely insufferable on kideo game forums. People who only have a pittance of money desperately casting bets, like these companies give a fuck. A sucker is born every minute.

Shit I'm actually curious about:

How Sony will justify a shitty little performance bump with new hardware while simultaneously ensuring its policies hold it back from what little it could do. I have zero faith consoles will continue to be relevant. Sony, MS, and Nintendo to a far lesser degree are fighting wars over peanuts while everyone else who broadens their horizons on what games are played on are taking the entire country out from around their shitty little fiefdom.

If you want consoles to continue, they need a massive shot in the arm - to be far less like PC than they are now. Says a lot that the mobile space, with zero of the drawbacks of current consoles (have to be in front of a TV to play it, installation is ZERO effort, patches automatic and DONE beforehand as opposed to when you boot it) have eaten their entire lunch. The little inconveniences people dealt with on PC are replicated on consoles now. There's just no tradeoff.

klonere

Banned

This gif works as a metaphor on so many levels

- Kane dragging Seth's matches down to his level
- Kane and Seth dragging ratings down
- Kane dragging Seth's career down via injury
- Kane dragging Seth to Hell, where you live out your worst nightmare, which for wrestlers is a feud with Kane
- Seth constantly being dragged down by the Authority storyline

A true work of art A+

Sephzilla

I'm hating other people, not fun. You crazy? You think I hate fun!?

E3 is absolutely insufferable on kideo game forums. People who only have a pittance of money desperately casting bets, like these companies give a fuck. A sucker is born every minute.

Shit I'm actually curious about:

How Sony will justify a shitty little performance bump with new hardware while simultaneously ensuring its policies hold it back from what little it could do. I have zero faith consoles will continue to be relevant. Sony, MS, and Nintendo to a far lesser degree are fighting wars over peanuts while everyone else who broadens their horizons on what games are played on are taking the entire country out from around their shitty little fiefdom.

If you want consoles to continue, they need a massive shot in the arm - to be far less like PC than they are now. Says a lot that the mobile space, with zero of the drawbacks of current consoles (have to be in front of a TV to play it, installation is ZERO effort, patches automatic and DONE beforehand as opposed to when you boot it) have eaten their entire lunch. The little inconveniences people dealt with on PC are replicated on consoles now. There's just no tradeoff.

Wait wait wait.

Not being able to play games on a 50 inch screen and instead a 4 inch screen is seriously being used as a positive?!

notworksafe

I'm excited for Payback, excited for NX, excited for Zelda, and excited to fire up the grill since it's finally getting warm here. It's a good week, friends.

notworksafe

Oh and I almost forgot, I'm excited for Cena to return as well.

CenaSmile.gif

Yup. NX and Zelda will get here when they get here.

Exactly, no rush. I still gotta play Paper Mario and my lady wants that Jpop RPG. In the end I'll get a Nintendo console cause it's the way to play Nintendo games. NX/PC will just replace Wii U/PC for me.

Top Bottom