• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

bjork

I pay attention and find that, while there's games like Final Fantasy that have proven to fit well into a mobile environment, the majority of games I'm interested in on mobile would simply play better with a controller than a touch screen.

Fair enough on a level of personal preference, but that doesn't mean there aren't deep and engrossing experiences to be had there.

klonere

Banned
I have never had the commuting schedule or travel demands that brought me the need to get into mobile gaming. I prefer listening to podcasts or reading a book instead when doing any of those things anyway. My favorite type of games are generally not available on mobile anyway and I HATE touch controls for anything beyond flipping through menus.

Damn friends, I lost my credit card so had to replace it with a new one. WWE Network was on it and it was time for a new month's payment to come out. However it couldn't as card was blocked. So I went to put the new details in and now it wants to charge me £9.99 instead of the glorious $9.99 I was getting before hand. I want that cheaper £2 deal dammit.

Kaladin

The only thing I truly like on mobile are board games. They translate well to the mobile experience and it's nice to have a pocket size edition of your favorite table top board game.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I wouldn't say people turned the corner on Miz. I'd say he's finally in the spot he should be at. That character should never have been world champion, but he's perfect fodder as a heel midcard champion. Like a sincerely cast cowardly heel.

Like Honky Tonk Man was.

Anth0ny

I'm still not convinced that mobile gaming isn't a giant bubble that's ready to burst. It's in it's "gold rush" phase where everyone is seeing how much money one or two companies are making and are chasing that, but most are coming up short

thing is

everyone has a phone

lots of these games are free/super cheap

how can boxes/traditional portables that cost hundreds of dollars with games that are $40+ possibly compete

mobile owns the casual gamer that just plays a game "here or there". back in the day, they bought a gameboy and tetris. they bought a $99 ps2. they bought a wii. now, they're fine with mobile. and that's a huge fucking market.

I don't think traditional gaming is in any immediate danger, but mobile gaming certainly isn't going anywhere either.

also, nintendo doing their best wwe impression by doing someone NO ONE could have predicted, but also no one wanted and benefits no one.

bjork

I wouldn't say people turned the corner on Miz. I'd say he's finally in the spot he should be at. That character should never have been world champion, but he's perfect fodder as a heel midcard champion. Like a sincerely cast cowardly heel.

Like Honky Tonk Man was.

I wish we could see the world where HTM was over as a face and kids wore little jumpsuits and fake wigs or whatever it was Vince was seeing

XenoRaven

I will let you in on a secret...
There were these guys called the New Age Outlaws that are still to this day repeating the same lines word for word and the crowd still eats it up.
There was another group called Degeneration X...same thing.
This guy called The Rock? Has been recycling the same exact lines for decades.
The core of Enzo and Cass' intro (or as I call it the Entro) will always be the same, and will then be mixed with a few lines about the opponent in question.
1. I can do without the snark.

2. I'm not talking about catchphrases. I'm talking about repeating lines from promos he already used years ago. The "zero dimes" and "quick as a cat, fast as a feline" lines were never catchphrases. They were the silly one-off comments that were interspersed between catchphrases that made Enzo's promos fun. I guess the audience is different enough that he feels comfortable reusing them. But if I'm new to Enzo and Cass and I like their promos, I'm going to go on YouTube to see more of them, and I'm going to see that their best promos are just being repeated on the main roster. I look forward to next week when Enzo informs us that he and Cass "take meteor showers".

It would be like Rock going to TNA then doing the Rock concert in Sacramento and doing all the same songs but just changing Austin's name to whoever he was feuding with.

Chyna was definitely special. I didn't realize she was so impressive and interesting until my re-watch.

Speaking of which, as of last night I've completed 1998! I can't believe it.
Even as a damn kid, I knew there was something about her. While she wasn't the best wrestler, she was able to hold up and put up a decent effort to make you believe she was very good. When she first arrived though, you're like "who the fuck is this!" And over time you'll see her get the crowd going, heel or face.

notworksafe

I think Enzo probably is safe reusing a lot of his lines. I'm not sure what the crossover audience is from Raw today and NXT two years ago but it's certainly smaller than the Raw/TNA audience for someone like Rock or w/e

Hex

Banned
1. I can do without the snark.

2. I'm not talking about catchphrases. I'm talking about repeating lines from promos he already used years ago. The "zero dimes" and "quick as a cat, fast as a feline" lines were never catchphrases. They were the silly one-off comments that were interspersed between catchphrases that made Enzo's promos fun. I guess the audience is different enough that he feels comfortable reusing them. But if I'm new to Enzo and Cass and I like their promos, I'm going to go on YouTube to see more of them, and I'm going to see that their best promos are just being repeated on the main roster. I look forward to next week when Enzo informs us that he and Cass "take meteor showers".

It would be like Rock going to TNA then doing the Rock concert in Sacramento and doing all the same songs but just changing Austin's name to whoever he was feuding with.

It is like Rocky with pancakes or most of his other gimmicks.
When you do multiple tv shows a week and then you have multiple house shows a week you run out of new material no matter how good you are.

Someone had a brilliant idea for Ryback, he should cut 80s style promos where he's just yelling what he thinks. I want to see they so bad, with the old vignette backgrounds.

I remember the time Seth blew his knee out trying to beat Kane.

image.php

lKOZVBx.jpg

Boom. Getting the most obvious match for Kamaitachi in ROH out of the way early, nice.

I look forward to seeing this on ROH TV. At least, I hope this will be taped.

klonere

Banned
Fucking Flair, sort your shit out. Your daughter has such an important position in the company right now and you go telling people to kill themselves in promos and getting debilitatingly drunk in public. I know he's been through a lot (always talking about the guilt he feels about having survived when so many of his friends and colleagues have died/been crippled much younger) but goddamnit man.

KMxCQPw.gif

Dave is king of the bants

Twitter says ric flair was so drunk he wasnt allowed to board his plane this morning. He fell and busted his face open.

AqDZ7rr.jpg

or did he blade?

Don't be so hard on the dude you guys. None of us understand what its like, (high profile athletes do) When you are at the top of the mountain, for so long, and it defines who you are, and believe me Ric is defined by his career; its hard to deal with life after that.

See Jake documentary. Life is hard when the camera flashes are over, and you are older. Its hard to deal with. Plus he has been through a lot in his life, some of it self inflicted, but man hes been through a lot.

Flair managed to don the crimson mask while falling over drunk in an airport? this is incredibly believable, I just wonder if he went through the effort of blading himself or if his forehead is that ruinous that a gust of wind ruptures it.

Remember that time Seth beat Kane?

:)
You mean remember that time Kane put Seth over completely clean when no one else would?
Yeah, of course, he is Good Guy Glenn after all.

Mahonay

Banned
or did he blade?

Don't be so hard on the dude you guys. None of us understand what its like, (high profile athletes do) When you are at the top of the mountain, for so long, and it defines who you are, and believe me Ric is defined by his career; its hard to deal with life after that.

See Jake documentary. Life is hard when the camera flashes are over, and you are older. Its hard to deal with. Plus he has been through a lot in his life, some of it self inflicted, but man hes been through a lot.
He's a severe alcoholic. The man needs to go to rehab. Otherwise he's fast tracking his exit from the world.

Top Bottom