• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

FyreWulff

I remember when I was a kid and was sad when Nitro was over each Monday night

these days it's like vince pls no we don't need 64 hours of wrestling each week stop

Tom Nook

togRiyR.jpg

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
What was the first moment where you guys realised that wrestling was scripted?

Mine was after Austin tried to murder Triple H at survivor series 2000 by lifting his car up with a forklift while Trips was still in it and dropping it upside down. By all accounts Triple H should have been dead and I started crying. Then my dad explained that it wasn't real. A truly sad time.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

Mine was after Austin tried to murder Triple H at survivor series 2000 by lifting his car up with a forklift while Trips was still in it and dropping it upside down. By all accounts Triple H should have been dead and I started crying. Then my dad explained that it wasn't real. A truly sad time.

When I turned on the television at age 5 and wrestling dudes were on because why would a super rich guy who has servants and everything wrestle people?

Why wouldn't he just buy the company and award himself the belt rather than try to buy it off of the champion?

imBask

Banned

probably when I watched Beyond The Mat

Nekofrog

Banned

we JUST watched that a few days ago. i told my wife that this is beyond the limits of suspension of disbelief and straight into cartoon land.

yes, i can buy a burned and scarred big red monster who grew up to train hard and work out and become a professional wrestler just to destroy his brother, brother

but i can't stomach the car drop.

i think i remember my eyes rolling out of my head at that when i was 16, mainly because HHH was mic'ed up the whole time and it was absolutely ludicrous

..... Bossman fed al snow his dog. This dude is sick, shouldn't be too to jail for dog napping and animal cruelty? Get rid of this guy, fuck.

Nekofrog

Banned
..... Bossman fed al snow his dog. This dude is sick, shouldn't be too to jail for dog napping and animal cruelty? Get rid of this guy, fuck.

JR went so far as to tell us that Pepper wasn't in the dog cage when Bossman used it as a weapon, but then he goes and does THAT?

what's your excuse now, JR? was it faux-dog meat?

Mahonay

Banned

When I was about 9 or 10 discovering that they weren't actually hitting each other for real.

Would love Galloway. Might be another ICW limiter though? I'm never sure what the deal is there.

It's frustrating to me that Scurll is only JUST as of this weekend hitting the tipping point of most of the crowd booing him. HE CLAIMED CREDIT FOR RETIRING A DEAD MAN FFS

In other news, impromptu ultraviolent Tuesday, #Brusierweight4WWEGCS

jesus mary and joseph turn down the HDR, christ

The very first time I saw The Undertaker.

Zach

Hmmm... I don't remember not knowing wrestling was make-believe. I mean, it was extremely easy to be fully invested and suspend disbelief when I was a kid, but as soon as something happened I didn't buy -- a lot of Hulk Hogan-related stuff -- I'd be incredulous, like "oh yeah, right, like that would happen in real life!"

So yeah, I probably knew something was fishy about wrasslin' as soon as I saw Hogan hulk up for the first time.

When I was younger I never really watched, I was just aware that it was "fake". My only real experience with wrestling was like the WWF Warzone demo with HBK and Austin

The first time I actually watched, I caught an episode of Smackdown in 2005 with Eddie/Rey and was confused because I had always been told it was fake but it looked real. Rey jumped from a cage and (I believe) hit the mat stomach first, you can't fake that

So I had never really had a moment where the curtain was lifted, but it was more "real" than my expectations had led me to believe and I started watching

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Hmmm... I don't remember not knowing wrestling was make-believe. I mean, it was extremely easy to be fully invested and suspend disbelief when I was a kid, but as soon as something happened I didn't buy -- a lot of Hulk Hogan-related stuff -- I'd be incredulous, like "oh yeah, right, like that would happen in real life!"

So yeah, I probably knew something was fishy about wrasslin' as soon as I saw Hogan hulk up for the first time.

It's just adrenaline brother

that he gets every match

Zach

Either I am doing something wrong or has she not answered anything yet?
You're doing something wrong.

Sort by Best or just click her username to read her posts or something. I dunno. I use reddit a lot (Boo! Hiss!) but I can't eloquently tell you what you're doing wrong. >_>

Top Bottom