• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm thinking of an alternate universe where WCW gave enough of a shit about Eddie. But in reality? Steiner would be better than Nash. Believe it.

Steiner doesn't emerge until 1999 as that sort of guy. Hell some sort of face Buff Bagwell after that injury is a better choice.

None of the Radicalz were there yet. DDP already faced Goldberg in the best match of Goldberg's career. Bret is injured or something. Hall is drunk. Giant is leaving. Flair would be a farce though the fans would accept it. Booker isn't there yet. Macho is injured. Luger sucks. Sting...is actually a pretty good choice.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
What was the endgame for goldberg ?

Get pushed to the side by a bunch of celebrity hogan main events, politicked into mostly bad matches as an undefeated champion, lose to the booker of the show who almost immediately gives the title back to hogan on the same night WWF is doing something completely different with its main event scene.

The end game was lose the streak, lose the heat. Get injured a bunch. Make some big cash in WWE.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Less shitty than how they looked with the Finger-Poke of Doom.

But the Finger Poke of Doom is an angle. To this day, I don't know how anyone could get mad about this angle. It makes perfect sense. Hogan couldn't beat Goldberg. Nash could. Nash and Hogan wanted to reform the NWO because Nash didn't want to have to deal with Goldberg coming for him by himself. NWO reformed. Cut the fat out completely in its initial days.

Obviously the booking didn't work out, but it rarely does when Hogan's involved.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
But the Finger Poke of Doom is an angle. To this day, I don't know how anyone could get mad about this angle. It makes perfect sense. Hogan couldn't beat Goldberg. Nash could. Nash and Hogan wanted to reform the NWO because Nash didn't want to have to deal with Goldberg coming for him by himself. NWO reformed. Cut the fat out completely in its initial days.

Obviously the booking didn't work out, but it rarely does when Hogan's involved.

Its mainly the optics but also it ruins the Wolfpac without ever having the confrontation with the NWO. Which despite what we all might think about it in hindsight today was actually a hot as hell angle in 1998. Also once again makes Sting look like an idiot for joining them.

If Finger Poke of Doom never happens then Hogan is better off because he just could have come back a few months later and gotten a much better pop as American Made Hogan like he does anyways in 1999.

I don't hate it, but WCW's rep took a hit. It was bad #optics.

Also, I forgot to mention I was thinking Goldberg would eventually be heel when the streak is broken. I don't know why. It might have been something Nash said in that 97 Timeline that got me thinking that.

This DDT is so good

20160427luchaunderground_5.gif

What game is this and why have I not heard more of it

Wresltemania 19. The story mode is pretty crazy

In Revenge Mode, a player can select any superstar on the roster (except for Stephanie and Vince McMahon) or a created superstar. The story begins with the player being dragged out of an arena by security guards and being literally tossed on the street. Later, the player encounters Stephanie McMahon. Stephanie notices that the player wants revenge on Vince McMahon for firing them, and the player and Stephanie devise a plan: to ruin Mr. McMahon's flagship pay-per-view: WrestleMania. To do this, Stephanie sends you to various locations and you must assault the various characters you encounter in each location, destroy WWE property, including blowing up an under construction skyscraper, crashing a WWE barge, wrecking the cars in a WWE parking lot, and so on. In the process, you also defeat a multitude of security guards and WWE personnel who attack you with wrestling moves by throwing them into moving traffic, off the top of the skyscraper, and off the edge of the barge into the water below, eventually going on to ruin WrestleMania XIX.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I like that Wrestle-1 is booking Yuji Hino like I would

CfbQ-hcUMAAf_ll.jpg

give him all the titles. he put the team on his back. hardest hitting hoss in da league

ChDu6X2UkAAu-d7.jpg

and i want his shirt

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I wish the camera hadn't changed. Super Porky comes into the ring, shakes Atlantis's hand and then uses his other hand to slap him in the face in the most nonchalant manner. He's only 10 seconds into the match and Porky has already met my high expectations of a Porky & Kraneo team.

Arn comes off as such a dad in that Table for 3.

That said, I do crack up at how subdued Tully seems when I think about how Tessa is just pissing people off left and right.

Top Bottom