• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

Zach

Mankind winning the championship on the first RAW of '99 was just as lovely as I expected. What a moment.

And I should give credit to Michael Cole, who called it quite well. I'm sure JR would've taken it to another level, though.

Sephzilla

Mankind winning the championship on the first RAW of '99 was just as lovely as I expected. What a moment.

And I should give credit to Michael Cole, who called it quite well. I'm sure JR would've taken it to another level, though.

That fucking pop when Austin arrived

XenoRaven

That exasperated "WHAT" from Cole when Austin's music hits makes me laugh every time.

d8FaNNF.png

https://twitter.com/Maffewgregg/status/725630781511573505

This isn't even some "just wiki it" shit, they legit could have Not Fucked This Up by just googling lmao

klonere

Banned

I think its the episode of Raw that sums up the era the best. An incredible, over booked, super hot main event surrounded by deplorable shit

Zach

Maybe I should take a break now. Seems like a good place to stop. The Fingerpoke/Mankind winning the big one. I imagine it's all downhill from here.

Kaladin

That'll put some butts in the seats.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe I should take a break now. Seems like a good place to stop. The Fingerpoke/Mankind winning the big one. I imagine it's all downhill from here.

This is when shit starts to get endearingly crazy, though.

Zach

That'll put some butts in the seats.

Here's something funny: per my Nitro/RAW policy, I don't always pay close attention to what's going on, right? Well, I missed both times that Schiavone gave away the RAW main event results.

When the WCW main event was starting I was like, "hey, what about 'butts in seats'?!" so I googled it. Looked like it was at the end of the Hogan promo earlier in the show, and during a Scotty Steiner/Konnan match, so yeah, I was probably zoning out or fiddling with something else at the time... >_>

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Here's something funny: per my Nitro/RAW policy, I don't always pay close attention to what's going on, right? Well, I missed both times that Schiavone gave away the RAW main event results.

When the WCW main event was starting I was like, "hey, what about 'butts in seats'?!" so I googled it. Looked like it was at the end of the Hogan promo earlier in the show, and during a Scotty Steiner/Konnan match, so yeah, I was probably zoning out or fiddling with something else at the time... >_>

Fiddling with something else? You were watching the Nitro Girls, weren't you.

By the way, pick a favorite Nitro Girl.

Zach

Fiddling with something else? You were watching the Nitro Girls, weren't you.

By the way, pick a favorite Nitro Girl.

I was probably making dinner for my child, you freak!

And here's a two-parter about the Nitro Girls:

1.) I am so, so happy that I can fast-forward through the Nitro Girls now. Even as a kid, the Nitro Girl segments killed me. If they're talking about something interesting, storylines and stuff, great. But half the time Schiavone is just telling you about ticket on-sales. Ugh.

2.) I've almost posted that same thing -- pick a Nitro Girl -- but I always forget. My fave is definitely Spice.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Spice? Cmon yall.

Kimberly is great but Fyre is where it's at.

Zach

I thought it was fucking awful and an incredible disservice to Mick Foley, who sacrificed and worked his ass off only to get upstaged by Stone Cold, Vince and co. When you go back and watch it, notice where the camera is looking after the pinfall. Stone Cold, on the Ramp, who then walks down, tosses his hat at Vince, gives him the finger...and none of that has anything to do with Mick, who is getting surrounded by his mates in the ring celebrating which you barely see .

Whoever scripted that segment fucked up big time. I hate it.

That's one way of looking at it. But I didn't mind. And I doubt Mick Foley did either. I don't think he would've ever won it cleanly, so I'll take it. It was a lot of fun, and his shout-out to his kids was adorable.

Spice? Cmon yall.

Kimberly is great but Fyre is where it's at.

Not a fan of fake bosoms. And Spice seemed like the most talented of the bunch.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Not a fan of fake bosoms. And Spice seemed like the most talented of the bunch.

I'm a big fan of female empowerment, whatever makes you feel good.

When it comes to the Spice Girls, speaking of Spice, I always liked Sports Spice and Scary Spice most.

I've shed some light on stuff on GAF before, but it was minor stuff (little details about Twilight Princess HD, for example).
Wait, you work for Nintendo?
Yeah, I'm one of those jerks people call for customer support. So not *directly* an NOA employee, but still under that whole umbrella.
Using Nintendo earned money on Playstation products, biting the hand that feeds!

not that there's anything Nintendo to buy right now
We're actually encouraged to play everything, believe it or not. Or at least that's what our training instructor is encouraging us to do. That, and to not "badmouth the competition." He also says that Earthbound is overrated, so I know he's a good guy.
LOL

they didn't pay you last time you worked there?
I meant first check since they brought me back, should've clarified. :p Training last week started after the pay period ended, so I'm definitely looking forward to tomorrow.
Bet he's an uncle too.

I'd be mortified if I were, since my brother is 12.

klonere

Banned
https://twitter.com/BookItGabe/status/725709305173950464

I know he's in a partnership with them but even with the talent plucking the WWE is doing, the level of exposure they offer vs the usual grind on social media is so far and away bigger.

Is this a true win win situation engineered by Hunter/NXT/Indies?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NSVxUbVPZhA B&V review the finish to Shelly/Rebel from TNA

So so so good. I nearly died on the bus into work. Biggest smile on my face possible.

https://twitter.com/BookItGabe/status/725709305173950464

I know he's in a partnership with them but even with the talent plucking the WWE is doing, the level of exposure they offer vs the usual grind on social media is so far and away bigger.

Is this a true win win situation engineered by Hunter/NXT/Indies?
"WWE has given Progress and 4 talents over 100,000 viewers in less than 24 hours."

I'd say so. The indies have always had to deal with the WWE turnover, at least now there's benefit coming back.

Top Bottom