• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

WWE should plan for the future and book someone like Jimmy King, who is stated to have not lost ever in his career (so at least 20 years) before getting screwed.

It has begun.

minus the not losing ever

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Natty's such a consummate professional.
Ric threatens to kill her and she proceeds to shill the Network without skipping a beat.
Chick is unflappable.

My gut instinct is to say the original Nexus invasion.

Christ you're a fucking tumor on anyone actually enjoying wrestling.

shaowebb

https://youtu.be/QfY6X5XD4Jg

A Glimps Into CHIKARA: Action Arcade Wrestling.

It looks good!

I can never hate anything Chikara. They're comedy and meant to be corny as shit, but when they want to they can wrestle just about anyone.

Check the Lucha Underground vs Gentleman's Club Match

Better than anything I've seen on WWE in years. Seeing matches like this remind me the Chuck Taylor came up alongside Ricochet in the beginning.Him and Gulak can wrestle fast and technical.

klonere

Banned
These NXT Axxess shows are insufferable bad holy shit. Asuka selling for Eva is the dirt worst.

Dash and Dawson was pretty good though.

ZSJ has been a main target in the criticism of the "indie shit" wrestling genre for quite a while now. It's not for everyone and that's ok.

Not trying to imply people can't like what they want, sorry, of course that's OK.

It's just I go to places that not 6 months ago were all over his dick, and the groundswell got him an Observer award last year, and now for reasons they hate him. And none of their reasons ever make sense.

Kurita

Why do people put the Superkick on a pedestal and complain that it's a "regular" move nowadays? What about other moves that were "finishers" 25 years ago and that everybody use in 2016?

klonere

Banned
Jesus Meltzer was full on doom and gloom on Raw, saying that they are now losing males at big clip which hasn't really happened yet. And by the time they switch back to 2 hours if it ever happens, it will be way too late to save the show.

I think we are going to see WWE hit TNA on Spike ratings this year.

Not trying to imply people can't like what they want, sorry, of course that's OK.

It's just I go to places that not 6 months ago were all over his dick, and the groundswell got him an Observer award last year, and now for reasons they hate him. And none of their reasons ever make sense.

Those reasons are (in case no-one else knows)

- I could beat him up!!!
- Skinny
- Hands down by the sides
- Looks funny
- British
- Technical spot monkey - first half of his matches is just him showing off with no payoff
- Really skinny
- Overpushed (seriously....)
- Gimmicky submissions that take way to much to put on

There are a stunning amount of ZSJ talking points in such a short amount of time. Can't wait for the Ospreay backlash.

Why do people put the Superkick on a pedestal and complain that it's a "regular" move nowadays? What about other moves that were "finishers" 25 years ago and that everybody use in 2016?

I fucking love superkicks no matter how much they are spammed. I can buy it as a big spot, transitional, spammed move or a finisher. BUT ITS A FINISHER whiners can fuck off.

Jesus Meltzer was full on doom and gloom on Raw, saying that they are now losing males at big clip which hasn't really happened yet. And by the time they switch back to 2 hours if it ever happens, it will be way too late to save the show.

I think we are going to see WWE hit TNA on Spike ratings this year.

Those reasons are (in case no-one else knows)

- I could beat him up!!!
- Skinny
- Hands down by the sides
- Looks funny
- British
- Technical spot monkey - first half of his matches is just him showing off with no payoff
- Really skinny
- Overpushed (seriously....)
- Gimmicky submissions that take way to much to put on

There are a stunning amount of ZSJ talking points in such a short amount of time. Can't wait for the Ospreay backlash.
The one that always gets me is "his submissions don't hurt it's bullshit", which is easily countered with a Boots GIF I can't find now :/

klonere

Banned
The one that always gets me is "his submissions don't hurt it's bullshit", which is easily countered with a Boots GIF I can't find now :/

I think his triangle can look weak sometimes but that's like one of god knows how many actual submissions he uses. His armbar variations look disgusting and his octopus/black widow thing he uses as an ultra finisher just looks insane.

klonere

Banned
The ones he locked on Webster in the GCS highlight video looked nasty. Poor Webster got destroyed in that match.

Reminded me of the Haskins/Gibson match I watched yesterday as well, Haskins was just coming off a match with Kenny Omega and he looked beat up as hell. Poor Webster just totally annihilated.

Striker

To me it's about the abundance of people using it, and specifically a few who spam it like it has no effect or consequence.

Same deal to suicide dives. Notice how many do it on a weekly basis.

klonere

Banned
I would agree about there being too much dives, unlike superkicks the move is more risky than most for all involved and most look super shitty. Looking at you Dean.

Raw64life

The NJPW match with Kushida was my first Ospreay match and it made me feel like I could relate to Jim Cornette. It was the definition of doing flippy shit just because you can with no logic behind it whatsoever. Also, I don't know if he always does it, but his method of selling for most of the match was just shouting "Hey ay ay ay!" whenever he got hit and I wanted to tape his mouth shut. It was only one match, but I wasn't impressed.

klonere

Banned
The NJPW match with Kushida was my first Ospreay match and it made me feel like I could relate to Jim Cornette. It was the definition of doing flippy shit just because you can with no logic behind it whatsoever. Also, I don't know if he always does it, but his method of selling for most of the match was just shouting "Hey ay ay ay!" whenever he got hit and I wanted to tape his mouth shut. It was only one match, but I wasn't impressed.

Hrm, well if that was your first impression I don't think there is much I can say that will change your mind on it. I thought his selling was great - collapsed doing a handspring because of KUSHIDA working the arm, then did a no hand handspring (!) was super cool.

But I mean if you think he flips too much in the first place well...not much else I can say, that's his thing. He's no more excessive than any other Jr. out there right now, be it Kamaitachi, Sydal Ricochet etc etc.

Hrm, well if that was your first impression I don't think there is much I can say that will change your mind on it. I thought his selling was great - collapsed doing a handspring because of KUSHIDA working the arm, then did a no hand handspring (!) was super cool.

But I mean if you think he flips too much in the first place well...not much else I can say, that's his thing. He's no more excessive than any other Jr. out there right now, be it Kamaitachi, Sydal Ricochet etc etc.

Yeah, that KUSHIDA match is generally the one that had all the people who've never seen Ospreay outside an exhibition to stop saying all he does is flippy shit.
Jack Gallagher won an MMA fight this month u wot m8 was it some shoot style thing

https://twitter.com/GentlemanJackG/status/724279763427319813

His debut fight was here: https://www.facebook.com/GPUK2009/videos/1090496264307671/

mhs004

Jericho now isn't doing anything for me. Whenever he keeps saying you stupid idiot, it makes me cringe so hard.

Although I still do enjoy that time he strangled JBL

08%2Bjericho%2Bjbl.jpg
I'm sure he wants to say other stuff but that's as bad as he can get before going into tv-14 territory. Blame the wwe, not him, on this one.

Valkrai

I'm sure he wants to say other stuff but that's as bad as he can get before going into tv-14 territory. Blame the wwe, not him, on this one.

Never thought of it like that but isn't there some room to improvise without having to get TV-14? Even minor swears or literally anything that isn't just calling people idiots all the time.

mhs004

Never thought of it like that but isn't there some room to improvise without having to get TV-14? Even minor swears or literally anything that isn't just calling people idiots all the time.
Yea I can understand that. I'm getting the vibe he's wanting to call people a "dumbass" but he's going for what he thinks is the best alternative. I agree on the cringe to lol. I'll revise my thoughts to say is both their faults.

Top Bottom