• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

Fox318

Vince will never allow this to happen. Unless it's to put Obama through a table.

h12C7WZ.png

bjork

Doing giant MMA cage fights tournament in Fire Pro Wrestling Returns is still the most fun I ever had with a wrestling game

40-man rumbles in Revenge with the rules set to KO only, for me. Just to see if I could make it through. I don't think I ever did.

Sephzilla

I noticed that and found it funny...

FAVE FIVE WRASSLE GAMES!

1. WCW/nWo Revenge
2. WWF No Mercy
3. Def Jam: Fight for NY (counting it!)
4. Def Jam Vendetta
5. WWF Royal Rumble (SNES)

1) WWF No Mercy
2) WCW/nWo Revenge
3) WrestleMania: The Arcade Game
4) WWE All-Stars
5) Fire Pro Wrestling Returns

Watching last night's Lucha Underground, I feel like Prince Puma has lost so much of what made him so special last season. Of course, I kind of feel that way about this season of the show in general, so ...

miserable

Bret shootin':

"I'm always happy to be proven wrong, but I've never seen any real genius come from Triple H yet. I sound like I'm always knocking him, but it seems like he's quick to push the great wrestling to the side and push the bodies, guys who have [good] physiques, all the time. They wonder why CM Punk quit and they wonder why Daniel Bryan got hurt. It's because they squeeze so much out of those guys." Hart said, "I'm just calling it the way it is. Triple H is a former bodybuilder. He's all about bodies. He thought that Hulk Hogan was the greatest wrestler in the world. They think Ultimate Warrior was the greatest wrestler in the world because that's what they're attracted to, but he's not really a wrestling fan like I grew up. I was a wrestling fan. I had wrestling in my blood. All the way through, I was a wrestling fan. I loved great wrestling. Like this year's WrestleMania, there was no great wrestling on the card. All the great wrestling was two days before in the NXT [TakeOver: Dallas] show with [Shinsuke] Nakamura and Sami Zayn and [Asuka], whatever her name is, the Japanese girl, that wrestled Bayley. That's what WrestleMania is all about. This year at WrestleMania, I thought it was absent on the bill. There was no wrestling on the card."

bjork

I kinda doubt HHH thought Warrior was the greatest. Also, he studied tapes to learn Ric's motions on stuff like the kneedrop. I think he's more of a student than Bret gives him credit for here.

Sephzilla

Bret, I love ya, but I don't think he's entirely right on this one and I think his brain is accidentally confusing HHH with Vince. He straight up praises NXT Takeover Dallas, which is something HHH is way more hands-on with.

I think Bret needs to let his grudge with HHH go. I know HHH was the guy who actually proposed the Montreal screwjob, but that was 20 years ago.

Aiii

So not worth it
So he has say in story lines and is one of the heads of nxt?

He runs talent recruitment, is in charge of the performance center (Google it, if you're unfamiliar) and is indeed in charge of the creative team, the writers, the on-road producers, etc.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
So he has say in story lines and is one of the heads of nxt?

He's the head booker for NXT and also picks out who they sign. He has a role in creative on the main roster, although the head booker is still Vince. He's also a character on the show.

Vince still has final say on anything that happens on the main roster (he has no involvement with NXT beyond calling up performers to the main roster).

Stephanie is the Chief Brand Officer, which is basically a Public Relations position for executives who own a lot of stock (despite the fact that Steph also has a PR rep for herself, she is the PR rep for WWE). She's also a character on the show.

Shane is literally just a character who happens to own a few million dollars in shares.

XenoRaven

There's a lot wrong with that Bret quote, but I have an especially hard time taking someone seriously when they can't name one of the people in the match they're holding up as an example of their point.

Aiii

So not worth it
There's a lot wrong with that Bret quote, but I have an especially hard time taking someone seriously when they can't name one of the people in the match they're holding up as an example of their point.

On the other hand, he's had a stroke and if you've ever known anyone whose had one you can forgive a forgetful mind in such a person.

Zach

In what way is that game realistic? I honestly have no idea, as I haven't played it.

And will someone please tell me how to play Fire Pro Returns? Come on!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Triple H is essentially being groomed to takeover the company when Vince is gone.

The vague outline of it that I heard was that Shane was hoping to do that, and Vince basically said no and he left to work on ventures in China (which failed). Steph was also going to do that but there was a lot of dissatisfaction with whatever her role in creative was (she no longer is in creative at all, her role with the company is entirely in a executive level PR capacity and as a performer). So now I guess HHH is going to run the company given that his responsibilities are a lot closer to Vince's than anyone else's.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Triple H's wrestling problem has always been that he's supposed to be a tactful, cerebral, meticulous character

but he works at like 100% speed. and hits big scripted spots like a Hogan-esque babyface. It clashes so badly. It's why the Mr. H's matches have been better because his age has caused him to slow down whether he wants to or not.

Kaladin

I also agree that HHH was never that good, he good but he never quite reach that next level, like Shawn or Bryan.

I disagree, Triple H reached the next level in 2000 starting with his feud with Foley and then trading the title back and forth with The Rock.

Zach

Triple H's wrestling problem has always been that he's supposed to be a tactful, cerebral, meticulous character

but he works at like 100% speed. and hits big scripted spots like a Hogan-esque babyface. It clashes so badly. It's why the Mr. H's matches have been better because his age has caused him to slow down whether he wants to or not.

Mmhmm, mmhmm. You are wise, Data West.

Sephzilla

Totally agree. Authority HHH is best HHH

Current WWE games labeling themselves as "realistic simulations" is ridiculous when KOC2 and Fire Pro Returns exists.

Playing wrestling video games over the years is the equivalent to going to a restaurant and ordering your usual, and each time more and more meat has been stripped away and stuffed with shiny lard.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The vague outline of it that I heard was that Shane was hoping to do that, and Vince basically said no and he left to work on ventures in China (which failed). Steph was also going to do that but there was a lot of dissatisfaction with whatever her role in creative was (she no longer is in creative at all, her role with the company is entirely in a executive level PR capacity and as a performer). So now I guess HHH is going to run the company given that his responsibilities are a lot closer to Vince's than anyone else's.

It's a hard sell for the board of directors, which is why he's running NXT. So experience can trump his lack of education.

Top Bottom