• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

Anth0ny

What are Bodies of Shoot?

holy fuck I was ready to post exactly this after seeing that cover LOL

of course, one would have to be the underseller, as the best pure striker in wwe

tBd7p1u.jpg

and with him, his fellow shooting partner, shane o mac:

IQkZnG5.gif

Well beat knack. What in the fuck were they thinking with this shit? You only use 5 buttons the entire game.

So mankind gives the rock a party, fuck I know everyone changed the television tonight. Luckily I support one of them or I would've said fuck it. Get it together wwf. .

Hot rumor going around that Sinclair Broadcasting, the company that owns Ring of Honor, is going to go hard to purchase TNA. They would basically kill the company and Ring of Honor would assume the international TV deals that TNA has. They would also take ownership of the TNA video library.

Striker

I think it's just WWE smelling blood in the water, looking to buy the TV tapes up.

While people may hate Triple H, it seems like he's a bloodthirsty businessman for wrestling.
No different than Vince drying up all the territories in the 80's. You become your own competition. Thankfully WCW/NWA was something of an alternative. There isn't something like that now (for NA).

KingBroly

Banned
No different than Vince drying up all the territories in the 80's. You become your own competition. Thankfully WCW/NWA was something of an alternative. There isn't something like that now (for NA).

UFC is it, honestly. It's making the audience demand new things.

UberTag

Hot rumor going around that Sinclair Broadcasting, the company that owns Ring of Honor, is going to go hard to purchase TNA. They would basically kill the company and Ring of Honor would assume the international TV deals that TNA has. They would also take ownership of the TNA video library.
That's almost the only way the TNA library preserves some sort of value. Because the WWE might actually want to purchase Ring of Honor someday.

oddjobs

They're apparently doing some rearrangement of their channels, resulting in a "Sports Channel" which would likely need some more programming => TNA library could provide that at a reasonable price.

I kind of like the idea of ROH/Sinclair becoming a bigger player.

Oh, anyone catch those HORRIBLE piped in reactions on Smackdown? Like crowd going "OHHHH" when Styles said he'd step on Roman's cape :D

klonere

Banned
Speaking of Noam it was hilarious to listen to Meltz and Alvarez fucking up the pronunciation of his name and calling him "The Israeli kid".

I think they might be a tiny bit out of touch with the British scene.

Speaking of Noam it was hilarious to listen to Meltz and Alvarez fucking up the pronunciation of his name and calling him "The Israeli kid".

I think they might be a tiny bit out of touch with the British scene.

lol when was this? They are massively out of touch. There's still a bit of a chip on the shoulder of the British scene for not getting coverage, I think that's starting to change a little. Da Meltz at least got someone in to write a weekly highlights column up.

klonere

Banned
lol when was this? They are massively out of touch. There's still a bit of a chip on the shoulder of the British scene for not getting coverage, I think that's starting to change a little. Da Meltz at least got someone in to write a weekly highlights column up.

I think it was sometime last week, they were talking about the GCS. Alvarez I don't expect anything from he doesn't follow American indies at all and Meltz gives a cursory look in now and again (he raved over the Rev Pro Scrull/Ospreay match earlier in the year) but the guy watches so much other stuff I can kind of forgive him. He talks a bit more about it in the newsletter rather than on shows I think.

I'm close to caught up now, one and a half shows left till I'm up to the latest PROGRESS chapter. Thatcher/Gallagher was super cool and I was surprised that Thatcher lost, just gotta get through End/Lynch and HASK HIM/Scrull.

EDIT: An OT thread for Eric Young? In NXT? Come on guys, leave that shit to bean, y'all are a disgrace.

Jamie OD

I know the sharper members of wrestling gaf have gradually begun to see my point about Full Sail. But for those of you who haven't, I hope you find the fact that they chant "holy shit" at Eric Young enlightening.

How much of the Full Sail crowd used to be the Impact Zone crowd?

Kurita

I know the sharper members of wrestling gaf have gradually begun to see my point about Full Sail. But for those of you who haven't, I hope you find the fact that they chant "holy shit" at Eric Young enlightening.
I was thinking about that.
You make Eric Young debut elsewhere and people would be like "Who the fuck is this jobber"

klonere

Banned
NXT seems like more of a well paid retirement home than developmental at this stage. Old guys getting that last big payday for a year or 2 before riding off into the sunset.

Aiii

So not worth it
This thread is at its most insufferable when there's yet another big whinefest about crowd chants.

Mute your sound and get over it, for fucks sake.

I still can't believe the pop for Nakamura's first entrance last night, as soon as the first note hit the roof exploded and stayed that way till his entrance was done.

orioto

Good Art™
NXT seems like more of a well paid retirement home than developmental at this stage. Old guys getting that last big payday for a year or 2 before riding off into the sunset.

This is exactly what WWE is for AJ Styles, and i'm damn sure the title chance was part of the contract.

Take big money, have your WWE history, then a nice HOF + development agent contract for your old days.

Also i hate Eric Young. His skin looks like he's from Fukushima and that voice makes my throat hurt each time i hear it.

This thread is at its most insufferable when there's yet another big whinefest about crowd chants.

Mute your sound and get over it, for fucks sake.

this x10000000000000000000 fuck off with that shit
I think it was sometime last week, they were talking about the GCS. Alvarez I don't expect anything from he doesn't follow American indies at all and Meltz gives a cursory look in now and again (he raved over the Rev Pro Scrull/Ospreay match earlier in the year) but the guy watches so much other stuff I can kind of forgive him. He talks a bit more about it in the newsletter rather than on shows I think.

I'm close to caught up now, one and a half shows left till I'm up to the latest PROGRESS chapter. Thatcher/Gallagher was super cool and I was surprised that Thatcher lost, just gotta get through End/Lynch and HASK HIM/Scrull.
Now you're going to be stuck in the monthly wait cycle :p

I still can't believe the pop for Nakamura's first entrance last night, as soon as the first note hit the roof exploded and stayed that way till his entrance was done.

Hold up, Nakamura was on Smackdown?! I should not have come here before watching. In a perfect world AJ Styles will take the title from Bugle Boy and a Styles/Nakamura feud will carry on for a good while before Nakamura yanks the title at Summer Slam or whatever.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Hold up, Nakamura was on Smackdown?! I should not have come here before watching. In a perfect world AJ Styles will take the title from Bugle Boy and a Styles/Nakamura feud will carry on for a good while before Nakamura yanks the title at Summer Slam or whatever.
He went to the NXT taping.

Zach

Constant complaining about chants is kind of annoying, but who am I to judge when I'm constantly complaining about the shaky zoom zoom cam when I watch a PPV with you guys?

Top Bottom