• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
More like eat my insufferable existence.

Speaking of which, I'm catching up on NXT right now and watching Eva Marie hit the ropes makes me physically angry. I swear you can read the "Okay one, two, three steps....TURN!" on her face as she attempts to. Fucking...goddamn it..

I started ranting so much about how much I hate the inability to sell the irish whip properly the other day until my wife was sick of it.

It's one of those things that's really obvious with bad female performers because they don't have the weight to hide that they're just stopping and turning around.

Zach

tumblr_nzciblrLKZ1sj4xr4o1_400.gif

Wooow.

klonere

Banned
Eric Young made it to NXT TV before La Sombra.

They have bigger plans for La Sombra, an entire tourny to put him over and the memory of OG Sin Cara burns deep BUT STILL it's funny to think about

So guys, I make my debut as a wrestling ring announcer at a show tomorrow.

Any tips?
Watch and listen to clips of Lillian Garcia...and then don't do what she does.
I started ranting so much about how much I hate the inability to sell the irish whip properly the other day until my wife was sick of it.

It's one of those things that's really obvious with bad female performers because they don't have the weight to hide that they're just stopping and turning around.

I liked how Rey Mysterio did it and just bounced off the second rope. I wonder how viable that would be for the female wrestlers?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I've got a couple of shows left to watch on Netflix and a few other streaming services but it looks like I'm going to get back into week by week wrestling soon. It ate up a lot of free time last time I did it!

So probably in June I'll start 1998 Raw, WWE PPVs, and Nitro. Already watched all the WCW PPVs.

Everything up until 2004 is complete for WWE primetime shows. I wonder if the missing Nitros will be done by the time I get there.

klonere

Banned
No way! No way no way no way! Jo-se! Jose! (in the Ole Sami Zayn rhythm)

You can't do this. You are building up a man with no hope. NO HOPE. He's Adam Rose and Zack Ryder and the Ascension AND the Vaudevillians AND Tyler Breeze wrapped up into one, ready to bury on the main roster package.

You are a monster.

Gurrry

Smackdown last night was actually good.

If WWE really is going to put Roman with Karl and Luke, they are doing everything to throw us off the scent.

Booking Roman against heels, make AJ act a little more heelish, constantly tease that "Did AJ hire Gallows and Anderson for protection?" angle, Usos coming out to help Roman all the time...

If Payback comes and we really do get that giant heel turn with Roman siding with G&A, then damn, amazing booking all month long WWE.

However, I think we all know how these things go.

Theyll try and turn AJ heel to make Roman a babyface. And all of the booking wasnt a swerve, so everything at Payback can basically be predicted.

Kaladin

Does she call that their internet HQ in those videos? I'm going off memory and can't get sound on it at work.

Also, she looks like the same random hot chick places like IGN hires to do these kind of videos.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It's almost as though I'm on your ignore list...

:-(

:)

I misread this and though SD had been on for a lot longer than it has...
No way Browny. I'm on mobile so I miss a lot.

So guys, I make my debut as a wrestling ring announcer at a show tomorrow.

Any tips?
Have your voice crack Chimel style if you have to use the term superstar.

Or for actual more obvious advice, clear voice, ensure you've got any odd pronunciations down.

The bald guy looks like the type of person who would get angry at people for not liking TLoU as much as he does
We'll feel his wrath when Uncharted 4 drops soon.

I've got a couple of shows left to watch on Netflix and a few other streaming services but it looks like I'm going to get back into week by week wrestling soon. It ate up a lot of free time last time I did it!

So probably in June I'll start 1998 Raw, WWE PPVs, and Nitro. Already watched all the WCW PPVs.

Everything up until 2004 is complete for WWE primetime shows. I wonder if the missing Nitros will be done by the time I get there.
I'd rather they get SNH on there before putting the missing Nitros lol.

imBask

Banned
Have your voice crack Chimel style if you have to use the term superstar.

Or for actual more obvious advice, clear voice, ensure you've got any odd pronunciations down.

We'll feel his wrath when Uncharted 4 drops soon.

"The gameplay is fine in Uncharted" -That bald guy

Smackdown last night was actually good.

If WWE really is going to put Roman with Karl and Luke, they are doing everything to throw us off the scent.

Booking Roman against heels, make AJ act a little more heelish, constantly tease that "Did AJ hire Gallows and Anderson for protection?" angle, Usos coming out to help Roman all the time...

If Payback comes and we really do get that giant heel turn with Roman siding with G&A, then damn, amazing booking all month long WWE.

However, I think we all know how these things go.

Theyll try and turn AJ heel to make Roman a babyface. And all of the booking wasnt a swerve, so everything at Payback can basically be predicted.
The thing is, I really don't think a swerve with Reigns siding with Gallows/Anderson is good booking at this point. It'd be something people aren't expecting but that's about it

If they never had any physical contact and it was just Usos getting killed every week with Reigns staredowns then you have the seeds planted, otherwise it's just a lazy swerve. GOTCHA!

Something I am disappointed by is that there hasn't been any backstage stuff with Gallows/Anderson where they're saying like "yo man did you talk to him? Yeah we told him the plan" where you're like "who are they talking about? AJ?" and it ends up being Finn/Reigns/whoever

miserable

20 years ago, on this day:

Hashimoto challenges Takada for the IWGP Heavyweight Championship. NJPW vs UWFi. Big fight feel in the Tokyo Dome!

a25pSWO.gif

Hashimoto looks a little shook, maybe cause he wasn't expecting the massive pop he gets when he walks out. Meanwhile Takada is cool as a cucumber.

aRaUgO8.gif

C8fY3K6.gif

Takada's plan was simple. Kick the shit out of Hash then make him submit with a hold.Too bad for him Hashimoto was having none of that.

X4LAldD.gif

pxiJWsJ.gif

The stiffness of the kicks are over 9000. I love it maggle!
Every time Hashimoto gets some offence in, the Tokyo Dome explodes. I mean some INSANE pops! He knows it's his night, so he tries to hit his vertical brainbuster on Takada a couple of times. When he finally does, the Dome erupts.

0Ionpbw.gif

After the battle, the two shook hands and bow in a sign of respect.

BRAvzkB.gif

I love this match. Not too long, not too short, with just the right amount of action.And the Dome atmosphere is off the charts, which adds a lot to the quality.
You can watch it here, sorry for the potato quality but it's all i got:
http://rutube.ru/video/4ddeabaa59571b440803a9340558780f/

Top Bottom