• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

Gurrry

tumblr_o50lvtguS81sbzhteo1_400.gif

seeing these gifs makes me feel better

DMczaf

Did You Know?

Shane/Taker and Roman/Triple H matches went for a combined 58 minutes.

This does not count the entrances.

Nope, nope, and hell to the no.

I would've liked for Sasha to win (and I think it may have had made more sense), but I'm not mad at Charlotte winning at all. Plus it sets up a 1v1 with a "no Ric at ringside" stipulation. Charlotte's heel work is pretty damn good, and now that she has the new Women's Title she can rub it in everyone's faces. So yes, I absolutely think she came out of WM better than when she went in.

Triple H and New Day, I mainly just loved their matches.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm one of the bigger Bray apologists out there and rarely believe in the 'buried' thing...

but dude is cooked after that holy shit

I would like to see Corbin vs AJ

shanafan

I desperately want to see someone defend that whole segment

Desperately

One of the "optimists" here, please. I implore you. Tell me the magical way this was good.

I got to see John Cena!

Same here, been missing the dude. I am going to Raw in July, and he is in my top 3 wrestlers that I haven't seen live yet. My other two are Rollins and Owens.

Sucks that I went to the Raw after Fastlane when Shane returned, and for some reason, KO wasn't there.

I desperately want to see someone defend that whole segment

Desperately

One of the "optimists" here, please. I implore you. Tell me the magical way this was good.

I got to see one of my favorite wrestlers of all time (The Rock) bury one of the groups I dislike the most (Wyatt Family) both in the ring and on the mic. The only way it could've been better is if the Wyatts didn't show up at all, and the Social Outcasts got buried instead, because I dislike them even more.

ElRenoRaven

You know. I think tonight broke me. I really just don't give a shit about WWE anymore. Well the main roster. Think I'm just going to watch NXT anymore. WWE has managed to really just make me not care about anyone on the main roster anymore.

Never thought I'd see the day that would happen. :(

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Whelp this was the worst Wrestlemania ever.

Even those that consider it bad...have you seen 2? 4? 11? 15? 29? 27? 9?

2 and 4 are shitshows and super long to boot. 9 has even crazier booking decisions for each match. 11 has the worst card on paper. 15 is inexplicably boring. 27 and 29 are the worst modern shows.

What they're doing to the crowd doesn't matter to me. Good crowd and bad crowds can affect a match, but the actual reaction? It doesn't matter to me. If you boo who I like, okay. Not a big deal. And if a company tries to cover it up, alright. I still like what I like.

It should, hot crowds make event much better. They were half the fun of the attitude era and ecw stuff.

2 and 4 are shitshows and super long to boot. 9 has even crazier booking decisions for each match. 11 has the worst card on paper. 15 is inexplicably boring. 27 and 29 are the worst modern shows.

I've watched wrestling since WM5, I'd rather watch El Gigante stumble around than Reigns.

shanafan

7 will always remain in my top shows because it was the first one I ever watched live.

Sephzilla

Roman is going to continue feuding with HHH because absolutely nothing was resolved tonight . Shane losing just means the authority get to continue trying to keep the belt away from Roman

Kaladin

I thought most of the matches were good and nothing reached terrible levels except for the booking.

Why put Zack Ryder over other than to give him a pseudo brass ring to shut up the crowds that still cheer for him?

Why not let Shane McMahon win and actually have that angle go somewhere interesting instead of being vague and forgot about in a month's time?

Why did the Lesnar vs Ambrose match feel like it was 5 min too short? They cut it just as Ambrose was starting to pick up steam. I was okay with the finish of Brock saying fuck that hardcore shit and sending it home, they just got to it too quick.

Why ruin probably the best women's match in Wrestlemania history with that ending? I mean, come on.

Also, the ending of Triple H vs Roman was lazy as fuck. How many times is Triple H going to go for the sledge hammer or whatever, say fuck wrestling, I'm going to beat the crap out of this guy and loose because of it?

And while these are all fun and good, did they seriously do the legends destroy a job squad angle twice tonight?

And while we're touching on that.....I get that they wanted the guy to job in six seconds and were probably protecting Bray, but...let's forget that the outcome is predetermined here.

You're Bray Wyatt of the Wyatt family and "The Great One" has just issued your family an open challenge to a one on one match on the grandest stage of them all? Why wouldn't YOU take it?

And don't even get me started about the ARMBAR. No one in that match would have benefited from winning it. No one. Not even Corbin. Corbin is not going to debut on the main roster tomorrow and I will eat my hat if he does. He is only just now turning things around where he's good in NXT but still needs more time. He was probably the best choice of the jobbers and giants that were there, but damn, that's not saying much.

Overall, I didn't love it, but I also didn't hate as the wrestling itself was enjoyable at least. I'd rank it above the clusterfuck that was WM27, but not by much.

On a final note, can we just get this Roman Empire era over with?

I have never seen one that felt like it hated its audience this much. Certainly not live. Certainly not in the last 16 years.

A 6 second match where the burial didn't stop after the bell rang. A women's match deemed important ending because of a man. A person, who spent 6 weeks saying he'd go down and keep getting up, getting squashed with little offense and losing to a single finisher. A person, booed for over a full year to the day, winning the belt in the main event as the face to even more boos while the camera refuses to even cut to the crowd during the celebration pyro, resulting in the stupidest camera cuts ever (again, out of spite).

Top Bottom