• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

Fox318

Few notes from the people I was watching mania with

1 lapsed fan from the late 90s who loved WCW back then.
1 person who was at wrestlemania 4
Everyone else was watching and asking if this was fake

Few comments:

• Old Guys were over with them but then they asked why are they still doing this
  • They all despite not knowing Roman reigns didn't like him.
  • Lapsed fans fucking hated HHH. Called him a bloated bitch who is just as boring now as he was in the 90s.
  • They enjoyed the women the most
  • Shane's bump and Owen's ladder bump scared the shit out of them
  • They all thought Stardust was Goldust's son and he sucked.
  • Knew Ryder was from NY because of what his dad looked like.
  • Thought it was odd shane came out with his kids to die
  • One person asked why Mike from the Real world was out there.
  • All thought Brock was something real compared to everyone else
  • Thought the New Day were called the Booty Os and that they were fucking weird
  • Could not stop talking about the size of Big E's quads
  • All hated Steph despite most not knowing who she was.

But I predicted it with only having seen about 1/2 of one Zack Ryder match ever. If I can see the future, do I need to watch?

Word to Blue, this is more my speed.
Two pieces are gone but that means less calories. Because less calories are awesome. Like DDP.

Caderfix

there's a lot of baseball tonight guys. Pick a game, let's watch it together instead of RAW, let's make entertainment great again

Baseball is the most boring thing in the world. I would rather see a 60min Iron Man match between The Undertaker and Mark Henry than watching any baseball game ever.

there's a lot of baseball tonight guys. Pick a game, let's watch it together instead of RAW, let's make entertainment great again

You chaps across the pond sure are strange ones

Luschient

One last rant (and this might be my fever talking):

WWE has really done irreparable damage to their brand these last couple of years. If I'm solely looking at myself and demographic, I'm mid-30s, married, two young kids, full-time job, all that sort of thing. So I only have a very short amount of time in a given week for wrestling. WWE has extremely abused that time with 3+ hour RAWs and that 6+ hour WM last night.

I started watching wrestling in '91 and am still watching in 2016. There is NOTHING else that I was doing/watching back then that I'm still doing/watching today other than that. I'm not still playing with Transformers, not still watching the Simpsons, not still listening to Guns N Roses. Everyone who posts here knows that for some reason, when wrestling "gets" you, it f'n "gets" you. And I feel like an addict, making promises to "not watch again".

For me it really boils down to me now feeling like my very little free time is being wasted on this half-ass product combined with their criminal booking of certain performers that should have main-evented multiple WMs by this point.

I greatly enjoy WrassleGaf which has been the saving grace for anything wrestling-related for me and has been the only real enjoyment I've gotten out of wrestling in some time now.

I do need to give LU a shot, cutting RAW out of my diet should free up time to do just that.

Strax

Posted this in the Wrestlmania thread

So Bryan Alvarez says everybody was booing Roman during the match but after he won everbody cheered and nobody booed.

People on Wreddit saying the reason Ambrose lost last night is because of Reigns. meaning that because Reigns was able to beat/stand up to Brock it meant that Ambrose couldn't win. That match was just flat out boring and completely uneventful. It had nothing to do with Reigns at all. Blame the writers / front office for building up some major hype and then failing to deliver.

People on Wreddit saying the reason Ambrose lost last night is because of Reigns. meaning that because Reigns was able to beat/stand up to Brock it meant that Ambrose couldn't win. That match was just flat out boring and completely uneventful. It had nothing to do with Reigns at all. Blame the writers / front office for building up some major hype and then failing to deliver.
I thought the samw thing too. Even though finishers should be protected, he was done after one F5.

Roman kicks out of a pedigree but Dean doesn't.

But one of these guys have had batteries thrown at him.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
LOL, baseball? Baseball's dead as Dillinger, pal

lmao. Reddit. Idiots. They just make up shit to fit their confirmation bias. They're terrible.

Raw64life

Sorry, getting buried by main eventers is not getting a rub. It doesn't move Bray any higher up the card, doesn't make him more popular, just makes him look like he can't hang with the big boys.

Accurate.

I'm a Mets fan. Right after Mania ended I turned on ESPN just in time to see the Mets blow the game in the 9th inning with 2 on and 2 out. It was the cherry on the shit sundae.

imBask

Banned
Baseball is still better than RAW. Watching Max Landis ramble on his dad for 3h is better than RAW. Max Landis is better than RAW

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
this Max Landis year is gonna be a long year.

Dean doesn't wear padding on his chest to soften the blow, though. Totally canon
Shit, I forgot all about that. This is ridiculous.

In other news, I was watching Fall Brawl War Games last night and I fell asleep after DDP beat Warrior wannabe. I woke up maybe 30 minutes later to see Harlem Heat come out with Sister Sherri and all I know is I was jamming.

Aiii

So not worth it
Steph is the biggest heel in the company. She is a heat volcano.

Are people surprised people popped for her getting some comeuppance.

I think everyone gets this.

Aside from Vickie once shoving her in a pool of shit chocolate pudding, she didn't get any payback for all the shit she's done in like half a decade.

Fox318

Did Charlotte lose in 4 seconds to someone?

No? So what are you talking about?

Charlotte lost by roll up in 5 seconds to Natty Last year on her debut on Raw promoting a Takeover event in Charlotte.

I refuse to believe HHH is that dumb to have his champ lose in her hometown in 4 seconds to promote a network special.

That's on Vince and somebody like Hayes.

I thought the samw thing too. Even though finishers should be protected, he was done after one F5.

Roman kicks out of a pedigree but Dean doesn't.

But one of these guys have had batteries thrown at him.

I don't know, I just think it's smarky fans trying to justify their "hate" for roman or wrestling right now. There was a lot to piss and moan about over that match, but laying the blame on Reigns is wrong.

bjork

No Shane tonight right? Right?

He has to give up the lockbox info at some point.

Looking at the twitter I made for miitomo, I see some a screenshot from WM with some dildo holding up a sign about waluigi amiibos. That dildo has to be Dan Ryckert, right

This is just the funniest thing to me. Haha...

It's funny because it's true. I was with you on Twin Peaks, you be with me on baseball. Come on!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Looking at the twitter I made for miitomo, I see some a screenshot from WM with some dildo holding up a sign about waluigi amiibos. That dildo has to be Dan Ryckert, right

Come on!

yup, it was

Zach

It's funny because it's true. I was with you on Twin Peaks, you be with me on baseball. Come on!
Ha! Sure, why not? Baseball is great. Love it.

Zach

Doesn't look like I can watch New Japan using PlayStation Vue. That's a shame. I was going to check it out during my one-week trial.

Top Bottom