• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

I can echo the sentiments of many that the women's match and the ladder match were easily the best things to happen last night.

I've only been watching a month with this free trial and I'm already bored of basically every feud going on.

Zach

So Ryder won (woo!), AJ lost (wtf?), Rusev and Woods sold Stunners like champs, and Reigns has the belt.

I expect 4 rematches on Raw.

But the biggest thing I can think of, is Lesnar. Yes we've had a couple of good matches since he's come back, but barring the spectacle, he's brought nothing to the product at all. He's elevated no one, put no one over, helped no one, buried the business in interviews, it's getting stale now. And although you could argue the belt is slightly more important for him wearing it, I think I'd have preferred two or three others to have made the jump up over the past three years.

Honestly, if he left now I wouldn't miss him.

(But if he funds with Roman now, I'll watch...)
Browny's still the smartest man in WrassleGAF.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Predictions for tonight, anyone?

1. Show will open with a promo from Reigns and/or the Authority no question
2. 2nd hour opens with a Shane and/or Vince and/or Taker promo
3. Brie announces her retirement to open the 3rd hour

Happy they ditched the Diva's title but a bit of a bust of a PPV. Hopefully Raw becomes the darkest timeline and Vince hands Shane Smackdown because he's impressed with the HIAC match or, you know, lockbox thingy.

Frustrating to see WWE still aren't willing to really invest in their young talent (maybe the most talented roster they've ever had) and instead opt for cheap nostalgia pops with those who should be the future of the company serving as comedic foils to the old timers.

Overall I'd say my fav 5 from the weeekend:
1) Nakamura vs. Zayn
2) Women's Championship Triple Threat
3) IC Title Ladder match kerfuffle
4) NXT Tag Team Title Match
5) Asuka vs. Bayley

Zach

I think what certifies this WrestleMania as being 'bad' is that I can't think of a single match/segment from the show that I'd want to go back and watch again in future. Even the Women's Championship match, good as it was, was just a solid-good as opposed to an amazing-good.

Is there anyone here that's going to rewatch anything from WM32 a year from now?
Absolutely not. You are right.

Son Of D

1. Six man tag rematch. New Day vs LoN minus Barrett.
2. Ryder defending his IC title against Miz, Zayn and/or Owens.
3. Main Event is Reigns/Ambrose vs two of the Wyatts.

If something big doesn't happen tonight then you're fucked again. It's ten years ago all over again. But the difference between Cena and Reigns is the fact that Reigns is just her to collect a check. Cena actually liked the business. Reigns might be doing movies in 3 years and that'll be it. I want to call him Batista but Batista cared until they started to change the product.

Browny

Banned
Browny's still the smartest man in WrassleGAF.

giphy.gif

But to prove it even more, I'm going to watch Takeover again tonight.

1. Six man tag rematch. New Day vs LoN minus Barrett.
2. Ryder defending his IC title against Miz, Zayn and/or Owens.
3. Main Event is Reigns/Ambrose vs two of the Wyatts.

I heartily endorse this prediction.

MC Safety

Well... that were some very odd booking choices, to say the least.

I don't give a rats ass about "berried" or "not berried" (please retire this stupid expression), but some of the booking was very weird in that it doesn't really entice me to start watching WWE again.

I enjoy using "berried" to mock that very specific mentality wrestling fans have.

It's a nonsensical response to a nonsensical belief.

Fox318

L-O-L at people saying

Bray Wyatt was buried by getting time with one of the WWE's biggest stars

Rusev getting berried by taking a Stunner

New Day getting berried by losing

Roman Reigns will keep the belt until he beats Punk's imaginary "record" that isn't even a record because it's like, 9th

Rusev and New Day did.

Look what happened to bobby lashly.

Guys need to come out on top.

Same thing happened to Del Rio

Aiii

So not worth it
I would like to point out that I've already rewatched NXT TakeOver over the weekend.

And in fact seperately rewatched Zayn vs. Nakamura an additional time.

Hex

Banned

1: I think Vince will be kicking off the show, I would think.
You may not have HHH there, "Taking care of his wife who Roman speared but will be here next week".
2: Womans title match to kick off hour two.
3: Roman for the 10 o'clock hour.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Stephanie was wonderful during H's entrance. Loved it.

After that HHH entrance last night, I asked my wife if she'd allow Stephanie McMahon to join our family as a sister wife.

She didn't appreciate that.

Aiii

So not worth it
The only thing that's weird to me about the whole "you're all lazy bums" speech that The Authority does is that it worked fine when their audience were young high school and college students who literally were poor as fuck no-lifers. But now they're pretty much telling middle-class people with regular jobs and good lives that they're poor no-lifers that accomplished nothing and it just falls flat.

I mean, that speech would probably work better in front of the Full Sail crowd.

Entropia

No One Remembers
L-O-L at people saying

Rusev getting berried by taking a Stunner

New Day getting berried by losing

Roman Reigns will keep the belt until he beats Punk's imaginary "record" that isn't even a record because it's like, 9th

- I wouldn't say Bray was buried, but they should've let him hit the Sister Abigail on Cena.

- Rusev definitely wasn't buried.

- New Day definitely wasn't buried. Considering LoN lost up to that point, it made sense.

- Roamn probably won't beat that record. It is 12th in the sense of the truest length, but WWE positioned as longest reign in the 'Modern era' or some BS

ICW Barramania was pretty good, the highlight to me was Lionheart
using the Styles Clash to win the Zero-G championship
, crowd went mental for it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The only thing that's weird to me about the whole "you're all lazy bums" speech that The Authority does is that it worked fine when their audience were young high school and college students who literally were poor as fuck no-lifers. But now they're pretty much telling middle-class people with regular jobs and good lives that they're poor no-lifers that accomplished nothing and it just falls flat.

I mean, that speech would probably work better in front of the Full Sail crowd.

I wouldn't go that far, a lot of their current audience have no jobs either.

Luschient

Welp, I'm about to be "that guy". Think I'm done w/ rasslin for a while. I'll watch the start of Raw tonight purely for the crowd reaction (if we're allowed to hear it).

They've fucked up any character I've cared about in the last few years (Ziggler, Wyatt, Cesaro, Barrett, etc. fucking etc.). WM sucked and was waaaay too long.

It's too bad, I've been watching off and on since '91, attended WM X7, have had the Network for several months but now I'm just kinda done with it all.

Not even the copious amounts of painkillers I was on due to strep could save that shitshow that happened last night.

tumblr_mmqy1y1lHn1sqr9w8o1_r1_400.gif

Is Shane okay? Shane better be okay. That moment pretty much used up all my energy. After that I was barely paying attention. Holy shit. Taker looked scared as FUCK afterwards.

Stephanie was wonderful during H's entrance. Loved it.

Truth. She was great during the match too, her telling Hunter to break Reign's arm was soooooo good.

ICW Barramania was pretty good, the highlight to me was Lionheart
using the Styles Clash to win the Zero-G championship
, crowd went mental for it.
Lionheart..... Hmmmmm, this might be my favourite post of the day so far.

But I'd be more ok with New Day losing if they kept it a handicap match. It would've made Wade's speech make more sense. Also it would've kept New Day looking strong. But we can't make everyone look strong.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Welp, I'm about to be "that guy". Think I'm done w/ rasslin for a while. I'll watch the start of Raw tonight purely for the crowd reaction (if we're allowed to hear it).

They've fucked up any character I've cared about in the last few years (Ziggler, Wyatt, Cesaro, Barrett, etc. fucking etc.). WM sucked and was waaaay too long.

It's too bad, I've been watching off and on since '91, attended WM X7, have had the Network for several months but now I'm just kinda done with it all.

Not even the copious amounts of painkillers I was on due to strep could save that shitshow that happened last night.

But something interesting might happen. Everyone else is doing it, too

O4YNJqt.jpg

Wyatt is done right? They haven't made him or the family worth a damn for years now. Any time they start to build him/them up they kill their credibility and any heat completely.

May I suggest that the WM32 thread has quite possibly the peak overuse and misuse of the term "buried" that any wrasslegaf thread has had on this here site.

A thoroughly mediocre mania indeed (though I had fun, when you're not too invested in the product it's a lot easier to watch the silly unfold) but shit me I swear you could reverse every single result in the event and there'd still be posters screaming BURIED from the proverbial rooftops.

New Day and AJ taking the falls was a bit unexpected but it's not like they got jobbed out or that they lost to fandango tier opponents, jeeeezus.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
May I suggest that the WM32 thread has quite possibly the peak overuse and misuse of the term "buried" that any wrasslegaf thread has had on this here site.

A thoroughly mediocre mania indeed (though I had fun, when you're not too invested in the product it's a lot easier to watch the silly unfold) but shit me I swear you could reverse every single result in the event and there'd still be posters screaming BURIED from the proverbial rooftops.

New Day and AJ taking the falls was a bit unexpected but it's not like they got jobbed out or that they lost to fandango tier opponents, jeeeezus.

I haven't even looked in there. No thanks. Whuff...I'd rather keep it in the family, if you know what I mean.

Zach

I would like to point out that I've already rewatched NXT TakeOver over the weekend.

And in fact seperately rewatched Zayn vs. Nakamura an additional time.

I watched Zayn vs Nakamuraas well.

Its great.
I still haven't watched it and I was there! We've only had time to watch the opening tag match so far, which was wonderful.

Anyway, I'm dying to watch the rest of the show -- especially Nakamura/Zayn -- but I told the lady I wouldn't watch without her and she's back at work. Gyah!

L-O-L at people saying

maxresdefault.jpg

Yeah, because getting punked out by The Rock at any point after 2003 will really do wonders for your standing on the roster. "Getting time" is one way of putting it. Is this the new "Cena Rub"?

I haven't even looked in there. No thanks. Whuff...I'd rather keep it in the family, if you know what I mean.

Well put it this way, the term "fuck this company" is something I'd probably save for the bewildering attempts to control the crowd volume during the doomed from the start main event.

But the term had already been taken to hell and back again as early as New Day lost to a team of solid midcard/upper midcard heels who outnumbered them, so much like certain finishers the phrase had been long devalued by the time I'd have decided to use it.

Bronx-Man

Banned

tumblr_mmqy1y1lHn1sqr9w8o1_r1_400.gif
You made the right decision. The rest of us are in way too deep to escape this now.

Aiii

So not worth it
The thing about getting "the rub" by being jobbed out to a returning superstar is that it's a jobber spot.

I mean, Heath Slater made a career out of it.

It really does nothing for you to be called inbred or a baby by The Rock. Nobody will think more of you, plenty of people will think less of you. Nobody wins.

This is why you have Slater, or Bo Dallas around. The Rock can talk shit about them all day, they can't go further down and you'll never make them go up (unless half your roster gets injured and you need a token IC title win to devalue your elevated title even more, apparently).

Seriously, why is Vince McMahon booking his show the way he did last night? I don't get the reasoning at all.

imBask

Banned
there's a lot of baseball tonight guys. Pick a game, let's watch it together instead of RAW, let's make entertainment great again

Hex

Banned
- I wouldn't say Bray was buried, but they should've let him hit the Sister Abigail on Cena.

- Rusev definitely wasn't buried.

- New Day definitely wasn't buried. Considering LoN lost up to that point, it made sense.

- Roamn probably won't beat that record. It is 12th in the sense of the truest length, but WWE positioned as longest reign in the 'Modern era' or some BS

My view is similar.
New Day are fine, Rusev and company are fine.

Wyatts though got completely jobbed out, Insulted and put down and then no offense in at all.
Could not even let them have the three on one for the Cena save.
They looked completely impotent.

Top Bottom