• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

UberTag

So is RAW going to have the same audio tampering that WM had? Is this the new norm?
Why wouldn't it be the new norm? Don't you want your RAW to sound like Smackdown?
Because unless they tape in Corpus Christi every week (where audio tampering will not be needed), that's going to be the new reality.

Kornflayx

So...... what happens with Shane now? Would be hilarious if they brought him in just to lose to beerbelly Taker in a shitty match.

KingBroly

Banned
Alvarez says the building legitimately had
94,000 people tonight. $17 million gate.
Pretty impressive WWE gave that many people such a shit show.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
JR calls it like it is

"at the end of the day, if enough people dont like someone, then you make him a fucking heel" LOL

The Young Bucks ‏@MattJackson13 4h4 hours ago
Can't believe Shaq got booked before I did.

Browny

Banned
So...... what happens with Shane now? Would be hilarious if they brought him in just to lose to beerbelly Taker in a shitty match.

Now he has to open the box.

wvmcevw.gif

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
I don't mind Charlotte's heeling tactics she's been doing it for a while now. It did make Sasha and Becky look dumb as fuck tho.
I actually tweeted this at Sasha, next time she should ask the ref to remove Ric from ringside. We wouldn't want her or Becky to take any rides on Space Mountain.

Woke up to dump ass.
Just remembered i watched Mania
Had forgotten cause we watched some lucha underground to cheer the room up
What a fucking abortion Mania turned out to be
"Vince steps up his game for Mania" indeed
The only new person that went over was a person in a match exclusively with new people
Hope i didnt post anything dumb in my drunken state of belligerence

Adree

That Charlotte interview on the last Talk is Jericho is really great. Made me appreciate her a lot more. Even she hates that they make her rely on Flair.

That Charlotte interview on the last Talk is Jericho is really great. Made me appreciate her a lot more. Even she hates that they make her rely on Flair.

Ric only showed up on NXT in like one or two of her matches and he never interfered. Once she got to WWE, they're inseperable.

Clegg

Ric only showed up on NXT in like one or two of her matches and he never interfered. Once she got to WWE, they're inseperable.

I'm half convinced that it's more about keeping Ric over than it is about Charlotte. Have to keep up the 'Dirtiest player in the game' moniker.

Yeah ending the womens match the same way every other high profile Charlotte match has ended in the last 6 months here was a real mistake.

This should have been the match where Ric gets sent to the back by the ref and Charlotte gets her comeuppances. Cant have that though. Too logical.

The night should have been a positive night for womens wrestling. Instead now it has a giant "but then this happened" attached to it.

Menome

I think what certifies this WrestleMania as being 'bad' is that I can't think of a single match/segment from the show that I'd want to go back and watch again in future. Even the Women's Championship match, good as it was, was just a solid-good as opposed to an amazing-good.

Is there anyone here that's going to rewatch anything from WM32 a year from now?

Moa

I think what certifies this WrestleMania as being 'bad' is that I can't think of a single match/segment from the show that I'd want to go back and watch again in future. Even the Women's Championship match, good as it was, was just a solid-good as opposed to an amazing-good.

Is there anyone here that's going to rewatch anything from WM32 a year from now?

I'd rewatch that ladder match.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I got a good feeling that Brotista will bless us with his presence next year. He's getting up there, and it's time for that retirement match.

Hopefully it's in the main event against either The Rock, Barack, or Roman Reigns.
Did you see? He's in the new Blade Runner! So happy for him.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
L-O-L at people saying

Bray Wyatt was buried by getting time with one of the WWE's biggest stars

Rusev getting berried by taking a Stunner

New Day getting berried by losing

Roman Reigns will keep the belt until he beats Punk's imaginary "record" that isn't even a record because it's like, 9th

L-O-L at people saying

Bray Wyatt was buried by getting time with one of the WWE's biggest stars

Rusev getting berried by taking a Stunner

New Day getting berried by losing

Roman Reigns will keep the belt until he beats Punk's imaginary "record" that isn't even a record because it's like, 9th

People are surprised the spooky jobbers looked like fools? The one time I can think of this not being the case was Bray pinning Bryan clean at the Rumble a couple of years back. You can only berry someone once, right? Once they're under the dirt, you can't bury them again. He's been junk forever.

New Day deserved a Mania Moment (TM), but instead we'll remind the audience nobody is better than some middle aged retirees. Michaels was in good shape though. They should have all got involved with the tedious twenty minute Rock-a-thon instead.

I don't get the weird stubbornness with Vince and Reigns, he gave up on Luger for much less. There is nothing they can do to get the crowd to embrace him, apart from make him an arrogant dick heel. I doubt Punk has anything to do with anything at this point though.

I found the main event crowd muting offensive, a metaphor of Vince putting his hands over his ears and going "LA LA LA" for the duration.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
New Day's entrance was one hell of a moment, tbh

Covfan

The issue with them muting 99% of the audience is that it sounds like Reigns gets absolutely no reaction whatsoever which I think makes him look worse.

Aiii

So not worth it
Well... that were some very odd booking choices, to say the least.

I don't give a rats ass about "berried" or "not berried" (please retire this stupid expression), but some of the booking was very weird in that it doesn't really entice me to start watching WWE again.

Ryder becoming IC champ was done for the WTF moment, but mark this post, he will lose that belt tonight to Owens or Sami.

Wyatt's were made to look spineless and weak by that 6 second loss. Everything else was fine, but you can't have a guy lose in six seconds and expect him to come out looking anything less than weak as fuck. Literally the only person that managed to survive a spot like that is Daniel Bryan, and we all know why that was. I don't really understand why they did that, I'm sure they had good intentions and wanted the Wyatt's on the show, but that was a dumb move.

I have no clue why they didn't put Sasha over during the women's match. Charlotte wouldn't have come off looking worse if she had lost here instead of one month from now, but this was a really great opportunity to do something special and showcase the women and to end it with a screwjob finish (one that's been done for months upon months, at that) is just, mweh. It took away from the entire "they're women superstars now!" moment imo.

Roman going over was intended, it's a dud, dumb move to end the show on that.

Shane losing is, well, they had to with those dumb stipulations and what not, but again... Why? Another year of Authority? I'm pretty sure everyone was sick of that gimmick 18 months ago. One of the big reasons people are tuning out of their TV show, I'm certain of this.

Show was fine, that Taker vs. Shane match was good, in fact most of the matches were pretty good, but the booking choices were completely off. Weird.

New Day's entrance was one hell of a moment, tbh

I agree, but a win would have been nice. Was such an odd place to install the legends.

In other news, I really disliked the finish to the women's match. I have no problem with Charlotte going over, but after all of the hype a clean finish would have done wonders. Create the story that these three 'superstars' are so good any of them could pull out a win at any time. There was no need to Ric to get involved and cheapen everything.

Ryder becoming IC champ was done for the WTF moment, but mark this post, he will lose that belt tonight to Corbin.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Corbin had a nice quiet goodbye from NXT and a main roster... We will find out tonight. Proud of him and watching his progress since they started putting him on NXT TV. He has the it factor, that was clear, but seeing him learn and be teachable is great.

Browny

Banned
But surely he's big enough for the big leagues? And the previous big guy (Strowman) has been a huge success...

(pun and sarcasm intended)

NXT and NJPW will do it for me as regards spending actual time watching.

Biggest idiocy was having Shane do Ambrose's gimmick better than Ambrose, but whatever. A fun, long, short-sighted show that left me not particularly caring about anything. I did like Ryder winning a title though, he & Owens put the most work into that ladder match. Owens took some especially nasty bumps, that half-and-half on the ladder for instance.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Biggest idiocy was having Shane do Ambrose's gimmick better than Ambrose, but whatever. A fun, long, short-sighted show that left me not particularly caring about anything. I did like Ryder winning a title though, he & Owens put the most work into that ladder match. Owens took some especially nasty bumps, that half-and-half on the ladder for instance.
I also kinda liked Ryder winning. Actually felt good considering all the shit he has dealt with over the years, he had a huge moment and his pops came in to hug him. I'm glad for him.

Gonna also enjoy Vince robbing him of it. You can have it both ways!

Sami's half nelson suplex on KO into the ladder was brutal, I really believed Owens was hurt because he sold it for so long.

Aiii

So not worth it
It's going to be Bayley. Calling it. She doesn't want to get murderdeathkilled by Joshi Goldberg, so she's moving up.

We'll get Bayley, Balor and Friends, maybe Joe if they intend to move him up, and if I was WWE, finally Enzo and Cass with Carmella, but that seems increasingly unlikely.

Ryder's win was without a doubt the best booking of the night even if he drops the title to Corbin on RAW. Was really nice to see Zack get his WM moment and nobody in the ladder match looked worse for him winning it.

We'll get Bayley, Balor and Friends, maybe Joe if they intend to move him up, and if I was WWE, finally Enzo and Cass with Carmella, but that seems increasingly unlikely.

I think Enzo is charismatic as hell and a great promo, but his ring work is so far behind everything else he does. That said, I'm sure his shortcomings are easily hidden on the main roster with short RAW matches.

Aiii

So not worth it
It would be absolutely disgusting to have her lose the title tonight at Raw after not giving it up at Mania.

They will have a title change on the Raw after Mania, it's a rule after Ziggler, Big E and AJ two years ago. Hell of a moment.

But it will be the IC title.

It would be absolutely disgusting to have her lose the title tonight at Raw after not giving it up at Mania.
They're ao backwards, I just see them doing this. Like that onw year when Dolph cashed in on Raw yet the ppv was totally flat. I've noticed Vince likes to save his swerves and surprises for Monday so you can watch because he's already got your money for the ppv. I said it with him being a billionaire and selling out that stadium, he didn't give a fuck about Roman getting booed or getting beat up outside in the parking lot, he's doing whatever he wants.

It would have no effect on ratings.
What it would mean though, is that someone was robbed of a huge Mania moment whether it was Becky or Sasha just so Ric Flairs daughter could have her moment instead.
You're going to have people turning in to watch it...... Wait no one is going to turn the channel to watch that. Who am I kidding.

But it at least brings some interest to the next ppv and why there's a rematch. Like I said, Vince is going to book his way or the highway.

Top Bottom